Poll

European society is superior to US society. Do you agree?

Yes, what a stupid question!56%56% - 94
No, keep widening that gap between rich and poor!43%43% - 73
Total: 167
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA

FubarJonny wrote:

well at least were not all commie

and why are we banging on each other our two societys are great freinds just get along
You're absolutely right, it seems though that the most vocal are the most hateful and just go around trying to start flamewars. Yes I have made MANY pro-America posts on these threads, as has horseman77 and several others, but they have been in response to someone's myopic hate-bating rhetoric. If someone called your family a bunch of idiots wouldn't you defend yourself? As I have said in another thread, us yanks don't sit around bragging that we're better than ______. It's your words and actions that make you a cocktard, not your nationality. I for one don't believe all the negatives I see reported about other countries to be all that goes on there (ie. Frances habit of burning their own stuff for strikes and protests). Some of you should start being a little more objective when you watch CNNI and realize there is a good amount of editorial material in many of their reports. I for one can't wait to start traveling as I have recently started a job that allows me to do so, first on my list is Creamfields at Liverpool to see The Prodigy!! Though I may go to their show in Portugal instead.
I got the poison!
I got the remedy!
I got the poison the miracle remedy!!
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556

Horseman 77 wrote:

come to think of it what has any other country done in the last 200 ?
If you're seriously mocking the last 2 centuries as having accomplished nothing, you're such a fool.

"Come to think of it, every noteworthy technological accomplishment in the last 200 years revolves around the USA."
^ ^ Quote from a karma giver to this post. ^ ^

Seriously, if you couldn't see this post of mine as support for accomplishment, I can only provide you with the label of "completely f***ing retarded son of a b***".

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-31 21:56:47)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
Try and actually read the question and reply to it. It always surprises me when people, while safely anonymous, mouth off and act tough as if it is some sort of accomplishment or replacement for not having a viable argument.

Big mouth = Little jimmy

I don't think I have ever used the Karma feature yet.
Jepeto87
+38|6685|Dublin

Horseman 77 wrote:

Well a European person invented "Goldschlager" an amazing shot that contains gold flakes that cut your throat as you swallow. This allows your body to absorb the alcohol quicker.... and maybe one other thing worthy of a mention...

Come on what sort of question is that! And your response to Xietsu isnt much better as I cant see how your to respond to your above statement!

Cheers!

Last edited by Jepeto87 (2006-06-06 04:29:39)

JG1567JG
+110|6588|United States of America

Jepeto87 wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Well a European person invented "Glosslager" an amazing shot that contains gold flakes that cut your throat as you swallow. This allows your body to absorb the alcohol quicker.... and maybe one other thing worthy of a mention...

Come on what sort of question is that! And your response to Xietsu isnt much better as I cant see how your to respond to your above statement!

Cheers!
Only an Irishman could come up with such an aswer.  I have heard this too about the gold flakes.
You have to love any country that values their Alcohol like the Irish.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
european society is superior at being european society
easy-skanking
+43|6536

Jepeto87 wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Well a European person invented "Glosslager" an amazing shot that contains gold flakes that cut your throat as you swallow. This allows your body to absorb the alcohol quicker.... and maybe one other thing worthy of a mention...

Cheers!
... i think you mean goldschlager ...

and the whole cut your esophagus thing is a wives tale.
Jepeto87
+38|6685|Dublin
Hey it works for me!
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556

Horseman 77 wrote:

Try and actually read the question and reply to it. It always surprises me when people, while safely anonymous, mouth off and act tough as if it is some sort of accomplishment or replacement for not having a viable argument.

Big mouth = Little jimmy

A response to foolishness is mouthing off? Oh, it must be, it was too blatantly in opposition of your stance. You're such an ignorant fool, it's almost sad. Instead of identifying the actuality of the argument presented, you change the subject (like you've done with so many other people) and try to act morally superior. In fact, you've presented nothing more than your typical, imbecillic misconception of another's perspective.

Irregardless of the fact, I'm confused as to why you think I was referring to you with my example of a karma giver. Despite what you may think, there are other fools in the world -- you aren't the only one, so don't think you're special. lmfao.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837

Xietsu wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Big mouth = Little jimmy

A response to foolishness is mouthing off? Oh, it must be, it was too blatantly in opposition of your stance. You're such an ignorant fool, it's almost sad. Instead of identifying the actuality of the argument presented, you change the subject (like you've done with so many other people) and try to act morally superior. In fact, you've presented nothing more than your typical, imbecilic misconception of another's perspective.

Irregardless of the fact, I'm confused as to why you think I was referring to you with my example of a karma giver. Despite what you may think, there are other fools in the world -- you aren't the only one, so don't think you're special. MFA.
All the name calling you do just drives home the Stereotype that you have become. Do you really think you can intimidate on line? Its laughable, The total safety is why people like you thrive here and are so overly opinionated and rude.
Is anyone impressed? I doubt it.
What ( stance ) did you perceive in that one line " Come to think of it what has any other country done in the last 200 ? " You obviously had some preconceived notions in you mind. Your sentences are over done. It takes you too many words to produce a simple thought. Its seems like you are trying to give the impression that you are well educated yet you seem all to easily confused, are you deliberately trying to appear dense for some reason ?

PS: you may note, I didn't even quote you.

I just made a broad statement, an Observation about people who mouth off on line while anonymous and completely safe. ( punk ass bitches ) *

Only you answered, why is that ? Was it the " Little jimmy " line?

When someone yells asshole in a crowd do you perk up and answer?

* dam! now you have me doing it!

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-06-06 06:59:07)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556
The stance that you're crediting achievement to America alone through that period, if nothing at all to any societal establishment. You're a fucking fool. You know why I insult? When people are too thick to understand the logic presented. Reaffirmation, but I suppose it's counter-intuitive, because when an ignorant feels threatened by an arrogant power, they are discouraged from conceding the correctitude present. Were I to hold a discussion with you in real life, you somehow think I would speak differently? Yet again, you merely justify the position against your maturity -- specifically, that there is a lack of such.

Despite what your assumptious, fool ass may think, 2 centuries of history have an incredibly large span of  fulfillment across an incredibly large span of countries. Irregardless, the inference provided by your statement is still negative through both contexts. Everything to you use justification of a US superiority, but in fact -- in all truthfulness -- the objective philosophizing present within our founding fathers seems to be so greatly usurped by fundamentalists seeking to affirm their stance within a community, even if subconciously. What is national identity unless you believe your country to hold a stance of superiority? Certainly more than what it is without such a held belief.
panic.fo
+-1|6647
This poll doesn't make any sense because there are almost 50 countries in Europe all with their own language and culture..

The societies of some european countries are superior to the american counterpart and some are inferior in my opinion but it is a very subjective topic at best..

How a european person values societies is almost certainly wildly different from an american person for example so trying to compare the two, if one were to ignore the gross misconception of the author of this thread that Europe is a country, would not make much sense..
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
You never told us why  you answer to asshole ?
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556
Unceasing in your idiocy. After blowing off every counterpoint to your shortsighted, mindless statement, you just spew bullshit like usual. Irrespective of that little scene (that everyone already fuckin' knows about), you now claim I answer to asshole? But hey, even so, although I haven't displayed such, anyone may answer to anything. If someone holds a certain perception of you, they may identify you with a label befitting such an association. If someone views me to be an asshole, I might reply as to straighten out any misinterpretation, if need be. So, if you haven't caught it already, the fact is that if you "refuse" to answer to some particular term, fact is that you're most likely being immature (and no, someone elses name is not included in the referenced "particular term").

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-06-07 19:46:22)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

panic.fo wrote:

This poll doesn't make any sense because there are almost 50 countries in Europe all with their own language and culture..

The societies of some european countries are superior to the American counterpart and some are inferior in my opinion but it is a very subjective topic at best..

How a european person values societies is almost certainly wildly different from an american person for example so trying to compare the two, if one were to ignore the gross misconception of the author of this thread that Europe is a country, would not make much sense..
Yeah and Europeans don't bath and use deodorant.......... and don't even think of disputing this, I work for an airline and I smell you everytime you walk off the damn airplanes..........Also tell your damn women to shave their armpits and their legs once in awhile would ya??? A good society should include hygene.

1 guess as to who I think is best.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6556
Not shaving armpit hair isn't a display of a lack of hygiene. Even if they do smell, they could just be one with some very active sweat glands.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6643|Cumberland, MD, USA
I've never been to Europe, but from the, "Europe works to live" remark, I work to live also, not live to work. Am I a bad American?

Not every American is obsessed with the bottomline. That ideal is permified by TV shows that feature Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, P.Diddy, and other rich people that all they care about is money. Surprisingly all Americans aren't rich. I'm not rich at all, but I'm happy. I'd rather be rich with happiness than rich with cash.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Xietsu wrote:

Not shaving armpit hair isn't a display of a lack of hygiene. Even if they do smell, they could just be one with some very active sweat glands.
Or a whole plane full of active sweat glands.lol
Tromboner999
Professional Nubcake
+58|6643|Here to Eternity
In the Netherlands, pederasts have their own political party....

...and you're asking if Europe's society is 'better'??

w
t
f
?
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6550|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Smaug wrote:

DonFck wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Guess you never saw TEAM AMERICA!
What a dumb question.

If Europe is sooo great, America never would have been found.

So stick to your crooked teeth, crumpets and tea.

What has Europe done for the world in the last 50 years?

I can only think of 3 things that you gave us, Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing (Two of them ended up in Star Wars)

Money isnt everything, most of us live for Justice, Freedom and the pursuit of Happiness.

Guess you really cant understand unless you live here, its quite the Utopian Society.

AMERICA  FUCK YEAH!
FYI, Team America was made with total and complete sarcasm in mind..
Vincent Price--"Actor, writer, and gourmet, born in St Louis, Missouri. He traveled through Europe, studied at Yale, and became an actor. " So only Cushing And Lee apply. Funny you pick those three(from IMDB.COM)-"Price and Christopher Lee were born on the same day (27th May) and Peter Cushing was born on the 26th." wooooo-hooooooo-oooooooo *creepy sound*
Besides, we gave you Ricky Gervais too
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6758|MA, USA
I find myself wondering why this thread is allowed to continue and the alternative (though equally poor) thread which postulates the silly question in reverse has been closed?

I am certainly not saying the other thread should have been left open, but given the obnoxious way this question has been framed, surely even-handedness demands this one to be closed as well?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555

whittsend wrote:

I find myself wondering why this thread is allowed to continue and the alternative (though equally poor) thread which postulates the silly question in reverse has been closed?

I am certainly not saying the other thread should have been left open, but given the obnoxious way this question has been framed, surely even-handedness demands this one to be closed as well?
Agreed. Close it once and for all.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
*sigh*
https://www.hamiltontn.gov/ems/images/EMS%20fire%20extinguisher%202004%20009.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard