Poll

Do you agree that grenades should destory claymores within 1 foot?

Yes, grenades should destroy claymores87%87% - 295
No, I don't want grenade to destroy claymores12%12% - 44
Total: 339
ECH
+50|6651|Some where near you
In all honesty claymores are to be used as a defensive weapon, left hidden and out of sight.  Some maps don't offer that luxary like the top of a ladder.   Here is an idea:
Even in 3rd person view while climbing that ladder that can't fully see the top of roofs. Some of you must learn to adjust and reposition those claymores where they can't see them in 3rd person view 3 to 4 steps from the top of the ladder.  It's simple...move the claymore further back, making them climb the ladder to see, then BOMB, head shot by the claymore.

Last edited by ECH (2006-05-28 12:20:59)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6747|Comber, Northern Ireland
wud be good if you could pick up a dead enemy or friendly body and throw it in front of a claymore thus destroying it
Kolhozik
+38|6674|Phila, PA

Ducksteina wrote:

Remove claymores from the sniper kit and instead give them binoculars.
Thats why you have a SCOPED SNIPER RIFLE.

Hummeth wrote:

If a sniper lays one down and realizes that its in plain light, he should be able to remove it so he can still lay down his two mines.
Agree with you completely. What kind of a retarded sniper you have to be to be able to put a clay down, but now disarm it? lol.
ECH
what about just a happy meal instead of claymores... they got cookies...
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

I voted yes because even when you kill the sniper who laid them, they still stick around for a while. Claymores are being used as traps around flags and such, when they are meant to be used for defensive measures ie. laying one infront of a ladder that you used.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6656|Under the River
You cant blow up C4 with an explosive in order to detonate C4 you have to have an electrical charge.
k9transfer
+22|6666
I think Claymores should destroy Grenades...
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.

1.  You can overcome them with teamwork.
2.  Snipers would be totally useless again if you could.
for #1 how?  what if is blocking 1 passage way, 1 way.  how will the egineer get past it without dying.

OR you can send the guy u hate the most in and let him die and revive him
ECH
who actually believe its a valid tactic to leave claymores in clear sight anyway?
Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6486

Viper007Bond wrote:

You can pickup claymores you know...
Really?

So they finally released 1.4?

(No, you can't ****ing pick up claymores, you twit.)

Fabbi_Kanin wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Did you play this game last year?  You could destroy the clays with nades.....why did they change it?
No, I didn't. Appearently using clays was a completely different thing then and Idon't know anything about it but I believe they were quite worthless back then.
No, they owned.  It's just that back then snipers were actually snipers, and used claymores to defend themselves, rather than being suicide bombers armed with anti-personnel mines.

Basically, claymores are shit in the state they are in, and really, really, really must be nerfed in some way.

It's unacceptable that any moron can go 2:1 by simply hitting the "5" key and clicking twice in high traffic areas.
E|W4v0r
+8|6672|New York
I wouldnt mind it if mines could be destroyed by nades again... placing the in a high traffic area, waiting for people to gather, then throwing a nade into it used to own.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6458|United States
Any blast would destroy a claymore, or at least set it off
poidloid
Banned
+22|6522
i think they should be destructable, and each sniper should get 500

but support should be able to get rid of them by throwing an ammo pack at them.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6702|Howell, Mi USA
No
Because Snipers are total pussies, atleast with claymores they have a small chance of staying alive. Besides, engies can disarm them with wrench hehe
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6552|Sverige (SWE)
it who'd be reasonably
l41e
+677|6656

Yes. Snipers should snipe, not go zomg-rush-teh-hotel-and-suicide-claymore-stats-lololololol.
dalmar72
+6|6528

Delphy wrote:

Yeah, definitely. I think AT mines should take a couple hits though. Also similar to the guy above, tank shells and sraws should be able to blow assets after a bit of pounding. Is the metal made of some incredible alloy buy it's only weakness is c4? Come on.
You can kill the MEC satellite dish with the TOW on karknad after about 17-20 hits

Last edited by dalmar72 (2006-09-01 12:06:32)

tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6746|Pakistan/England
im 100% sniper-whore and i hate the fact that all the retarded snipers get away with suicide-spamming claymores on city maps, cos they know theyre guaranteed 4 points for every time they die. let nades destroy the mines for fucks sake..
Defiance
+438|6679

tahadar wrote:

im 100% sniper-whore and i hate the fact that all the retarded snipers get away with suicide-spamming claymores on city maps, cos they know theyre guaranteed 4 points for every time they die. let nades destroy the mines for fucks sake..
You don't need to say you're a sniper whore when you post about claymores.

We know, it's ok.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6817|Marathon, Florida Keys
238 yes/ 39 no so far, eat that claymore humping fucks.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
SGT.Slayero
+98|6473|Life in a vacuum sucks
no because then what is the point of claymores
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Either that or you actually have to trip over them to set them off, not say hi to it and wave your hand 2 meters away and then suddenly, bam!
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6717
Two more snipers for destructable claymores.  I may have more than 500 clay kills, thats only about 16.5% of my sniper kills compaired to 50% with the rifle.   A well placed clay is good,  but running at the enenmy and droping them in plane sight should not work.  haveing them destructible is the best solution.  Good snipers do not relly on clays for there kills.

This one Time at band camp I did decimated a squad of medic trying to take the tv tower with clays, followed by granades and two knife kills.  I think I got some 8 or 9 kills under a minute.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6746|Pakistan/England

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

238 yes/ 39 no so far, eat that claymore humping fucks.
i really think someone should show this poll to the people at dice, they might just change it back to the way it was in the old days

Last edited by tahadar (2006-09-01 12:50:46)

IRONCHEF
+385|6499|Northern California
Grenades?  You should be able to shoot a claymore to detonate it.  It would add some realism.  But if this happened, then Snipers should get more than 2 claymores...4 maybe. 

As for AT mines, I agree with someone who said they should requires more time to place, but they should be close to unseeable.

I think also that ANYONE should be able to crawl up to a claymore, or mine, with a KNIFE, and press "E" to disable it..and maybe "G" to pick it up.  But unless you are the class that carries it, you should not be able to place it.  Imagine medics going around with AT mines and claymores making themselves a little safe corner...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard