Black Vaine
+43|6612|K-Town, Sweden
Well, I got and nVidia GeForce 6200 Turbocache 256mb... For me, is a piece of sh*t. I can only play bf2 on a custom setting, some low, some medium, but i cant play ALL medium. If i play all low the game is ugly and lagfree. But its ugly! Should i invest in a new card? And is there any good drivers for it? Any new specified for this card? Downloaded one before but the terrain became white and stuff :S

EDIT :

My computer specs!

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
250GB HDD
1GB DDR RAM
DVD RW dual, double layer
Xp home edition
nVidia geforce 6200 Turbocahe 256mb ( Piece of s*it, can only play on Low...)

Sincerely , Dario

Last edited by Black Vaine (2006-05-24 11:29:52)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6761|AUS, Canberra
get a new card.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Beats the crap out of mine...
SuB
+50|6666
id advice the 6600 or 6800 series or above for decent gameplay with better graphics mate
possibly another half gig of ram too bf2 likes 1.5gb
if u want dual channel get 2gb
but yea i'd upgrade the 6200 is one of those "include it with everything" cards with fancy names on shit technology, eg, turbocache...
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6823
I have a 6600GT and 2gigs of ram and I run great(everything high)

Upgrade your videocard to ATLEAST a 6600GT and get another gig of ram.
ZkylonB
+36|6538
I got the 6200 256, meg runs fine for me.

I just searched my video card in search, so this could be a necropost!
mad scotsman
+177|6599|scotland
iv got an ATI radeon 9550 256mb, 1 gb ram , dual p4 processor and all i have is fuking problems with lag all the fuking time, pisses me right off,,,i need a new card and a gig af ram too i think,,not really a tech head so dont know if that cards any good
diglow~Flow
+32|6617|British Columbia, Canada
well i have ATi X1300 512MB AMD 4200+ Dual core with 2 gigs of ram and i have ultra low lag...
WormGuts
+17|6784|Dayton, Ohio
my ati radeon 9800 pro with 1gig of ram runs swinningly...on low settings...if i bump some of them up i think its my lack of the added .5 of ram that slows things up more than my video card.

my brother has a slightly weaker vid card and higher ram yet runs his gear at mid level he runs a little better than i do normally.

bottom line if you want a higher graphics game than grab the new vid card and some ram.  else grab some ram and just live with the softer graphics while you frag some suckas on higher $$ machines.

edit[i have made a few small adjustments to my video settings (nearly all are still low)...it was posted in a thread a while ago.  i followed the recommendated settings and they've been amazing...it's greatly helped my game play in the last 200 hours]

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-05-24 20:34:28)

Hyper
Banned
+154|6741

PBAsydney wrote:

Beats the crap out of mine...
my mom could beat the crap out of your card
i feel for you
on a difrent note
how the hell ya been syd
havnt seen u in a fookin long ass time
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6823

rdx-fx wrote:

plain 6600 isn't great either.  Not much better than the 6200, really.

6600 I have to play (everything low, except geometry and textures medium, and view distance 100%)
6600GT you can play 1/2 medium, 1/2 low/off settings.

I've heard from reliable friends, that the evga 7800GS AGP is quite good - if you're stuck with AGP.
Just make sure your power supply is up to spec.
You're wrong. I have a 6600GT and I run everything on High(4x AA).

Believe me folks... BF2 is a Memory HOG. It's not really all that stressing on video cards.
More RAM is almost always the answer for BF2... Unless your video card and processor suck.

Like I said, I run everything high with 4x AA on this:
Athlon 64 3200+ (stock speeds)
2gigs of ram
6600GT
80Gb WD SATA
[TPG]Skitz
+2|6641
naw, your vid card is old.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6646
I had the 6200tc 128 version on my old computer.Every setting had to be on low, and the resolution as well.I use to roll back the drivers so i could use coolbits and oc the sucker to get better frame rates.....I toasted it .....oh well.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6784|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Anyone have Problems with a GeForce 5900Ultra 128MB DDR on BF2.   I just got it used from a friend who is upgrading his card and got a good deal on it and wondering if anyone else has like lag issues when cranking the video setting up a notch or two.
DECEPTION_POINT
Banned
+17|6657|newcastle , N.S.W , Australia
whats a gig
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6646

PFCStenzel wrote:

Anyone have Problems with a GeForce 5900Ultra 128MB DDR on BF2.   I just got it used from a friend who is upgrading his card and got a good deal on it and wondering if anyone else has like lag issues when cranking the video setting up a notch or two.
PFC....mind if I ask about ur pc specs?
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...

-=AudigyXi=- wrote:

PFCStenzel wrote:

PFC....mind if I ask about ur pc specs?
P4 HT 3.2Ghz  Northwood  ungated!!!
1Gig of PC3200 DDR ram
120 Gig HD
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
Chaintech SPT800 Motherboard
550w powersupply
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6646
Pc  doesnt seem to be bottlenecking the card, so...the card is my answer.Although it was the top end of its series, im not sure how well it will mesh with newer parts.My guess a mix of low and medium settings are all that can be acheived.

What is ur desired settings, what settings have cuased the choppiness?
sheff1597
+5|6616
P4 2.4GHZ
768mb RAM
40GB HD
256mb 6200OC

I play on 800x600 with everything on medium, texture filtering on high, dynamic light on medium, no dynamic shadows, 100% view distance. I need to wait about 10 seconds when I first start playing so my RAM gets filled, but after that its ok. I guess I can put settings that high because of the low resolution, but it still looks alright.

My new gaming laptop (on the way) 512mb Geforce Go 7900GTX, 2gb DDR2 667MHZ, Core Duo 2ghz, 100gb HD, I shouldnt have any trouble with BF2 on that
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...

-=AudigyXi=- wrote:

Pc  doesnt seem to be bottlenecking the card, so...the card is my answer.Although it was the top end of its series, im not sure how well it will mesh with newer parts.My guess a mix of low and medium settings are all that can be acheived.

What is ur desired settings, what settings have cuased the choppiness?
At least medium so when I sit in the BH in BF2 I actually see the barrels instead of octagon shape of a gun.....LOL   

Everything is set to low and when I set it to medium everyonce inawhile I get a black screen and then it goes back to the game
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6646
Possible suggestions....bear with me, as I cant see ur screen

Ok try running the lowest  resolution 800x600

Turn off anti aliasing

turn off shadows and dynamic lighting, after that u should be able to turn some settings up to medium

....another tip I got off the boards is by turning off the  intro movies for the game.This can give a good performance boost as well which may help u to again, increase settings.

All u have to do is:

Step 1: Navigate to your Battlefield 2 folder (default: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2)

Step 2: Click on Mods then bf2 then Movies

Step 3: Right Click on each file and click Rename, then rename it to anything you want, as you can see below, I mainly just added "ky" to the extension. I reccomened that you dont rename the folder, as this can cause issues with punkbuster. I also suggest you keep welcome.bik intact, for the same reason.
BEFORE RENAMING:

If anything goes wrong, just revert back to the original file name, I hope that helps.
JimKong
+31|6632|Ohio
I have a 6600GT and 2GB of RAM and I run like shit most of the time. Video settings medium.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard