Poll

Even with all it's problems BF2 has to be one of the best games around

Damn right!88%88% - 159
What is BF2? Why am I on this site?11%11% - 21
Total: 180
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6546|Canada
Maybe it's just me, but the first time I played BF1942 I was hooked on this awesome new style of FPS that didn't restrict you to just infantry or just armour or just aircraft.  But then I started playing BF2 and it was a leap forward with the squads and commander capabilities.  Not to mention the ranked online play that actually gives you a long term goal and gives those who play often credit.

I think that the people at Dice and EA are doing a great job, even with 1.3 and all it's faults, it does show that they are trying.  I think that vehicle drops give the commander a lot more influence and it will help the commanders get control over their squads.  Commanders don't give supplies and vehicles to squads that don't follow orders.  We all know that the vehicle drop is flawed and it needs work.  So I'm sure EA will adjust things in 1.3x, perhaps treating the falling vehicle more like a spawned vehicle and it pushes anyone underneath out of the way.

I'm not trying to kiss anyone's ass here but I think we should all remember why it is that we complain, not because it's a crappy game.  If that were true people wouldn't play and would have no reason to complain.

Well that's my two cents anyways...

Just for clarification the reason for the second option is as I stated above, if you didn't love BF2 why do you play and even better yet, why are you reading this post?

Oh yeah, and go Oilers!

Last edited by Point&Shoot (2006-05-26 15:41:48)

=JoD=Corithus
+30|6557
FINALLY!!!!!
After hundreds of different posts whining and bitching and complaining non stop, finally someone who speaks logic! +1 to you sir, for stating an original opinion that will probably get you flamed!
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6630|USA

Point&Shoot wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but the first time I played BF1942 I was hooked on this awesome new style of FPS that didn't restrict you to just infantry or just armour or just aircraft.  But then I started playing BF2 and it was a leap forward with the squads and commander capabilities.  Not to mention the ranked online play that actually gives you a long term goal and gives those who play often credit.

I think that the people at Dice and EA are doing a great job, even with 1.3 and all it's faults, it does show that they are trying.  I think that vehicle drops give the commander a lot more influence and it will help the commanders get control over their squads.  Commanders don't give supplies and vehicles to squads that don't follow orders.  We all know that the vehicle drop is flawed and it needs work.  So I'm sure EA will adjust things in 1.3x, perhaps treating the falling vehicle more like a spawned vehicle and it pushes anyone underneath out of the way.

I'm not trying to kiss anyone's ass here but I think we should all remember why it is that we complain, not because it's a crappy game.  If that were true people wouldn't play and would have no reason to complain.

Well that's my two cents anyways...
i agree with you.  I have a lot of fun playing this one.  I just got black (PS2) and i would rather play this any day of the week.  +1 for you since i completely agree (did i already say that???)
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6574
Im with you too buddy +1.

I love BF2. True the squad hopping could have turned the tables in our clan match for the better, but it just means my clan needs to adapt ( a lot).
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6559
yep...totally agree! well done! +1

GL Andy
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

I hate to interupt the male bonding in here 8-)

Actually, lol i just wanted to say that ^^^^ hehe, yeah I would agree, and if anything it is not so much the game that is at fault, it's the arseholes who play it.  Like me

savking
+37|6586|England
roger that bf2 still is great despite the wank patching by EA +1 for u
bruisehound
+14|6779
Let's see, here ... teamwork, getting rank and bonus toys, the challenge of playing against 30 other guys that are trying to figure out how to outthink and outgun you, the chaos of interacting air, foot, vehicle, armor, and commander elements, seven different kits each of can be played a million different ways, and the eternal panicking quest to find a way to be sneaky enough to catch your enemies off guard for just one second ...
I'd say it's the one of the best freaking video games I've ever known...right alongside the original X-Com for addictive challenge.

Last edited by bruisehound (2006-05-27 22:17:12)

Hyper
Banned
+154|6750
where is the BF2 is the biggest secret beta ever created option
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6546|Canada
*shamelessly reviving post*
bedolf57
+20|6713|Metz, France

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

FINALLY!!!!!
After hundreds of different posts whining and bitching and complaining non stop, finally someone who speaks logic! +1 to you sir, for stating an original opinion that will probably get you flamed!
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6657|San Francisco, CA
it's fun for everyone!

bring grandma, bring grandpa, heck..even bring the kids!
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

I don't care how laggy it is, or how many bugs it has, its stilla  great game, and it will be even better on my new computer once I get it.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6551|UK
BF2 is definately a great game. 

It has bugs - but then so does the Space Shuttle but you don't hear people ranting "Fuck NASA" when they blow up.

+1 m8
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
And do you know how much we taxpayers fork over for the Shuttle?  More than $50 and we don't complain!!  Good work on the example, EricTViking!

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-09-29 13:19:55)

AFFROPANDA
+2|6517|Perth, Western Australia
BF2 causes me grief and half the time ill walk away pissed at some server full of people who use SRAW's as a main weapon. Yet still i subject myself to it - so something must be good.

Where else can you experience the thrill of stalking some bastard through Sharqui Penninsula for 2 minutes to get the perfect knife/pistol kill? Nowhere that's where, hope 2142 keeps my favoured ninja assasin style of play alive - hopefully with less annoyances than BF2.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Where?  Infantry only servers.  It's a beautiful thing.

If they use the SRAW as their main, you should mop the battlefield with em.  They fire, you dodge rocket, you crouch with iron sights = 2 points for you!
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6546|Canada
*cough*
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK

Point&Shoot wrote:

*cough*
Niiice
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

Point&Shoot wrote:

*cough*
Sly devil.
SteikeTa
+153|6747|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Hehe, nice cough
Deadman
+34|6441|England
Have you got a touch of the flu there Mr Point&Shoot??
Here, have some Benelyn from me.
And yeah the game still rox my sox.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6546|Canada
Yeah I got this sore throat too *cough* *hack*...

I will try some Benelyn though, thanks Deadman.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6650|The Netherlands
why cant i vote enemyboat spotted?

but still like bf2 more than everyting

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2006-11-19 13:28:45)

Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6546|Canada

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE wrote:

why cant i vote enemyboat spotted?

but still like bf2 more than everyting

EDIT: spelling
Not every poll is perfect, I apologize for my inadequate pollage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard