Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

I was a pro sniper in BF1942, I had a reputation, when ever I went on line, people rushed to be on my team because of my sniping prowess...
Well, maybe not, but I was fairly good. Got good at hitting moving targets, y'know the ones you tell your mates about.
I think there should be a change to the crosshairs ESPECIALLY on the Sniper unlock. That rifle is top-of-the-line power, accuracy and range. Thing is, you can't hit anyone long distance unless they're the elephant man because you CAN'T SEE WHERE YOU PUT YOUR BULLET! There needs to be a dot, or a thin line where you can confidently hit those hand-of-god type shots. Even cooler would be an option for the sniper to chose what type of scope and crosshair they had - customisation, but I'm not holding out for that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Agreed. When I play US, I use the m24, because it does the same damage and the sight is much better.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

I hate snipers...  nevertheless, this should be moved to either the chatter or complaints / BF2:Requests forums, as it is obviously not a request for the site. chuy may decide.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6821|USA! USA! USA!
I don't know what sight system the unlock uses (because I'm a crappy player and don't have 1 billion points to unlock everything), but the M24 uses the MilDot reticle, which is true to life for a M24.  I would venture to say that the creators used what they believed would be the standard for the other rifles as well...
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6824
I love sights like the M95.
Infact, I have no problem with putting my bullet anywhere. I was also a great sniper in 42, and I'm probably even a little better in BF2. Actually, lastnight on Wake. I was on the little island with the US arty on it. I sniped a guy on the mainland(in the head) while he was in a turret of one of the jeeps. I had to move the dot up about 2 (real) cm for bulletdrop. that's how far it was.
Ballistix5
+36|6766|Forster NSW
Ya I agree the M95 Sight is teh Crappeh
><

It was my first Unlock and kinda left me wondering "Why?"

Needs to be fixed in the next patch I think.
For an unlock it should be better all it can do is shoot chopper pilots
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

Which is a good point of course. I once shot a helicopter down with a M95. I shot at the engine. No idea how it happned.
Congrats on your legend shot =[4th]=SlayThem. That's just cool. Wish I had seen it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6787|Eastern PA

Ballistix5 wrote:

For an unlock it should be better all it can do is shoot chopper pilots
Yeah, you're right - it really sucks to have that ability . . .
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6777

Druginov sight is awesome... if the game used it like you would in real life :p
heres a little tutorial for ofp... which uses the sights properly
http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/we … gscope.htm
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6773|The Hague, Holland
Ok, lets compare the the regular sniper and the unlocked sniper.
The unlocked one looks like it could rip anything of flesh and bone into a million pieces.
Why not acually make the M95 like that? It really only has one extra ability.
*Btw my first unlock whas the M95 to.*
CBRad929
+1|6775

Krauser98 wrote:

I would venture to say that the creators used what they believed would be the standard for the other rifles as well...
If that was case the M95 would give you a terminal dose of lead poisoning on the first try.

Unfortunately, I think what happened was they went for realism on some items, but traded off others for balance.

I would accept the M95 using thicker crosshairs than the m24 if the M95 did more damage.  Rather they give you longer distance and the ability to damage armor/shoot through glass.  But since the crosshairs are thicker, its harder to see what you are aiming at to begin with.  Its kinda counter-productive...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6834|Bryan/College Station, TX

beeng wrote:

Druginov sight is awesome... if the game used it like you would in real life :p
heres a little tutorial for ofp... which uses the sights properly
http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/we … gscope.htm
Now if we could only have a tutorial just like that one except for every sniper rifle and how to aim with each one including the unlock.

I would like to see that tutorial and if it ever came out it would be a nice "feature post"
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6787|Eastern PA
Y'all might want to keep in mind that military rifles chambered for .50 BMG are "not intended" for anti-personnel use (as per the Geneva Conventions); they are to be used against equipment only (*cough* If you say so *cough*) . . .

Under those circumstances, extremely fine crosshairs would seldom be "considered" necessary.

Last edited by T1mbrW0lf (2005-10-18 05:45:30)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

Hmm, maybe, but in Battlefield dude? I'm not going to be shooting jeeps hoping to cut the fuel line or anything. Did that once to an attack chopper though. That worked.
[Blinking eyes thing]
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6787|Eastern PA
I'm not making that comment with regard to actual gameplay - I'm referring to the actual weapons the game authors likely used as examples for the "in-game" models.

Obviously, many aspects of most of the weapons have been altered in the name of "balanced" play - and the most we can usually hope for with any game like this is that the authors are (at least) military enthusiasts.

As far as I'm concerned, it's too much to hope for that they would actually have any real-world experience with many of these weapons, let alone any genuine military training (and the same goes for most of the correspondants complaining about the various weapon features and their "real world" vs "in-game" performance).
BrightAsh
+1|6807
I read your story and think... this guy lacks the skill
Glennwood_Quagmire
+3|6818
Any of you guys mess around with the Deer Hunter 2005 demo, you get to set up your rifle how you like it, Cal. Scope rectile, ect. there's even a shooting range in the demo where you sight it in, and can figure out the bullet drop.

GQ
mdThanatos
+0|6755
I agree that the crosshairs are a bit large for the 95.  I also feel that it should be doing the most damage out of all the weapons.  The damage is the same for the M24 and the 95, but in reality if you got shot with the .50 caliber round in the torso it would be lethal, if you got shot in the head, it would be gone.  Also, the U.S. military force is the USMC, which uses the M40A3, not the M24.  They both use the same round and really only vary in appearance, its just that they should have had the M40 since we play as marines and not as the Army.  Also the SVD should do the same damage as the M24 since they are both a 7.62mm round.  I just find the realism lacking in this game, it is fun and all, jut frustrating when it takes 2 shots with a .50 caliber rifle cause you missed the head the first time cause of the large crosshairs.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6811
Honestly I think they should change the sniper unlock to a different weapon. The M95 in real life is so powerful, there's no way to make a semi-realistic ungodlike version of it for this game. Heck, if they had one that was the exact same as the american standard sniper rifle, but semi auto, that would rock. Or just increase the zoom/range.
mdThanatos
+0|6755
I agree, the 95 would be too powerful if it was implemented with realism.  It can hit targets from 2 miles out and with its large caliber it should be a one shot kill weapon and to have that implemented would be unbalanced and everyone would be going for that weapon.  A different weapon would be cool, but which could they use, for a longer ranged weapon, there is the .338 magnum, it would have a higher damage output, but not as high as a .50 would.  That would settle the longer range and would be a more viable route for an unlock.
Grasshopper106
+0|6754
I'd like to see the crosshairs not so bold. I sometimes just use the M24 when playing the US. The whole bolt action is pretty cool...just depends on the mood.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

The thing is, and this is only what I think, I like hitting people from long range. I couldn't really give a crap about the power*, It's those shots that get people wondering, "Where the Hell did that come from?"

*Unless it was really shitty of course.
[Blinking eyes thing]
{XWR}belgarion
+4|6759
also it would be nice for a zoomable scope with fine cross hairs in the middle to make it more accurate.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6828
It seems like we should be able to go into the Program and change the Sight our selves, I did this on MoH. I had a 1 pixel Red dot for the. M1 of course I was more into it back then. Any thoughts maybe some one could Mod it ?
McGruff
+0|6769

{XWR}belgarion wrote:

also it would be nice for a zoomable scope with fine cross hairs in the middle to make it more accurate.
I agree with him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard