Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria
Yeah so since 1.3 it seems that every once in a while, I just get a connection problem thingy and eventually get disconnected. Works fine w/o any lag until there but then poof! I'm out... anything I am missing? Or will the full patch fix that?

Edit: For those who have the same problem. Don't bother downloading the full patch, I've tried it and it doesn't work better.

Thanks Dice for providing us the most fucked up patch ever made for a game.
I guess we should just all install patch 1.1 when everything was at least working and the gameplay wasn't n00b adjusted...

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-05-26 02:44:43)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada
Yup, this has happened to me alot since the patch too. I never use to loose connection unless the server crashed, or i crashed to desktop. But now, i'm getting disconnected very often. I was 30-0 in a jet on wake island, and i got disconnected.. wasn't happy.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK

Vintageologist wrote:

anything I am missing?
A search. j/k

It may not be anything to do with 1.3, but if it is all i can reccomend it installing the full patch again
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria

liquidat0r wrote:

Vintageologist wrote:

anything I am missing?
A search. j/k

It may not be anything to do with 1.3, but if it is all i can reccomend it installing the full patch again
Ok I'll give it a try and report back later...
savking
+37|6580|England
i keep on getiin you have a connection problem right at the end of all the rounds i play, then just jumps to the results bit
KurtisMayfield
+1|6647
There is a large threat about this on TBF2 forums.. basically the server admins are complaining that this new patch crashes the servers multiple times/day. This may be why you are getting disconnects. I know I got disconnected twice last night because of server crashes.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria

savking wrote:

i keep on getiin you have a connection problem right at the end of all the rounds i play, then just jumps to the results bit
No that bug has been around before 1.3 and it usually was just a second or so.
KillBilly666
+1|6619
I am also getting the same thing with the connection problem. Never had this issues as well unitl this patch and I only installed the full 1.3 patch. Hopefully EA can get this resolved cause it is happening alot lately on the server I play on and never had the problem before this patch.
JE3146
+109|6564|Oregon
I've lost about 150 points or so in the past few days because of this. I thought it was my favorite server going tits up. Was beginning to piss me off. Least now I know it wasn't them, and just a "feature" of the new patch
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6683|Tampa Bay Florida
let's get a beat goin here....

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note-for-note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, (ha-ha ha-ha ha-ha) be happy (look at me, I'm happy)

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo (Here, I'll give you my phone number. When you're
worried, call me. I'll make you happy.)
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you're worried, your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy

Now there, is this song I wrote
I hope you learned it note-for-note, like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
A-listen to a-what I say
In your life, expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy, be happy now

Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't do it, be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like
this
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo It will soon pass, whatever it
is
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

(fading...)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo I'm not worried
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo I'm happy
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6601|Sweden
ive had it twice now, usually if there is "theres a problem with your connection" it solves itself after about 4-5 sec but now two crashes, not fun for me as i had 50+ points on one (n ye im n00b so 50 pts is much for me )
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6662
My favorite server has crashe two times on me too.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6570|Arlen, Texas
I have been getting "there is a problem...etc." then disconnected more times in the last two days than in the last two months.Also the "problem-connection blabla" shows up right at the end of a round, but I don't get disconnected,it goes to score screen.And every since 1.3, my feet have been hurting.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6743
been getting the "There is a problem with your connection" all the time since patch 1.3. a few of the times i know that it is down to the server crashing, but it is becoming very annoying now.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6786|South Cybertown, Texas
More now than ever before!

I wish EA would roll this game back to its orignial form (no patches) and start over!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
I'm getting disconnected all day on SF servers,on vanilla BF2 it's not that severe.
But it doesn't seem to be a problem on my machine,the server just restarts.
After getting disconnected I can always see that I'm not the only one and that the server restarts with its mapcycle..

Before this patch there already were some server-restarts,but they were much,much rare than it is now.
And before 1.3 you got a message after you got disconnected(Your connection to the server has been lost),now the gameplay just freezes with the "There is a problem with your connection"-message and you have to disconnect yourself.
When you then go and check the server you'll see that it already has restarted and there are only a few players on it.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6636|Cumberland, MD, USA
I get disconnected nearly every game on normal BF2, but I get disconnected every game in SF. This needs to be fixed now. It makes the game un-playable for me and most likely others. Good job DICE on fucking up an otherwise great game.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6751|Vienna, Austria

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

More now than ever before!

I wish EA would roll this game back to its orignial form (no patches) and start over!
+1 on that... or just go back to 1.1... I never had any problems there...
maddogjj
+3|6824|U S A
I get some disconnects but what i have noticed is it takes FOREVER  now to log in to account server, its worse that when I only had 512mb of memory.  I now of course have 2 gigs and have had for some time.  THIS SUCKS .
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6573|Nottingham, UK
It's almost like EA/Dice gave their netcode to Imelda Marcos and replaced it with a gif of her shoe collection.

Yes, that random statement is a hint that I've given up playing BF2 till I don't spend 10 minutes trying to find a server with decen ping, only to be disconnected randomly.

Still, I had 2 stacks of Datawrite Yellows, a 2meg connection, and access to anime... it's almost like Fate.. Stay Night. (lame joke! don't -1 me for it, please!)
master_blaster_josh
+67|6573|nl- utecht
I Hate Ea
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6599|Parainen, Finland
I´m having these problems:

1. When i try to select a server it  switches place so it´s hard to get it selected, then when i finally get it, it gives no info of the players on the server.

2.Most of the servers are telling me that my ping is high, about 150 but still the game runs nice without any lag??
Thees servers show 15-30 in the server list but when i´m connected it says 100-200...???

3. Today a new problem came up..Yippee... Always the first round is a nice shootout, but when the second round begins it takes about 20 sec and then this lovely message shows up: There is a problem with your connection... (Why you little..!!!!!)

OK..calm down...It´s just a game....but anyhow,  in clean English: It pisses me off!!!!! I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!!!
tupla_s
+455|6585|Finland

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

I´m having these problems:

1. When i try to select a server it  switches place so it´s hard to get it selected, then when i finally get it, it gives no info of the players on the server.

2.Most of the servers are telling me that my ping is high, about 150 but still the game runs nice without any lag??
Thees servers show 15-30 in the server list but when i´m connected it says 100-200...???

3. Today a new problem came up..Yippee... Always the first round is a nice shootout, but when the second round begins it takes about 20 sec and then this lovely message shows up: There is a problem with your connection... (Why you little..!!!!!)

OK..calm down...It´s just a game....but anyhow,  in clean English: It pisses me off!!!!! I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!!!
The problem is in gamespy's communication

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=26022

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_052506

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-05-26 04:00:37)

Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6617|Ghost Town

InviSniper wrote:

I get disconnected nearly every game on normal BF2, but I get disconnected every game in SF. This needs to be fixed now. It makes the game un-playable for me and most likely others. Good job DICE on fucking up an otherwise great game.
...exactly the same for me. It's useless to play the game at the moment. Got a ping of 30-40 and the game lags as hell. Or I get disconnected almost every game or the whole server crashes. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
morphman001
+9|6554|Melbourne
Yes,very frequent now......its getting me to the point of trashing this game,3 really goood scoring games yesterday all did the same thing...not to mention multiple other servers!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard