No I'm a filthy claywhore who cant get points with guns62%62% - 314
Total: 506
zyphlus
+8|6758
no just make them tk again it was fun hitting punish
blindrider93
+2|6542

tip700 wrote:

Theres only two per sniper. You can remove then with wrench. You can detonate then with vehicles. You can just not step on them. Theres an ff option on the server, but it causes more controversy when its on. If you count how many times you get killed my claymores compared to grenades tanks or guns youll see they arent a problem at all.
thats bs they r a big problem especialy in knife and pistol servers but lets not get into that subject. but i think its not that great of a weapon to have for sniper its kind of gay and weak.
blindrider93
+2|6542

Jenkinsbball wrote:

The only thing I hate about Claymores is the fact that the detonation radius is too big. I swear to god, I was running up to a wall and I noticed a claymore about 10-15 feet (in game) away, and just as I saw it, BOOOM, I'm dead. I can understand them being proximity and all, but from my view, it is way too large.

If you took the distance between myself and the claymore, you could've fit a humvee into it. WTF is that all about?
yea i agree strongly
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6706|Central Valley,California
There fucking annoying, they are fucked, when I step BACK from them I blow up. Nerf it but still make it useful for snipers so there not knifed or something.
Hydroion
+67|6623|England
if you're stupid enough to walk straight into a visible claymore then you deserve to die, if your clever enough to hide your claymores in the right places (like me) and nab a few unsuspecting guys then you deserve your points.

i got expert explosives with claymores by putting them in places where people couldn't see them. i.e on karkand don't put them in the middle of the doorway but in-between the crate and the iron fence. people don't get killed when they approach, they think YAYZZ NO CLAYMORES HERE and run in with a bunch other peoples and BOOM kill kill kill kill kill. lovely pointses!

and btw, i have noticed that claymore ranges are huge now days. but i don't rely on their range.

Last edited by Hydroion (2006-06-01 08:50:44)

[PHPR]-SpecialOps
+18|6783|Your six is my twelve
my opinion is.. its complete bull shit that claymores can now magically tell friends from foes.  Also, throwing stuff in front of claymores should set them off.  At least make so that a grenade being detonated nearby will set it off.  In an infantry game, you could have 20 people spawn sniper, 9 of them spawn anti tank, and the last three spawn support, it'd be unbeatable, and i've seen it done before except in a 16 size server (whole clan was on one side).  I think they should make it that using claymores causes tks, and claymores should also be able to be detonated by nades, c4, throwing a stick in front of it, et cetera.  That way only people who have skill will get kills with claymores, as only those with skill deserve points and kills.
Buzerk1
+44|6837
To [PHPR]-SpecialOps : It was like that before (throwing a nade for example) and people were winning about the TK and blablabla.... there is not perfect solution.

One tip... play as a team, keep a medic in the back and send someone to trigger them and revive them, you won't get credited of the death and you will be able to progress.

If you play as a lonewolf all the time then, STFU and play the game and do what ever you can to win. I do. And yes I use claymore a lot, but I don't step into them.

If you play as a sniper just a little and you will be able to forsee where the claymores will be.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
IMHO, I think they are fine as they are. Reading through the posts, there appears to be a strong majority who either don't like claymores or don't like specific things about them. This is a road that will lead EA to action, again! I mean people, think seriously about this!

There were problems with the 203's and GP-30's, etc. and EA took action to "correct" the problem. So now we have rubberball 40mm grenade shells flying arround. Do we really want another part of the game altered so some people can stop whining? Personally, I use them for defensive purposes. It is a sniper's only chance up against someone with a higher rate of fire! If we complain and EA "nerf's" them, the game becomes unbalanced yet again!

Again, I think they are fine. There are specific strategies of avoiding them, many of which are before this very post! If you cannot handle the fact that it is an invaluable means of defense for a sniper, then you aught to be playing a different game. I'm sick of all the changes. Don't be the person who turns the tide and lets EA know its safe to screw with the game again.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
and some of you wonder why some people stick to aircraft and ground vehicles?  it's because ground combat is so fucking rediculous.   EA has effectively patched me into vehicles.  god forbid you walk through an alley without being blown up by some pussy sniper dropping his claymores without fear of friendly fire.  sorry, but a claymore shouldn't give a fuck who walks in front of it. how could it even tell?
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6572|England

Hydroion wrote:

if you're stupid enough to walk straight into a visible claymore then you deserve to die, if your clever enough to hide your claymores in the right places (like me) and nab a few unsuspecting guys then you deserve your points.

i got expert explosives with claymores by putting them in places where people couldn't see them. i.e on karkand don't put them in the middle of the doorway but in-between the crate and the iron fence. people don't get killed when they approach, they think YAYZZ NO CLAYMORES HERE and run in with a bunch other peoples and BOOM kill kill kill kill kill. lovely pointses!

and btw, i have noticed that claymore ranges are huge now days. but i don't rely on their range.
Scum. I like killing players like you. When i catch you, with claymore in hand, you bounce away like a little bunny rabbit and BANG BANG BANG DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE DIE DIE. You give real snipers a bad name.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
i wonder if ppl saying "avoid them" have ever played a round at warlord...

https://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4913/bf220060519170756608iq.th.jpg

yeah you're right, just avoid them...
schakl
+21|6690
I think claymores are ok, but they should detonate if something is thrown at them (a bullet for instance, lol), so that well hidden ones hit and the one which are just dropped to get easy points are destroyed by the enemy.
And the FF ? Well, in the time when claymore killed all, they were pretty useless. I often blocked one way with clays and let one free and guess which path my 'teammates' took and what they did afterwards ....

Last edited by schakl (2006-06-12 03:35:33)

wrangler
Banned
+7|6530
why not they nerf everything else
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6753
A lot of times people just run to a flag no looking around just blind.... Boom C4/ Claymore......
or you play as Sniper activly and a enemy soldier sees you and thinks ha easy target...... sniper runs around corner plants claymoe,, soldier runs around corner Boom.
I had a sorry guy like that Die 14 times in a round becouse he just wanted to get even en did not learn :-)
PRINCESS
the evil is pure
+23|6539|scotland
i do use claymores but only when i am on a roof of a building(i put them at the top of the ladder) cause there is nothing worse than having a beautiful shot and then get knifed in the back
mrboogman
You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here!
+13|6703|Germany
It's a server option. Play on servers with FF turned on.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6560

wrangler wrote:

why not they nerf everything else
I agree. Claymores only. That will solve all bitching
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
They nerfed everything else. PKM, Blackhawks so they might as well nerf this too.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6732|Peoria, Illinois

monkeyboy wrote:

Am I the only one left puzzled why the constant claymore abuse is still going on? Since 1.2 they've become the weapon of choice for many people and it ruins the gameplay in a lot of servers.

I think they seriously need nerfing somehow.

There's 2 good ways they could do this. They could leave the new no friendly fire thing alone, but make it so explosives can detonate the claymores.

They could remove the no friendly fire thing, but make it so the sniper doesn't get any TK's from claymores.

Of course, the second option is going to be open to abuse, with people using claymores on airstrips to TK for planes, so the first option of making them detonate with explosives is probably much better.
I'm no claymore whore but claymores are legit weapons. The only thing about it I would consider nerfing is the time it remains after the sniper dies. They should dissapear immediately.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-06-14 13:46:18)

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

lets just make it so you cant kill anyone with anything.
.....will everyone be happy then.
Yes, but I'm not everyone

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-06-14 13:47:13)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6807|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Is this thread still going?

https://www.columbia.edu/~ajc57/deargod_stop.jpg
www.I-Hate-the-Claymores.com
137twozerosniper
+57|6566|UK
if u dont like clays to 2 a server where FF is on or buy ur own server and have ur own rules just plz stop moaning
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

I like pie!
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6807|Orlando, FL - Age 43

De_Jappe wrote:

I like pie!
Here ya go...

https://www.vitalita.com/foodpicts/hazelnut-pie.jpg
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn
I know this is somewot off topic but I'd love it if they could bring back C4-tossing. There wos nothing better than tossing one over a wall and seeing the enemies flop in the air - kinda like dropping dynamite in the sea and watching the fish get blown up in the air. Fun times those were till noobs complained and the C4 got nerfed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard