Poll

Should they nerf claymores?

Yes37%37% - 192
No I'm a filthy claywhore who cant get points with guns62%62% - 314
Total: 506
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL
well, i only use clays to guard my ass when i'm sniping, never for offense, and I never play IO, since it's just a nadefest now...

I think IO ruined BF2.
Fateless
+36|6212|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Claymores rock...dont wanna get killed by them? Simple, dont run over them. Keep the clay's..

Fateless
McCullough
+7|6808

Janus67 wrote:

I would only liked the radius of detonation changed to something where you actually have to step on it, not be 10 feet away.
Claymores are detonated with tripwires, that's why you detonate it when you pas in front of it.
PE
+2|6127
no, no, no, no way man!!!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

Play Battlefield Vietnam and you'll have the same thing, but with Bouncing Betties. Never really used much cause they were given to the scout class.

Fortunately all that the snipers had to cover their ass with were Caltrops.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
MeanMachine77
+25|6249

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

lets just make it so you cant kill anyone with anything.
.....will everyone be happy then.
... and we all will be happily ever after. Also the rounds will last longer. And you could explore this beautiful world without fear of getting hurt.
Jamesey
I HATE you
+26|6125|Scotland!
nerf nerf nerf.

I read the first 6 posts and saw my fill of stupidity, so I'll just vote yes and move on.

but making polls with biased vote options is pointless and just ruins your credibility before the argument has even started.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6315
I always wondered how I could be killed by a claymore while I was at 10 meters away from it.. a claymore kills (got you) you when you walk on it, not when you walk around at 5 meters or more away from it.... anyway, EA/Dice don't care that much. Get over it.
{RR}Broccoli
+0|6114
I always wondered how I could be killed by a claymore while I was at 10 meters away from it.. a claymore kills (got you) you when you walk on it, not when you walk around at 5 meters or more away from it.... anyway, EA/Dice don't care that much. Get over it.
Uhm.  No.  You have _no_ idea how claymores work at all.  Claymores are LETHAL up to 150 meters in front, and 30 meters in back IRL (depending on where it is placed).  They can be set up by trip wire, remote trigger (radio or wired), and infra-red (with proper add ons).

They are directional, but by about 120 degrees (much wider than in the game, which is something like 90 degrees).

I don't know what mine you are thinking of, but it sure isn't a claymore.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
I would like to see the Claymore kill-zone narrowed. The claymore will go off/kill you if you approach it from the side.
Smitty5613
+46|6496|Middle of nowhere, California
nerf em.... or make it take at least 10 seconds to set one up...

Last edited by Smitty5613 (2007-07-26 01:32:41)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Something needs to be fixed with the claymores, like in regards to their "vision" or something.

This past week I've been victim to many a claymore because it decides to blow up as I'm backing away! I'll see it, stop, then take a few steps backwards... and then it blows up on me! It's pissed me off to no end.

Though I do have to say don't fix the claymores until after I stop being lazy and decide to go for my expert explosives badge
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6203|Albion
issue the grapple hook in vanilla BF2 that way slick players will have a way to bypass them. as much as i hate dying from them snipers need something more than just a really really slowlt reloading gun.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

Vernedead wrote:

issue the grapple hook in vanilla BF2 that way slick players will have a way to bypass them. as much as i hate dying from them snipers need something more than just a really really slowlt reloading gun.
ya, you should be able to swing, spidey style, from the buildings...
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6247|Mo Val, Cali
Funny, the guy posting has died by claymore 23 times and killed 95 people with claymores.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

S.J.N.P.0717 wrote:

Funny, the guy posting has died by claymore 23 times and killed 95 people with claymores.
/wrong.
the death count next to a weapons describes how many times you died with that weapon equipped, not how many times you were killed by that weapon.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6237
Stop Playing Io And They Wont Bother You So Much
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

Stop Playing Io And They Wont Bother You So Much
CaPs LoCk FtL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard