VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6861|Antarctica

dont_be_ss wrote:

Alot of people in my posts say i can see much further than them so i'm gunna tell you guys what settings i run the game on.After playing around with all of the graphics settings i have found a combination which enables you to see upto around 500m, i can now see people that are on the edge of the carrier! You need a pretty high end graphics card though. My settings are as follows:

display mode:1280x1024@60hz

terrain:high

effects:low

geometry:high

texture:high

lighting:high

dynamic shadows:off

dynamic light:high

aa:off

texture filtering:high

view scale:100%

This is what works best with my card, i might not have everything spot on, u guys have a fiddle and gimme some feedback!
few questions on those settings:
Why high terrain?  Can u see peeps easier?
Texture filtering, does medium to high really do anything?  I can't tell a diff
How much of a difference does res make?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6776|London, England
High terrain would probably make it harder. Say if you have high geometry and low terrain. Than you will have high detailed people/cars/boats/whatever on a low detail background. Which makes them easier to spot. Looks crap but if you have a low-end system (like me) then you might aswell set each setting to give you an advantage..if i had a good system i'd just crank it all to max.
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine
I can see infantry pretty far (400 - 450m on Wake) but I can't see them at those distances if they get in a vehicle (stinger, car, whatever) what should I change? It's really gay..
C.Schaffer
+19|6753|Sweden
hahaha okej:)
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6894|Pakistan/England

CrazeD wrote:

I can see infantry pretty far (400 - 450m on Wake) but I can't see them at those distances if they get in a vehicle (stinger, car, whatever) what should I change? It's really gay..
lol i have the same issue. no idea how to fix it tho (i doubt there is any way).
ssonrats
+221|6800
tahadar is your PTG red?Mine is, has it been patched to 1.22 again or summat?
CrazeD
+368|6828|Maine

tahadar wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

lol i have the same issue. no idea how to fix it tho (i doubt there is any way).
Well no cause my friend can see the stinger near North Base from Arty Island on Wake, but I can't. So there has to be a setting that changes that.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6866

Manxman wrote:

i have 2  7800 gtx sli with everthing on high and 4x aa  sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
I have a ATi x800 Pro VIVO modded to a X850 XT PE with my clock speeds at 575MHz core and 1.24Ghz memory i unlocked the extra pixel pipelines and i run solid at 85 FPS with 6x AA and super high 16x AF on 32player maps only, when i run 64 player maps i get around 20-30FPS and when i FRAPS woah dont go there reduces me to 5FPS so i have to lower the settings a bit.

But yeah why on earth run SLi? or crossfire it does not give a mjor boost in frame rates and its not properly supported yet... plus i would have got the 7900GTX OC so i can game in HD

EDIT:  Forgot to mention that probably the only reason i got such high frame rates is because i have 2GB of 533MHz DDR2 RAM and a 3.9GHz OC P4 and a rapter HDD

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-05-25 12:02:26)

dont_be_ss
+312|6749|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

Alot of people in my posts say i can see much further than them so i'm gunna tell you guys what settings i run the game on.After playing around with all of the graphics settings i have found a combination which enables you to see upto around 500m, i can now see people that are on the edge of the carrier! You need a pretty high end graphics card though. My settings are as follows:

display mode:1280x1024@60hz

terrain:high

effects:low

geometry:high

texture:high

lighting:high

dynamic shadows:off

dynamic light:high

aa:off

texture filtering:high

view scale:100%

This is what works best with my card, i might not have everything spot on, u guys have a fiddle and gimme some feedback!
few questions on those settings:
Why high terrain?  Can u see peeps easier?
Texture filtering, does medium to high really do anything?  I can't tell a diff
How much of a difference does res make?
i choose high terrain because it would look out of place to have high texture without high terrain, res makes alot of difference, the infantry are more blurred with lower res so are harder to pick out, well on my card anyway. Dunno about texture filtering though the difference between low and high is quite big but not med-high, i find that the better the graphics are the easier it is to pick out the infantry i recently hit someone at 517m! though i did not kill, i could still see him.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6894|Pakistan/England

ssonrats wrote:

tahadar is your PTG red?Mine is, has it been patched to 1.22 again or summat?
i played about 2 hours ago and it was fine (server was in green color). but the funny thing is, i have PTG in my favs list and there are 2 PTGs there, the same city maps number 1 server, with one in red and the other in green . its wierd.

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … y_-_1.html

the above link tracks whats going on in the server. since its got people in it and it was last updated 8 mins ago it should be fine.

Try the 'connect to IP' option. PTGs IP is 85.236.101.45:16667

hope it works!

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-25 12:28:31)

M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6886|Peoria, Illinois

ssonrats wrote:

My vid card stinks(6800gs), my choices:
low
low
low
low....

I might aswell plug in a block of cheese in the AGP port.
I have the same card. I used to have to play on low too. I installed 2 Gigs of RAM and it boosted my card. Now I play on high settings.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6851|NJ
I have an ATI x600 128mb where should I put my settings?
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

CrazeD wrote:

Geometry effects vehicles at a distance.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I have an ATI x600 128mb where should I put my settings?
Keep terrain and lighting on LOW. Anti-Aliasing is just to make stuff pretty so keep it off. Put everything else on medium and test how your perfomance is. Lower each one down to LOW one at a time as needed for performance.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6851|NJ
hmmm I actually run everything at medium right now and it's not too bad I just can't go into the palace(warlord) or play night maps.
LockerFish
+47|6861
so this seems to be a good enough place, what settings should a ATI 9550 256mb card run? right now I'm on all low and if I can boost it up that would be great
Sexy in Garden
+11|6738
I have ownage grahpcsic raydon x300

I put like one setting to medium and my FPS went down to like <25 :S

Last edited by Sexy in Garden (2006-05-25 12:58:41)

d3x74
+14|6802|NY
Lol, this is wierd. BF2 plays smoother at all medium and no AA running @ 1024x then it did at all low settings on my laptop.

And yes it is true, I can see a lot further now with the sniper rifle. Basically the geometry does it.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

LockerFish wrote:

so this seems to be a good enough place, what settings should a ATI 9550 256mb card run? right now I'm on all low and if I can boost it up that would be great
You really need to test that yourself. A 256MB card is only as good as the amount and speed of RAM you have. If you can't run everything on high but want to, add more faster RAM. I have 2.5 GB @ 533Mhz DDR2 RAM and can run everyhting on high settings with a basic 256MB video card.

If your system can handle it, the best overall settings are:

Terrain (LOW) Gets rid of bushes snipers hide behind as well as the grass that's in your face when you go prone.
Effects (HIGH) For realism only but helps in awareness of gunfire on your position i.e. bullet holes
Geometry (HIGH) Vehicles show up at a distance sooner
Texture (HIGH) Sharpens the picture to help distinguish troops from terrain, gets rid of the blur
Lighting (LOW) Gets rid of building shadows so enemy troops can't hide from you anymore
Dynamic Shadows (HIGH) Almost like seeing through walls and floors except you can't tell friend from foe since it's only a sillhoutte (watch your minimap).
Dynamic Light (HIGH) You can catch a sniper's muzzle flash better and see bullets coming from a jeep from far away while in the chopper
Antialiasing (4X) Realism only but helps to sharpen the image to get rid of the blur
Texture Filtering (HIGH) Realism only but helps to sharpen the image to get rid of the blur
View Distance Scale (100%)
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6851|minnesota

CrazeD wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

mine is a ati x1900xtx 512mb
i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
He has pretty much the best video card you can buy right now, lol. What kind of card you got, I'll tell ya if you can run it.
yup thats the same one im getting...$470 bucks!!....a huge overdue update for me....right now im funnin a geforce fx 5500....everything on low:( but i havent done all that bad with it!!

Last edited by sharpshot19 (2006-05-25 13:16:24)

dont_be_ss
+312|6749|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
you get it cushie in america it cost me £400 which is about 750 us dollars!
Brasso
+1,549|6785

CrazeD wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

mine is a ati x1900xtx 512mb
i dont think my cheep ass 256Mb counts then...
He has pretty much the best video card you can buy right now, lol. What kind of card you got, I'll tell ya if you can run it.
6800 w/ 128 mem?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6851|minnesota

dont_be_ss wrote:

you get it cushie in america it cost me £400 which is about 750 us dollars!
damn!! did you order it online....thats what i did (am doing)....throwin a hell of a pc together for around 1600 by ordering everything  online

Last edited by sharpshot19 (2006-05-25 13:19:29)

eldiablo10
+2|6790|New Jersey
I got a nVidia 6800GT Vid card 258 MB

Is that good??
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

eldiablo10 wrote:

I got a nVidia 6800GT Vid card 258 MB

Is that good??
Yes, but get 2 GB of RAM to be able to fully use it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard