Yes, I help oversee BF2 servers I experience crashes0%0% - 2
Total: 214
ECH
+50|6660|Some where near you
Interesting post by Gruntsnortgrr

Gruntsnortgrr wrote:

Gruntsnortgrr
STOP TRYING TO GET US TO BELEIVE IT WAS DUE TO A PATCH MISSMATCH EA/DICE

Don't let them brainwash you guys. I wouldn't doubt it if it's them who are posting that stuff here. They claim that the crash occurs when everyone on the server is using the full patch and then someone who is using the incremental patch joins. I THINK THAT'S BULL. I think they are just trying to shift the blame away from THIER BAD PATCH.
Why would they do that you ask, simple read any of these 30 or so pages. This entire thread is nothing but complaints threatening to dump EA and never buy another one of thier games.
The 1.3 patch was working good for me when it first came out other than the ctd but now it's SLOW so I think changes are being done 'ON THIER END'.

Here's my proof the patch is crap and not a missmatch like they try to get you to believe.

CaZaDoR4ACC was on the beta testing team for this patch, and he has admitted that ALL these problems HAVE BEEN EXPIERIENCED and EA were told they exist. Now I doubt very much that they had an icremental beta patch as well as a full beta patch which caused this same problem in beta stage. Bottom line is that all these problems WERE FOUND AND NOTED before the patch was released. They are now trying to get you guys to belive it's because some people use the incremental patch and others used the full patch. I wouldn't doubt it if some of the posters here trying to push that notion are infact EA/DICE. Here's the post from one of the beta testers.

QUOTE CaZaDoR4ACC:
Actually your Wrong in respect of it not being tested....I was on the Beta Test of v1.3 and AF, we went through the patch with a fine toothcomb, the issues people are experiencing now were reported, apart from the Browser which we couldn't possibly have known about as we were using a special login system.

The last build we tested was 694 and it contained bugs, I have absolutely no idea what the hell they did between that build and 710 but the same issues that were present in 694 are still there in 710 as far as I can see.

I'm disgusted that they released this patch in the condition it is in but I can assure you that build 694 was tested thoroughly by the team.

Unfortunately we have no control over what EA/DICE decide to do with the feedback we provide to them.
:END QUOTE
You can find this post at the very bottom of this page: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … ;start=285

Last edited by ECH (2006-06-04 17:25:01)

eagles1106
+269|6601|Marlton, New Jersey.
lot of the time every time i click join game the damn thing crashes to desktop, and sometimes have to restart my comp to get it to work, annoying shit.  although i fixed that with some help and it never does it now
ECH
+50|6660|Some where near you

eagles1106 wrote:

lot of the time every time i click join game the damn thing crashes to desktop, and sometimes have to restart my comp to get it to work, annoying shit.  although i fixed that with some help and it never does it now
what did you do to fix it?
Pte_HandJob
+1|6783
Had "Verifying client data" issues after loading up 1.3. Took me 5mins just to verify and most of the time, got kicked out for idling even before I got in.

Had to uninstall and reinstall, and so far so good
Delphy
+45|6602|Bristol, UK
Solution: go back to 1.22
camobarge
Trigger happy
+1|6558|Ball Ground, GA
as you can see this is my first post, I wanted to read the Forums to see if I was the only one haveing these issues and I have tried all the tricks I could think of.  I have just started playing more and the issues all seem random, ie one time i will get a crash the next time I just will get a dissconnect, so i think it must be linked to the patch, if im wrong then its really odd that im havin the issues after the patch.
PheloniusRM
+8|6715|Mission Viejo, CA
I think people need to separate the 1.3 patch from the Armored Fury module. I have had zero problems. I installed the 1.3 incremental patch and I DO NOT have either EF or AF.  Maybe the problems are related to the two modules, and not to 1.3 patch. I also have a fairly top of the line computer.

I would think that if you did a full reinstall using the 1.3 incremental and only add special forces, then you should have the same performance that I do. Hearing all this complaining makes me absolutely not want to find out if EF or AF is the problem.
M3Z-X
[KNTL] - Kill Now Think Later
+28|6548|London, England
SHALL I JUST EASE YOUR PAIN? yes well here goes.
EA/DICE are run by retards, they get retarded programmers to program the game and then get blind deaf illiterate and mute people to test it and then think why not tlets make thigns unbalanced so we can waste peoples tiem n make them buy outr new game. also EA/DICE are obviosly just complete cunts! they ovisioly go hoem at night n plan their little schemes with plastic toy solfdiers n shit. yer anyway the game was godo till EA?DICE started fuckign with it!!!!!!!
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6662|Annapolis, MD
I cannot load a game in Special Forces. Either it crashes due to cached shader problems or punkbuster WILL NOT let me in due to modified content.
-r3-anubis
+73|6554|florida
I don't think EA is doing damn to thing to help us.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6576

ECH wrote:

* Do you agree that there are problems using Patch 1.30?

Server crashing more?
Experience more disconnects then ever?

People over at the BF2 Forums in EAUK seem to also have this problem
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph … 586#250586
My copy works perfectly fine... HA HA!

Last edited by Jo Barf Creepy (2006-06-11 23:29:02)

j5f5ff
+11|6767
I  experience disconnects but shouldn't there be a "no" option for the lucky folks who have no problems?
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6550|Australia
i get the occasional CTD (Crash to Desktop) but they have increased since 1.3
buttersIRL
+17|6615
only happens on mine if it try a AF server.  original maps work fine
-MIKI3.
+70|6661|The Netherlands
Yes, as a gamer I experience all of these problem
Yes, I help oversee BF2 servers I experience crashes
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6756|Comber, Northern Ireland
whoever -1 me saying omfg now you blame 1.3 for making ur pc crap?  plz leave ur name

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard