dont_be_ss
+312|6749|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
this is becoming a bit of a graphics card discussion.
ICExMikey
+1|6703

sharpshot19 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
He has pretty much the best video card you can buy right now, lol. What kind of card you got, I'll tell ya if you can run it.
yup thats the same one im getting...$470 bucks!!....a huge overdue update for me....right now im funnin a geforce fx 5500....everything on low:( but i havent done all that bad with it!!
I'm getting a evga 7800 superclocked from tigerdirect for $320. Might go that route if you have AGP. Fastest clock speed for a geforce. Im running a 5600 now myself and hurtin.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6851|minnesota
i know what ya mean about the hurting part! but to get back on topic a little......i think my max view distance is like between 300 & 400m in scope...then they either disappear or there is a little shadow outline of them about to disappear....thats about to be fixed after i upgrade everything!!
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6792|Wigan. Manchester. England.
hey guys im buying 2gb of ram tomorow. DDR2 it is. pc4200...

i dont really know much about whats best but i have a crappy graphics card, geforce fx 5200 128mb.

with having the 2gb will i be able to put my settings on high or will i have to upgrade my graphics card too?

i dont want to spend alot of money (less that £100) on one but something that will let me have my settings on high so i can snipe better and so on...

Guys??
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6851|minnesota

scottomus0 wrote:

i dont really know much about whats best but i have a crappy graphics card, geforce fx 5200 128mb.

with having the 2gb will i be able to put my settings on high or will i have to upgrade my graphics card too?

i dont want to spend alot of money (less that £100) on one but something that will let me have my settings on high so i can snipe better and so on...

Guys??
um no 2gb of ram will not let you put your settings on high....
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine

dont_be_ss wrote:

this is becoming a bit of a graphics card discussion.
Indeed...sorry if I started us on that path.
vqsnapp
+5|6814
256mb Asus 6800GT with 3 gigs of Ram lol mmmmm

I play with 2x AA just to get rid of the jaggedness, high geometry and 100% view distance. I am gonna give M1's settings a whirl now though.

Last edited by vqsnapp (2006-05-25 16:48:28)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6792|Wigan. Manchester. England.

sharpshot19 wrote:

scottomus0 wrote:

Guys??
um no 2gb of ram will not let you put your settings on high....
so its a better graphics card i need ??
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6723

M1-Lightning wrote:

Lighting (LOW) Gets rid of building shadows so enemy troops can't hide from you anymore
Dynamic Shadows (HIGH) Almost like seeing through walls and floors except you can't tell friend from foe since it's only a sillhoutte (watch your minimap).
Very good Settings M1-Lightning, you see more and it's a lot easier to rack up kills. I use the same settings. But tonight i noticed something regarding these two settings. If i set my Lightning to Low, i cannot use Dynamic Shadows anymore. When i'm going to set Lightning to Medium i can enable Dynamic Shadows again.

Did anyone else noticed this since Patch 1.3?

Last edited by fierce (2006-05-25 17:37:12)

A7ESf
+1|6774|Houston, TX
My card suxors!!   

Nvidia 5950   
All settings on low or medium and I still get shaky graphics if too many people are fightign too close.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6749|Las Vegas, NV USA

A7ESf wrote:

My card suxors!!   

Nvidia 5950   
All settings on low or medium and I still get shaky graphics if too many people are fightign too close.
LOL!  Shame ain't it?  I bought that card about 2 or 3 years back, and it was top of the line at about a $500 price tag!  Worked great for Desert Combat and BF1942, but BF2 changed all that.

Anyways, when I first bought BF2 with that card, there wasn't any "support info" for it at the time, and the game didn't know how to set it for max benefit.  Needless to say, it was set pretty high at first, and I didn't notice a difference in performance until when a later game patch changed the settings.  The biggest thing I noticed was the shadows hiding soldiers were gone, and it was easier to kill them.  Other than that, I changed a few setting to higher settings, with little noticeable performance difference.  So, I'm actually kinda surprised that you're getting shaky graphics.  Maybe it's other contributing factors, like processor speed, RAM, and connection speed/quality?
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6823|Sydney, Australia

buttered noodle wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

Alot of people in my posts say i can see much further than them so i'm gunna tell you guys what settings i run the game on.After playing around with all of the graphics settings i have found a combination which enables you to see upto around 500m, i can now see people that are on the edge of the carrier! You need a pretty high end graphics card though. My settings are as follows:

display mode:1280x1024@60hz

terrain:high

effects:low

geometry:high

texture:high

lighting:high

dynamic shadows:off

dynamic light:high

aa:off

texture filtering:high

view scale:100%

This is what works best with my card, i might not have everything spot on, u guys have a fiddle and gimme some feedback!
forgive my stupidity but what file do you cahnge to get your resolution to 1280 * 1024, b/c at least under settign for me im capped at 1024*768
Um, maybe because your monitor doesn't support it?
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6806|The Netherlands

dont_be_ss wrote:

Alot of people in my posts say i can see much further than them so i'm gunna tell you guys what settings i run the game on.After playing around with all of the graphics settings i have found a combination which enables you to see upto around 500m, i can now see people that are on the edge of the carrier! You need a pretty high end graphics card though. My settings are as follows:

This is what works best with my card, i might not have everything spot on, u guys have a fiddle and gimme some feedback!
wow i can nearly play everthing on low
bennisboy
+829|6801|Poundland

dont_be_ss wrote:

why AA off with such a good card, I'm running everything on high with an ATi X600 256mb and not gettin any problems. Oh yeah it is so fun to have sound quality on extreme n turn my sub-woofer to max, the whole room shakes when there's artillery or explosions
MrE`158
+103|6778
I'm using  GeForce 6800 256mb card (not sure which exact model), on a P4 3.0Ghz machine with 1Gb of RAM.

I keep all my settings on high, and it runs perfectly for me (not sure of my FPS, but the only time I get any lag problems it's due to high ping).

In terms of view distance, I can see the carrier from Wake through a scope, making out the outline of the superstructure (like the screenies posted earlier in the thread), but I don't think that's good enough to really snipe with, since it's nearly impossible to pick out individual people.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6863|NL
You really need effects at medium or higher.

Else you wont see the "smoke-tail" of a grenade launcher.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6851|minnesota

A7ESf wrote:

i know what you mean!!!! except none of my settings are on med....all low
YourDoomed4
+2|6701
yeah
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6777|Gold coast, Aus.
With all these computer tech people around, what should I be able to run BF2 on with a 6800 GS with 1 GB of ram and a AMD 64 2.0GHZ processor? I tryed hgh but it crashed but I'm not sure if it was coz of the dodgy patch crashing all the time. I currently run on medium no AA and reasonably smooth (little bit of lag on SF)
buttered noodle
+16|6801|ohio
crashing is more than likey one of the shitty patches, the GS is tuned down fro mthe 6800 norm i take it so you should be able to run everything at max cept dynam shadows/lighting and turn off AntiAliasing, i play with everything mazed out with the exception of lighting on med and AA off, i ahve a 6800 normal, 2 gigs, 3.4 P4
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6777|Gold coast, Aus.
Ok thanks. And I take it 2GB's of ram would make it smoother too. Its on my to-do list lol
buttered noodle
+16|6801|ohio

gene_pool wrote:

Ok thanks. And I take it 2GB's of ram would make it smoother too. Its on my to-do list lol
only for minimizing bf2(aim messages)/load time between rounds

Last edited by buttered noodle (2006-05-26 21:41:14)

sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6851|minnesota

YourDoomed4 wrote:

yeah
a little off topic but
WOW i just saw your sig.....DAMN you get +1 for that!!
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine

buttered noodle wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Uh..no.. going from 1GB to 2GB in BF2 makes a huuge difference.
buttered noodle
+16|6801|ohio

CrazeD wrote:

buttered noodle wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Uh..no.. going from 1GB to 2GB in BF2 makes a huuge difference.
getting into the round faster is all i noticed next to minimizing(not closing) bf2 un about 3secs vs 3 min (2 vs 1 gig)

Last edited by buttered noodle (2006-05-26 21:57:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard