Do you like it or not?

Yes46%46% - 46
No53%53% - 53
Total: 99
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6633|Westminster, California
Okay,
     I see that some of you people are taking this WWWAAAYYYYYY too seriously based on the venom generated by my earlier lite hearted poll on 1.3.
     I was trying to provide the users with a venue where the pro-1.3/Dice/EA crowd could praise the patch AND chime in with a gentle bitch slap to the EA/Dice/1,3 haters out there that will NEVER be happy. I also wanted a annonymous poll where the people complaining about the patch ( who's real issue is usually that whatever exploit/cheat/lameness  to unfairly increase their score they were using got bagged in the new patch ) could voice their opinion and underlying motivation for the complaint.
     And yes, my stats are rather pathetic. Go ahead, call me what you will. But the truth is I play Karkand the most because it's the best map and there is no line of jerkoffs waiting to kill each other for air assets, and speaking of air assets; I like it best when there are none.
     Please ladies...lets try and keep this debate clean and civilized.
     I like the patch and give EA a subtle nod for effort.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640
eh
Trel
+70|6673
Not being able to join a squad while dead is total bullshit.
Good to be back.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6668|Colorado
I like it so far but I have only logged like 2 hours since the new patch, I need atleast a full week of play before coming to a conclusion on it.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6688|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
I love the drag racing on the carrier while waiting for people to join a server.
Trel
+70|6673
Whoever just gave me -1 and the reason being "pottymouth" ... you're my fucking hero.

-1 me, please, for I have a pottymouth!

To be honest, I really don't mind the patch.  I just hate the fact that I can't join a squad while dead.
Good to be back.
uber73
+188|6748|Brisbane

yerded wrote:

Oh God this is so funny!
In my first poll the same  question was asked, in a more blatant way; do you like the patch? Yes; stop crying, No its harder to stat pad.

Three responses into the thread and I was getting negative karma and some clown went so far as to say he was embarrassed to live in the same town as me . Well, careful reading of my first post shows I'm STILL bashing the cry babies. Only nobody seems to have noticed. Yuk Yuk.
     The people who instantly and reactively dole out negative karma are EXACTLY the sort who punish for a accidental TK. Even funnier when they don't realize they've been verbally bitch slapped.
u might have been getting negative karma becasue your poll was biased...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

Trel wrote:

Why....? If you joined a decent squad in the first place, you wouldn't need to switch squads all the time - and that's an exploit in the first place. And anyway, you have to wait another 10 seconds before you can join. You can do that, right?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Trel
+70|6673
Ok. I'm in a decent 6-man squad. I'm squad leader. Fire-fight.  I die.  I can't leave and rejoin and respawn with my squad.  Now, I'm split off from them, I have to respawn at who knows where, and the rest of my squad is off doing squadly stuff.  I have to leave squad so someone else can become leader, incase one of them die.  Sure, I can rejoin, but that doesnt help the fact my squad is nowhere near me.  And I would be pissed if they waited for however long for me to get back to them, instead of trying to cap a flag or something.

It wasn't something that needed to be fixed, and encouraged squad play.

Last edited by Trel (2006-05-24 23:35:12)

Good to be back.
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6633|Westminster, California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

"Why does Haji have a garage door opener?  He doesnt even have a garage."

Dude! I figured this question out!

Its a fucking detonater! Haji's got a bomb...RUN!!!!
Dilligas
+6|6778

Spark wrote:

Trel wrote:

Why....? If you joined a decent squad in the first place, you wouldn't need to switch squads all the time - and that's an exploit in the first place. And anyway, you have to wait another 10 seconds before you can join. You can do that, right?
I bet your the same type of lady that likes to have a box of tissue around when others start playing, having fun in the other teams back base just fucking things up?  If we all wanted to play Americas Army, we would go download it. This is a light fun game, not a bunch of realists.  Part of the fun of squad hopping is just to enjoy the play.  That and when your on a lame ass team, sometimes that is the only way to get anything going!
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6668|The Real World

I've voted no for 2 reasons.

1. Fix the server browser when ordered by ping.
2. Why cant I create or join a squad when waiting to spawn. I am not squad hopping I just do not want to do it open fire.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6782|Bulgaria
I hate it!!
EA made the awards way t0000 easy to get!!
In the first day of play after the new patch, I got these:
2 medals
2 veteran badges
1 expert badge

wtf?! EA and DICE - I WILL NOT but the next BF, you can be sure!!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
DICE fixed a few things and changed vital gameplay dynamics, instead of simply fixing every problem and leaving it at that
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SamuraiDogg
+2|6613|Germany | Nationality Turkish
The patch is a joke in my opinion, no extra game content just fixes. If they give us
at least only one extra map I would be lucky. I know its a patch but a good level designer
could make a map in one week. And this would give dice extra prestige for 2142.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6580|Finland
I am waiting for 1.31, 1.32, and hopefully 1.33 fixes the rest of the problems.
Inhis
+-1|6599

Spark wrote:

Trel wrote:

Sparks statement is ½true. Think about if this had been on the first release version. We would have thought that "wow how great, I can spawn on my squad leader" and everybody would had been happy. There is a point to this. Squad leaders progress marks the squads progress. When Squad leader dies, the squad starts anew and start moving again from a different flag. Squad hopping was a exploit because if it wasnt, then it should be possible to spawn to any squad member and there would be no point in squad leader.

BUT

They did totally wrong to add this later on. Every working voice communicating squad uses this "exploit" nobody cared about it, its not a harmful exploit that ruins gameplay. Now when every working squad was used to using it and it is taken away, its just extremely annoying. There is no-one who is really happy about it but a lot of people who are really annoyed. I wonder how clan community is going to "adapt".

yerded wrote:

EA/Dice/1,3 haters out there that will NEVER be happy
Saying this is the same as saying "Im happy now, and you are not so you must be wrong and you wont ever be happy not matter what they change, so I just ignore your pathetic opinions because they are just WRONG" Instead of discussing about different points of views; this statement is used to totally ignore other persons point of view no matter how good or bad it would be.

I was happy with release version only problem was bugs. Only few are "never happy" meaning they are happy only if they get a TRUE unfair advantage over others. There is a compromise that most can accept but EA/DIce completely ignores its customers opinions. I wonder why some hate them. A petition of 11k people against the squad hopping "fix" and they still do it. Even if the game was good when it was released it still can be ruined afterwards. Its really frightening. Happened before in Counter Strike but not as bad as this. I really thought that it couldnt get worse after 1.2 but it did. It really did.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6698|New York

Trel wrote:

If the game were made more real, you wouldnt even be able to respawn LOl deal with it LOL. I think squad hopping made the game bullshit, especially when servers had it set up for the folks who wernt there friends either couldnt join the baseraping team or elite team, and the loseing team always got owned. Then to top it off if you switched to the winning team, some asshole admin put you back on the loseing side so they could rape you somemore.

I like the patch, but think the vehicle drop is kind of lame. Thats my only gripe.
Linus
+53|6649

yerded wrote:

Okay,
     I see that some of you people are taking this WWWAAAYYYYYY too seriously based on the venom generated by my earlier lite hearted poll on 1.3.
     I was trying to provide the users with a venue where the pro-1.3/Dice/EA crowd could praise the patch AND chime in with a gentle bitch slap to the EA/Dice/1,3 haters out there that will NEVER be happy. I also wanted a annonymous poll where the people complaining about the patch ( who's real issue is usually that whatever exploit/cheat/lameness  to unfairly increase their score they were using got bagged in the new patch ) could voice their opinion and underlying motivation for the complaint.
     And yes, my stats are rather pathetic. Go ahead, call me what you will. But the truth is I play Karkand the most because it's the best map and there is no line of jerkoffs waiting to kill each other for air assets, and speaking of air assets; I like it best when there are none.
     Please ladies...lets try and keep this debate clean and civilized.
     I like the patch and give EA a subtle nod for effort.
Do I like it ??

Lets be honest folks, it f'ed up the server browser...even worse than it was before... and thats
saying A LOT... the worlds worst online server browser for a game just got even worse..   

Forget all the irrelavant changes the car drops and rank requirement changes.. EA just issued a
patch that not only will require another patch, but added things to the game that no-body asked for,
and frankly nobody cared about..

They have no clue what they are doing over there... its obvious..

When they fix REAL problems (server browser = total junk..) then they go on with adding NEW
features to the game.. but until then, fix the old problems EA..   idiots.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6581|Seattle
i wish ea read/cared about these forums. there are always so many good ideas, but like these guys point out, ea just does whatever it wants with seemingly little input.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6715|Melbourne, Australia
worst patch ever ... makes 1.2 look like B00BIES! :d
CrazeD
+368|6669|Maine

yerded wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

"Why does Haji have a garage door opener?  He doesnt even have a garage."

Dude! I figured this question out!

Its a fucking detonater! Haji's got a bomb...RUN!!!!
WTF! ...

lmao
dury001
+0|6543
haven't played it enough...

but I have to say that all the dropping vehicles is a tad bit distracting to say the least...

let's pick Karakand... at the beginning of every round MEC will try to get a sniper or two on the tower next to the Square... and when USMC takes the square usually someone will make the climb as well...

the idea of dropping a vehicle on them every chance a comm gets to drop a vehicle is bogus... and lets face it, if you can you will... it is a convenient way of getting rid of an annoying distraction...

dropping vehicles is a "nice" idea in theory... but it has NOT been well done in practice.

squad hopping and spawning on leaders was not something I never really did that much anyway, so its loss doesn't matter to me... personally I always rathered spawning at a spawn point and move from there... when everyone spawns off a leader flags go undefended...

awards... another thing I could care less about... kinda nifty idea for a game, but I never had a trophy mentality... frankly never cared about rank either, except for getting command... for me it was more important to get weapons unlocks... the rest was fluff...

never used the browser opting for TASE instead, so I never had the problems others seem to have.

so, to me, the patch changes are insignificant and overall is good if and only if it fixes some bugs... which I guess will be a wait and see game...
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6591|Ohio, USA
thanks for the 10th poll on the subject!
lWar Pigl
+4|6620|South Coast, Massachusetts
I don't like the new patch!  I'm experiencing the same problems with sorting the server list by ping.  Also, most of the time, I do not see player names in the window below the server list screen.  I also think that a vehicle drop is a bad idea and is not necessary for this game. I definately will not buy BF 2142.  EA/Dice dropped the ball on this one!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard