Your stance on mines.

The're great, Mine spamming has never been easier.35%35% - 32
They should be fixed, smart and invulnerable don't mix.29%29% - 26
Don't really care.34%34% - 31
Total: 89
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
what i do with mines--- drive up to a freindly one and jump out, the car keeps on going over the freindly mine and blows it up, killing me, then i punish.

jk

I think mines should be forced to be distrucible again by both sides, as systray said, it doesnt care who you are.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

stryyker wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

stryyker wrote:

lol.
What. You prefer monkey or dragon?
i myself prefer panda stance.

i chill in the back and much on bamboo
Awesome.
randompants
+3|6571

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

why not make claymores destroyable by an M95, AT mines are only destroyable by a wrench, i.e. unique to one kit, so is the M95, it also gives a nod towards the anti-material uses of the M95?
Another great idea that will never be implemented....
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6734|Oslo, Norway
ok you got pwnt, want a cookie?

change server, play lder patches, that works
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6744|St. Paul, MN
Smart mines = less teamkills = less #@!$#%!#$^!!! = good thing
Invunerable mines = Should only be invunerable to the following: hand grenades, small arms, non-50cal fire, knifes etc.
C4 cannot be disabled and/or picked up = nonsense. If a spec ops can setup a satchel charge he should be able to disable one too. An engineer likewise should know how to disable explosives.

Tiger stance anyone?
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6606|Lancashire, UK
I think you should be able to "spot" Mines and claymores for your team-mates  just like spotting the enemy, 

"Enemy Claymore Spotted!"   Then it should show up with the Skull-and crossbones like friendly mines, so you have more chance of avoiding it.

....oh and Mantis-Stance FTW...
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

BMAsRevenge wrote:

AT Mines - Are fine the way they are.

C4 - Is fine the way it is except Although I agree you shouldn't be able to throw them you should be able to toss them slightly. I don't know how many times I have tried to toss them over a small object only to have it stick on the same side I'm on.

Claymores - Should be a little destructable "Maybe nades only?" or at least wrench-able from a safer distance. Its almost impossible to wrench them when they are used in combo with an enemy watching them at the same time like on a stairway.
Roger that.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6578|Florida

the_ubernoob_ wrote:

1: they can't be tripped by friendlies and;
Oddly enough, I played a server the other night that your claymores not only killed yourself if you walked in front of them, but frienlies as well.....it was wierd..and different because i got used to being able to run in front of them lol
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6512
I Say No Fucking Tks With Either Claymores Or At Mines. Back To Before 1.3
PCShooterNoob
+22|6540|Florida
I agree with most of the things said here...except for "They're fine as they are" BS.  Claymores do need to be destructible.  They're not like AT Mines or C4 with very specific detonator systems.  Almost anything can set them off, and it should be that way in BF2.  I like that teammates can't set them off, because that makes them useless, but making them nigh invulnerable and allowing them to remain long after death DOES make them practically a guaranteed kill.  if they were destructible, at least people might have to THINK about where they hide them, instead of just tossing it with full knowledge that someone would INEVITABLY get around to it.

I think AT mines should still be destructable from high explosives, but they should be buried of camoflauged when they're planted, so that they'd be almost impossible for enemies to notice.

As for C4, well, they're not set off by just anything, so I'm not sure how to handle those.  I've never really had much of a problem with them, because at least THEY have to be watched or payed attention to to snag kills, rather than just planted somewhere so you can just walk away.  I'm fine with C4, because if they were easily disabled in ADDITION to needing intentional detonation, they'd be kind of a pain in the ass.  Maybe if when an engineer or special forces guy tried to disable it, there'd be a percent chance it'd go off in their face.  That'd be fun to watch.
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6713|Hong Kong, China
Hm...if the M95 could set of explosives...

Engineer: Look! A Mine! *takes out wrench*

Same team sniper: Look! A Mine! *takes out M95*

*splat*

Sniper has team killed Engineer.

My 2 bits:
Make M95 blow up all explosives upon hittin it.
Make C4 and Arty blow up all explosives upon detonation in a certain area.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard