Poll

Do you agree that grenades should destory claymores within 1 foot?

Yes, grenades should destroy claymores87%87% - 295
No, I don't want grenade to destroy claymores12%12% - 44
Total: 339
ECH
+50|6641|Some where near you
I mean come on, if you can see a claymore and have a grenade why can't you destroy them?   It makes no sense.  If you didn't see the claymore and it kills you so be it.  However if the combatant place the claymore in clear sight and it's blocking your path chucking a grenade should solve the problem.  I also believe that zealous snipers hopping around the field chucking claymores will stop once they are destroyed.  This will make this tactic pretty useless as claymore chucking leaves them in clear line of sight for everyone to see.  The point of claymore chucking is to get a combatant who is in front of you at the time the claymore is released.  If the claymore chucker misses his mark it simply leaves a claymore in clear sight.  Therefore, anyone should be able to chuck a grenade at it to get rid of the threat and keep this boardline exploit down to a min.

In practice grenade damage to a claymore should render the claymore useless more then anything else.

Results over at BF2, EAUK forums
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24053

Last edited by ECH (2006-05-27 13:19:35)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
Yes..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Feck Yes !!!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6736|The Hague, Netherlands

For sure !, clays should be able to be destroyed
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6572
Definitely
DSRTurtle
+56|6684
No.

1.  You can overcome them with teamwork.
2.  Snipers would be totally useless again if you could.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
Or they should go back to you know, how they were when the game came out, when nobody had a problem with them...
Rizen_Ji
+41|6734|200m out and smiling at you.
as a sniper i vote they should be destructable
samfink
+31|6553
well, lets look at this realistically. if something is expolsive, an explosive WILL usually trigger it off ( that's how bomb disposal get rid of bombs when the have been made safe and taken away, I think), so, in reality, a grenade WOULD detonate a claymore. it should ebn doable ( and the same for C4 and AT mines as well.)
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.
See that "3" button your keyboard? know what it does in BF2? Try it.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6773|EUR
If they can destroy claymores. Then also mines?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Yeah, hate those encounters with snipers at close range (wtf are they doing on the frontline in my face is another question) only for them to be throwing a claymore 10 metres infront of me. I just stand there looking at it. I WILL die, the only way i won't die is if i kill then sniper than wait the time it takes for claymores to dissapear once they died. Cmon this is so fuckin stupid. Whoever said that snipers would be useless with destructable claymores is clearly a smacktard.
Kolhozik
+38|6664|Phila, PA
IMO:

Clays - destroyed only if nade is detonated near them (1feet or less), by C4, or by Egineer.

Mines - should take more time to deploy, but be 80% invisible to the enemy.

C4 - Removed by Engineer.

LIMITED number of nades per spaw-life, LONGER resuply time. - this is for all the nade spammers.

AT rocket - be able to destroy enemy assetts (UAV, Scan, Arty) with lets say 5 DIRECT hits. Show me a fuckin AT rocket that cant blow up a sattelite dish. Soldiers use RPGs to blow up tanks(w/armor), but cant blow up an mobile sattelite box made of aluminum.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SHOULD BE TRIGGERED BY FRIENDLIES TOO, UNLESS DETONATED REMOTELY.

btw, i voted nay.

Last edited by Kolhozik (2006-05-27 13:42:58)

Delphy
+45|6583|Bristol, UK
Yeah, definitely. I think AT mines should take a couple hits though. Also similar to the guy above, tank shells and sraws should be able to blow assets after a bit of pounding. Is the metal made of some incredible alloy buy it's only weakness is c4? Come on.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

I'm still not sure why they made Claymores indestructable... AT mines I understood but Claymores? AT mines are in the middle of nowhere normally and Engineers can remove them but Claymores always end up in tight spots for cheap kills...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6582|Finland
Really claymores should be able to take out with grenades.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6545|inside your nose.
I think so too!
motherdear
+25|6650|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)

samfink wrote:

well, lets look at this realistically. if something is explosive, an explosive WILL usually trigger it off ( that's how bomb disposal get rid of bombs when the have been made safe and taken away, I think), so, in reality, a grenade WOULD detonate a claymore. it should ebn doable ( and the same for C4 and AT mines as well.)
i gotta disagree with you on this thing ( it's not realistic at all). i wonder if you even know how a real claymore is built up i can tell you, a claymore is an anti-personnel weapon with plastic explosives put behind a half open box ( only open to the side of the plastic ) the plastic explosives are triggered with a some kind of electrical or chemical trigger which go into reaction with the explosive and make it blow up. so if you throw a grenade at a claymore the explosives should still be able to blow up, however the trigger mechanism would be heavily damaged and therefore it would not be able to explosive and be made harmless.

so next time have a bit of knowledge on the subject before you post things like that plz
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
omg does it really matter motherdear?

they used to be able to blow up, at least they kept in the whole "repairing them makes them disappear" thing. thats quite useful...
Slink
+17|6695

SargeV1.4 wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.
See that "3" button your keyboard? know what it does in BF2? Try it.
Aw, c'mon!  The knife isn't THAT ubar!

...oh, wait, my bindings are all backwards
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6663
This post is biased.

Last edited by Picouz/VoiD (2006-05-27 15:56:53)

shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6673|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
Yes in my opinion they should.Also engineers should be able to some EOD shit and disable them.
stlnewport
+0|6617
Engineers can disable them just take out your wrench and start cranking
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys
they should be destroyed as soon as they are placed, and have a 50 foot blast radius, killing all the teammates.

DSRturtle wrote:

No
Ya you with your 1000 claymore kills i doubt you would like that.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
dont_be_ss
+312|6592|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

DSRTurtle wrote:

No.

1.  You can overcome them with teamwork.
i never use claymores and ive been sniping for a while now, snipers are useless without claymores? what is the rifle for then?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard