superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6805

I could swear that others have been taking me out with headshots with alarming frequency lately.  And I don't mean with m24 or m95s.  I mean when you sneak up on a guy and start to shoot at him, and he turns around fires and you go down immediately.  The past week been happening quite a bit and sometimes at pretty long range.   I hope that it is because I suck and not because people are finding a way to cheat... 

Am I imagining this?
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6820|Eastern PA
No, you're not - I've specifically made a point of tracking down some of these non-sniper "one-shot killers" and whacking them for their kits (to see what they're using).

While I'd expect maybe the G3 would do that, I've been taken down by a Medic with the L85, a Spec-Ops with the G36c, and an Engy with the M9 (9mm Beretta) pistol - all of whom I was observing head-on and prone as they set-up and took the shot; and all of whom were at least 50 to 75 meters distant.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6861
AIM bots anyone?  Guess it took a little longer than normal for the CheaterStrike people to show up.
Michael4970
+0|6795
I have seen a lot of this lately.  Last week I joined a squad in Mashtuur.  My three other squad member were at the gas station on the hill side shooting players near the Mosque with pistols. I could hear them laughing about how easy it was. The was the first time I knew for certain that someone was using aim bots.  I watched them for awhile then quit. It was no fun to play with them.

I joined a server the other night and was doing well until I was switched to the other team.  Then I started losing badly. The same five players all had impressive kill counts.  All clan members on their own server.  At first I chalked it up to the fact that I really suck sometimes. Most of the time really.  But when one of these guys was bunny hopping on the other side of  the river in Karkland and shot my entire squad dead in a few seconds I knew something was up.  I was getting shot by guys who were barely in UVA range?? in Karkland??

Anyways, here is the ironic part.  Everyone started to leave. Within an hour or two they drove everyone off of the server until there weren’t enough players to start a new round.  I would have quit sooner but I was the commander on our side.  I'm sure they were having fun but no one else was.  Eventually they had no one left to play the game with.

So if you think someone on is cheating then its best to find a different server.  Like poker, you gotta know when to walk away.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6811|Barrie Ontario
If you have Solid proof that someone is you should sned an Email to EA and Tell them about it.
thinner44
+1|6833

Burning_Monkey wrote:

AIM bots anyone?  Guess it took a little longer than normal for the CheaterStrike people to show up.
I'm glad you said that.... aim bots are becoming a real problem on this game, problem is, PB are overwhelmed with all the recent cracks/hacks and multitools. The faster they shut one down, three or four spring up. To make matters worse, I read on another forum that there's only a 2 minute ban for those found to be using them.. I take it from that, that that's before they've had the chance of looking into their stats.

Not all headshots are cheats, and to those that play fairly and without hacks.... good on yer

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-10-13 08:28:55)

[=P:R:O=]sparten112
+0|6795
Yes, i already found out that the USMC sniper rifle does give head shots. I thought i didnt since the reviews said there were no headshots. But who gives, i love giving badd guys head shots
thinner44
+1|6833

ShellShock.PwN wrote:

If you have Solid proof that someone is you should sned an Email to EA and Tell them about it.
How on earth can we prove someone's using a hack... unless he stands in front of us and we pump him full 'o' lead for 5 mins and he doesn't go down... Nice idea though

I think if hacks are used, PB or EA detect an anomaly within the BF2 files (I think), and that's the only way they can tell if they're being used, otherwise, it's just down to us being killed, over and over and over and over (you get the message)
thinner44
+1|6833

[=P:R=]sparten112 wrote:

Yes, i already found out that the USMC sniper rifle does give head shots. I thought i didnt since the reviews said there were no headshots. But who gives, i love giving badd guys head shots
It certainly does, I've used the m95 and without doubt, head shots are real killas' ... much fun
The Soup Nazi
+18|6811|North Lauderdale, FL
this is why we need this:  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2516

having a spectator mode would allow users/admins to be able to see what other players are seeing.  from that perspective, they could detect wallhacks, aimbotting, etc.

apparently EA had enough confidence in Punkbuster to leave the spectator mode out.  unfortunately Punkbuster is crap and doesn't detect the majority of available hacks.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6865|Missoula, MT
Know when to hold em, know when to fold em... 
BudRell
+2|6861|Home

thinner44 wrote:

I think if hacks are used, PB or EA detect an anomaly within the BF2 files (I think)
having a spectator mode would allow users/admins to be able to see what other players are seeing.  from that perspective, they could detect wallhacks, aimbotting, etc.
That is not quite so...only some hacks are done so that client files are modified. And if someone is nailed from using those hacks (which are from the time of Napoleon wars..), he should be put in mental hospital for a closer examination.

And you do NOT see what client sees thru any cams or whatever. You DO NOT have client craphics in the view. Only client has them.

That is true that hacks are becoming more and more difficult to expose. Someones saying that screenshot will tell all. Others that demo gives the right view of what was happening. I would not bet on those arguments. If someone says, after evaluating the screenie or the demo, that he/she "was cheating for sure !" or opposite...
I would like to know on what experience ?
How can someone know what to look from screenies or demos if there is some NEW hack...unless...
Especially when you CAN NOT SEE anything extraordinary on screen with some hacks.

Usually when hacks that are in beta-state some players WILL see them randomly and not so often.
Only after a period of time, they will be exposed to more players.
From that point it does not take long when they are updated to PB too. IF THEY ARE...

There is no exact way to testify that he/she is using / not using some hack before the code is found.
Snapshots, demos, PB and whatever there might be, are only SUSPECTING...not telling absolute truth.
PB and some other software are giving quite accurate "suspections"and usually they are right, but...

This matter is very knotty indeed...

Last edited by BudRell (2005-10-13 12:11:47)

divided
Clear!
+3|6796
I was sprinting across a road on karkand with 2 bars of health missing and I got one-shotted by an L85 that I didn't see or hear.  Yeah..
fizz85
+1|6813|Voice of reason
You could look at accuracy percentages of specific players. I do not know the norm but 50%+ should probably raise some eyebrows.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6795|Atlanta, GA USA
From what I have been told, anti-cheat software looks for specific code being executed.  I'm not very clear on it, but I think it works like this: a particular hack will execute a specific bit of code each time the hack is used.  The anti-cheat software looks for the code.  I think this requires the software to be aware of the specific hack.  I don't  think it is heuristic (I think that is the word).
thinner44
+1|6833

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em... 
You have a good point there . Many times I do just that, knowing full well I've probably lost any points or awards (like I have loads ) ... know when to walk away, know when to run . .l .  It escapes me now, who sung that .. funny how some posts can make you start singing... thank god we don't have audio forums
thinner44
+1|6833
BudRell, too much to quote but I get the gist. I saw some beta hacks the other day (not on a server), there were red lines all over the map and every RED/enemy that was in close proximity was highlighted.... no matter where they were ... so no hiding place.

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-10-13 12:54:49)

thinner44
+1|6833

fizz85 wrote:

You could look at accuracy percentages of specific players. I do not know the norm but 50%+ should probably raise some eyebrows.
This made me laugh, in a good way I mean . Looking at my own stats, I think if I spray the whole map with buckshot, I might just hit something... would that improve my percentage

I get your point though, good one
Michael4970
+0|6795
I have a friend who works in the game industry for another company.  They have been spending a lot of time woking on solving their hack problems but it is kind of a losing battle.  Good hack writers use a morphing engine just like virus writers that make it much harder to detect. Everytime they play their hack code is slightly different.  It's just like the anti-virus industry, they can only stop what they know exists. Plus the hackers just reverse engineer the Punkbuster software and can see what it is looking for. I'm in the software industry myself and it is easily done. 
Sadly, EA knows that the people that spend a lot of time and effort hacking the game are also loyal customers.  They want lots of interest in the game and want to keep everyone happy enough to buy the next version.  The Punkbuster updates will tail off because they want to put the effort into newer games.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6805

oh, i guess i wasn't imagining it...how sad.  what's the fun if you cheat?  you ruin the fun for the others and what is left for you?  why not just take your hamster and beat it with a stick until it cries "daddy" if that's what it take for you to have a good time...

i can deal with whores, rapers, but not with cheaters...what gives?  what fun can you possibly get from using an aimbot?  does anybody really think that anybody give a rat's ass about their stats? that anybody will be impressed?  stats are for your own pleasure...to look at and say "nice job".  would sort of ruin the fun if they didn't mean anything.  this pisses me off cause it takes so damn long for the game to load and verify my data and then to not even have a chance!!! grrr!

in my opinion if punk buster catches you cheating they should disactivate your account for a week.  that would teach em!  right?!   mmm....probably not....
The Soup Nazi
+18|6811|North Lauderdale, FL

superfly_cox wrote:

in my opinion if punk buster catches you cheating they should disactivate your account for a week.  that would teach em!  right?!   mmm....probably not....
one week?  that's enough for you?  VAC2, (Valve Anti-Cheat 2 - Valve's answer to Punkbuster) for games like Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, permanently ban a user account (tied to their cd key) for any detected hacks while playing on servers running VAC2.  you can't play on another VAC2 enabled server ever again.  not one week, one month, one year later.  in fact caught hackers won't ever get to play on the majority of the available servers until they buy another copy of the game.

PB, on the other hand, only bans for two minutes for detected hacks.  now THAT'S crap.

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2005-10-13 15:03:14)

T1mbrW0lf
+2|6820|Eastern PA

BudRell wrote:

And you do NOT see what client sees thru any cams or whatever. You DO NOT have client craphics in the view. Only client has them.
And you don't need to see any altered graphics - All an Admin needs to see is the player making absurdly difficult "one shot kills" with weapons that are less than suitable for the task, or observe the apparent use of "mental telepathy" as a hacker locates hidden enemies without any "searching" . . . What the hackers hope for are inexperienced Admins, "friendly" Admins, or no Admins at all.

It's pretty apparent, when you're using the players own perspective, to determine whether a player is really skilled or using hacks by their weapon usage and playing style . . .

How can someone know what to look from screenies or demos if there is some NEW hack...unless...
Especially when you CAN NOT SEE anything extraordinary on screen with some hacks.
See above reply.

There is no exact way to testify that he/she is using / not using some hack before the code is found.
Snapshots, demos, PB and whatever there might be, are only SUSPECTING...not telling absolute truth.
This isn't a Court of Law, where the burden of proof is on the prosecution and guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Admins should kick / ban anyone suspected of using hacks for a week; and EA should ban the CD key for anyone caught by PB . . .
rizzo5850
+0|6801
I've looked at alot of players stats, not the ones that have killed me because i can never remember their
names LOL anyway looking at alot of people the K/D on most assalt and carbine weapons is negative.
Getting to the point, I also beleive there is an aimbot being used but I'm supprised I don't see more people
with higher K/D on these weapons. It seems like everytime I turn around someone is 600 yards away with
a saw bunny hopping and can kill me when I'm in prone with a sniper rifle.  It pisses me off to no end that
people are so worried about stats and being the man that they have to cheat.  It ruined CS, DC, Joint Ops,and will ruin BF2 if they don't get a handle on it.  When we used to play DC alot we couldn't wait for new patchs to come out not because of extra features but to get rid of the hacks for a week.  I hate that this is going to get like that but it will happen.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6857
I'm so glad I'm not alone.. So many times I've had my G36C or any weapon for that matter.. shot a guy 3 or 4 times.. he turns around and rolls to the ground and boom I'm dead. I get so pissed off becuase a lot of the time it's the L85A1 and it IS NOT that powerful... I know it's not. unless they get lucky HSs... but it's been happeneing too much to be luck.
LordNader
+0|6818|Jupiter, FL
Here's a crazy idea: there should be a clan independent of EA and PB dedicated to hunting down hackers/cheaters. It'd be easy: players submit usernames of suspected hackers and their MO, this clan investigates alleged hackers by joining the servers they're playing and observing/recording their activities (using FRAPS and screenshots). If any proof is found, then the clan can submit this info to EA/PB and get the hackers banned. If no proof is found, then the alleged hacker(s) are off the hook but can be on some sort of private (not public or else it'll turn into McCarthyism) "watch" list (meaning if another allegation is brought up, then it would be two strikes against the alleged hacker). The only problem is that there will probably be more false positives than hits, which would suck and be a waste of time...what do you think? Yeah, a crazy idea...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard