Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
I have just installed the full version of patch 1.3... and here is what I have to say.

This is not as bad as everyone is crying and bitching about it being. 

1. Squad hopping.  Although squad hopping has been removed, now it takes actual strategy and skill in leading a squad.  Yes, of course you can still move in and assault flags as a squad leader.  But, you just have to think about what you're doing.  Some of you may not like to hear it, but there really is no reason to complain about squads now.  If anyone here has ever played a round of Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2 or a round of Defusal in Counter-Strike, you will have no trouble in adapting to the new squads.  As squad leader, your objective is to help your team, but with a new catch : you have to stay alive.  TRUST me when I say that it is not as hard as it sounds.

Plus, with the new squad tactics, you actually have to meet and learn to trust your squad members/leader.  If you're squad members aren't spawning on you when they should be, than kick them, simple as that.  Vice versa with the squad leader.  If he isn't doing his job and providing you with a safe spawn point, (at least sometimes) than simply leave the squad.  Now BF2 actually has that "Brothers in Arms" feel to it, you have to think before you act, and moving in tight formation with your squad (whether using vehicles or not) is always a good choice.

2. Air dropping vehicles.  Alright, it may be a little faulty, such as the retarded "NYC" accent the player has when requesting for one, and the fact that you can drop them anywhere on the map.  Sure, the fact that you can drop vehicles anywhere on the map really isn't well thought-out, but that is easily avoidable on clan servers with admins on.  If a commander is abusing the Vehicle drop, than you can kick/ban him, simple as that.  I just finished playing in a mature well-maintained clan run server, and I have yet to see someone abuse the Vehicle drop.  When you have a good Commander, like the one I just had, you will find the Vehicle drop to be helpful, in most situations.  On Wake Island I was flying a BH with our Commander, 2 players from another squad (including their squad leader), and one player from my squad.  I landed by the bridge to the west of the South Base, unloaded the troops, and bam, we instantly had 6-8 players spawned on the Island ready to go, along with a freshly air dropped FAV for transport.

If you find the right servers to play in, there is no reason to trust the hype about 1.3.  The minor things can and will be fixed, and IMO, if someone is complaining about the new squad system, they just don't know how to play as a team.  Although it could've been done better, I really do not think that 1.3 is as bad as everyone is saying it is.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-24 02:16:28)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Finally - a smart person!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
malarkeycoon
+16|6642|Cardiff
I don't mind the patch at all. It really didn't make a rats arse piece of difference to "the way I play" like most people seem to be complaining about. I actually found that with my shit computer some of the maps lagged less.
I love the vehicle drop feature, though I must admit I was mainly using it as a taxi service.

The only annoying thing that I find is when I am selecting a server to play on. I order my servers by ping so I get the lowest ping first. They have now changed something so that when I click on a server and the ping has changed slighly it now jumps to another part of the list meaning I can never join a server. I now have to order it in a different way. A bit of a pain but I will adapt.
calamity
+1|6645|Canada eh? where that weed at
it really doesn't sound all that bad, i tried it yesterday but the damn thing kept crashing once the map finally loaded, i just installed the full patch but haven't tried it yet, i was horribly against the new aa in 1.2 but i got used to it, and just as good avoiding it if not better before 1.2  I am always up for a change but i really wish the would get their shit together and fix the bugs already instead of worrying about "changes"  and just a quick question, do u really need 400 armor hours for the expert badge when u only need 100 for the medal and 150 for helo and plane?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

malarkeycoon wrote:

I actually found that with my shit computer some of the maps lagged less.

The only annoying thing that I find is when I am selecting a server to play on.
Yeah, same here.  I've been getting better higher performance, especially on Karkand.  Same with the server browser too... it's kind of F'ed up ATM for most people, I think.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6687|Hell's prison
Ive seen the vehicle drop being abused more than a few times already, commanders directly targeting the vehicle drop on people rather than using them to benefit their team.  Namely I was in a tank in a server covering a squad capping a point on Kark, I sat still looking around for anyone trying to challenge the squads point.  And then the other Commander being a jackass dropped a Vodnik right on top of me all but destroying my tank, now wtf are you going to waste an asset on one tank??  If the antitank isnt doing their job, tell them to!  You dont need to waste a vehicle drop on one tank when your team could use a transpot on the other side of the map.  Sorry, had to rant a little.

Oh yeah, and you commanders that waste a vehicle drop to take out a sniper, its pretty pathetic.
DaJJ
+13|6639|1500 Gold Medaller's land
huh...i thought commander can drop tanks xD thank god only transport vehicles...would have been pure hell with tanks :DDD would have been no sense to play on foot which is best i think
maddogjj
+3|6833|U S A

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

Ive seen the vehicle drop being abused more than a few times already, commanders directly targeting the vehicle drop on people rather than using them to benefit their team.  Namely I was in a tank in a server covering a squad capping a point on Kark, I sat still looking around for anyone trying to challenge the squads point.  And then the other Commander being a jackass dropped a Vodnik right on top of me all but destroying my tank, now wtf are you going to waste an asset on one tank??  If the antitank isnt doing their job, tell them to!  You dont need to waste a vehicle drop on one tank when your team could use a transpot on the other side of the map.  Sorry, had to rant a little.

Oh yeah, and you commanders that waste a vehicle drop to take out a sniper, its pretty pathetic.
dude chill its a GAME and i for one had a blast targeting the enemy commander with vehicle drop.  couldnt stop laughing all night its a hoot.   I also dropped when ever my team needed em so I dont think it hurt to have some extra fun in the process.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Yeah, the server browser is going kinda weird - I had 17300000 (about that, anyway) ping to a local server!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I've been playing some more and I have a few questions--

Are the air dropped vehicles randomly selected?  On Karkand, I was on USMC, and I requested for two vehicle drops and got a Humvee both times.  On Wake Island, it appears that the only vehicles that both teams get are FAV's and DPV's.  Anyone else noticing this?
aslpride
+6|6665
Vehicle drop was cool, but I was pissed cuz when I saw drop icon on map. I assume it was supply and I stand near it. Next thing I knew, I was squash by a jeep. All I said to the vehicle, you one of big hog s**t.
zomaardan
+3|6745
drop them on tanks and they will blow up..
and while you do that you might get all the badges...
while some of us did crawl through blood shit and teers for many many days..

and now the admins on a server must protect the game even more now????
thats bs

EA kills the game and the admins must deal with the bs they give..

bf2 runs bad now...worse then it already did
the ranking sh*t is f*cked up pretty good now 2...badges are funny now..get them for free..

EA did milk us enough..time for a new game..so lets f*ck it up for the players so they buy our new game

I REALLY HOPE THAT QUAKE WARS WILL ROCK
MAYBE ACTIVISION WILL BE MY NEW FRIEND

F*CK YOU EA

Last edited by zomaardan (2006-05-24 02:36:58)

Absinthe
+18|6758
lol - now, in addition to the current server-rules text while loading a map..  "NO VEHICLE DROPS or kick/ban" 
ComradeWho
+50|6697|Southern California

Spearhead wrote:

If you find the right servers to play in, there is no reason to trust the hype about 1.3.
this is the part of your post that should be focused on

"IF" being the operative word there. They ought to hand out a new badge for being able to load the server you want.
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6630|Germany
FACK, so +1 for you. I played some rounds on different server and I think teamplay is different now, but better anyway. I like the patch
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6846|Germany / Saxony
So I can get an air dropped FAV, when I got on the Wake-Carrier as Chinese, to run all the plane-waiters over??
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6662|Canada Eh?

Spark wrote:

Finally - a smart person!
I must agree. Everyone gets all hyped up for the new patch before it comes out and then when it finally does they say its all shit. I haven't seen 99% of these new bugs ffs, stop bitching about it. If they didn't like the removal of squad hopping then don't dl the patch.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Spearhead wrote:

Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2
i love SD

especially on a rifles server

btw, you are a fucking genius, karma +1
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6646|United States - Illinois

Spearhead wrote:

I have just installed the full version of patch 1.3... and here is what I have to say.

This is not as bad as everyone is crying and bitching about it being. 

1. Squad hopping.  Although squad hopping has been removed, now it takes actual strategy and skill in leading a squad.  Yes, of course you can still move in and assault flags as a squad leader.  But, you just have to think about what you're doing.  Some of you may not like to hear it, but there really is no reason to complain about squads now.  If anyone here has ever played a round of Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2 or a round of Defusal in Counter-Strike, you will have no trouble in adapting to the new squads.  As squad leader, your objective is to help your team, but with a new catch : you have to stay alive.  TRUST me when I say that it is not as hard as it sounds.

Plus, with the new squad tactics, you actually have to meet and learn to trust your squad members/leader.  If you're squad members aren't spawning on you when they should be, than kick them, simple as that.  Vice versa with the squad leader.  If he isn't doing his job and providing you with a safe spawn point, (at least sometimes) than simply leave the squad.  Now BF2 actually has that "Brothers in Arms" feel to it, you have to think before you act, and moving in tight formation with your squad (whether using vehicles or not) is always a good choice.

2. Air dropping vehicles.  Alright, it may be a little faulty, such as the retarded "NYC" accent the player has when requesting for one, and the fact that you can drop them anywhere on the map.  Sure, the fact that you can drop vehicles anywhere on the map really isn't well thought-out, but that is easily avoidable on clan servers with admins on.  If a commander is abusing the Vehicle drop, than you can kick/ban him, simple as that.  I just finished playing in a mature well-maintained clan run server, and I have yet to see someone abuse the Vehicle drop.  When you have a good Commander, like the one I just had, you will find the Vehicle drop to be helpful, in most situations.  On Wake Island I was flying a BH with our Commander, 2 players from another squad (including their squad leader), and one player from my squad.  I landed by the bridge to the west of the South Base, unloaded the troops, and bam, we instantly had 6-8 players spawned on the Island ready to go, along with a freshly air dropped FAV for transport.

If you find the right servers to play in, there is no reason to trust the hype about 1.3.  The minor things can and will be fixed, and IMO, if someone is complaining about the new squad system, they just don't know how to play as a team.  Although it could've been done better, I really do not think that 1.3 is as bad as everyone is saying it is.
I agree with everything you say and bump this topic so the other people that dont understand can read it.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-05-24 05:16:33)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
There is nothign wrong with teh patch. Its just something people do when a new patch from EA comes out. They have stereityped EA to fuck eveything up. So something new comes out. They MUST abuse the shit out of it, say that it has screwed the game beyond beleif....few minutes later they shall be playign it nice and happy.
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6582|Nottingham, UK
The truth behind patch 1.3?

Seen a lot of 'opinions' so far, with a few things standing out. Maybe they are the truths...

People report that a jeep landing on a tank is lame. (not been an unhappy tankwhore from this yet)
People report server browsed has been borkanated. (agreed)
People report more stability related issues. (agreed)
Some feel cheated because of the award requirements, while others feel they got some cool stuff.
(I'm 50/50 on this one, I like some of the edits, but others are...making me feel like I worked for fsck all)

As for saying 'there is nothign wrong with teh patch', thats bs to be honest, any new product has teething problems, but with EA, it's normally like dentistry without anaesthesia.

As stated, I crash to desktop after clicking join at times, only since 1.3, and trying to find a server that
a: shows #of players on server correctly.
b: shows players in detail pane.
c: shows IP.
d: doesn't lie through it's proverbial teeth about the fscking ping.
can last longer than some rounds.

There will always be people who slate a product in it's entirety, I hear they are called 'haters', so what are people who refuse to see the fault in a product, however blatant, called?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

There will always be people who slate a product in it's entirety, I hear they are called 'haters', so what are people who refuse to see the fault in a product, however blatant, called?
fanboys i guess..
Blindbasher
+25|6550
That is a good post mate! Can't give karma sorry.
Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland
yea the thing is this is NOT "Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 2 or a round of Defusal in Counter-Strike" will people PISS OFF and play COD/CS:S and stop bitching that tank are killing the planes hurt me the BH is to good IM SICK TO THE BACK END OF MY TEETH OF THIS UTTER BULLSHIT. THIS IS NOT CS:S ITS BF2 !!!!!!!!
dld4217
310 Cop
+1|6578|Arizona
I downloaded 1.3 last night.  Each time I try to join a server, the game crashes and returns me to my desktop.  Have not even had a chance to play the new patch.  It kind of does suck right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard