1927(h)
Firstly I think this does belong in this section. Secondly please forgive me if I cause offence by joking about a serious issue here.

The link shown http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24052006/344/uk-knives-amnesty-gets-under-way.html explains how people in the uk have got until June 30th to hand any knives over to the authorities without facing punishment for possession.

Wel last night EA gave me an expert knife which I don't feel worthy of owning so i'll be the first in handing it over (if I could).

Anybody feel unworthy of that award seeing as many before us have worked hard to get it?
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6729|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
That has to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen.  A knife amnesty? How are people supposed to cut their food to eat?  Or skin the deer that they just killed, or a rabbit, clean fish... etc. Weird...
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6659|England
good one. Thank God there isn't a mounted machine gun amnesty aswell........
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6704|UK

1927(h) wrote:

Firstly I think this does belong in this section. Secondly please forgive me if I cause offence by joking about a serious issue here.

The link shown http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24052006/344/u … r-way.html explains how people in the uk have got until June 30th to hand any knives over to the authorities without facing punishment for possession.

Wel last night EA gave me an expert knife which I don't feel worthy of owning so i'll be the first in handing it over (if I could).

Anybody feel unworthy of that award seeing as many before us have worked hard to get it?
LOL!

I own two 11 inch bowie knives, which I'm not handing over. I dont intend on carrying it around in public for all to see you know.

https://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/43/4d/55_1_b.JPG
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6704|UK
Oh btw, knives?!

Nobody has knives anymore, they have guns. I know loads of people who own a gun now and guns are illegal here.

I'd have one if I could afford it, I'll settle for a police baton instead (like the one used in green street/hooligans)
DaKilla.de
+7|6571
There is something similar in Germany where I'm from. A couple of years ago our government declared all knives with a blade longer than 7 cm illegal. Knives you use in your Kitchen are excepted.

Bad English? Tell me, I'm still learning.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6690|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Killa, your English seems as good as mine mate, wouldn't worry bout it.

E7, I don't reckon your the kinda fella to carry a blade on the streets and I have a better option than the baton. It's a Chelsea brick and I guarantee you it will knock a horse out with 1 blow.

Get a newspaper and roll it tight from corner to corner, fold it in half so you resembles Wake Island (minus the boat and arty island). Now whack something with the hard part. Hoolies used to use these on the football "special" trains that british rail would put on for so called "fans" in the 80's. When the police would storm the train all the papers would be unrolled and thus, the thug in question looks like a gent reading the "times".

Failing that to go one further, stab someone with an iceicle or beat them senseless with a frozen steak, the evidence is easy to get rid off.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6849

1927 wrote:

Failing that to go one further, stab someone with an iceicle or beat them senseless with a frozen steak, the evidence is easy to get rid off.
If I were a murderer, that's what I'd do. A nice kill and a nice dinner.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6791|Hamburg, Germany
Well you English really don't need kitchen knives....
0akleaves
+183|6630|Newcastle UK
on the acocunt i normally play on for fun i actually new about the new changes so got my vet knife as that was the only one i knew would change and wanted it properly, having fun on 1.03 this morning though
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.

Aruba-Prime wrote:

Are you mickey taking about what we/they eat? lol

Last edited by 1927 (2006-05-24 02:31:57)

goblinstomper
I ♣ Seals
+8|6582|Hampshire
Its not the first time they have done it... They didnt get my kniives last time, and they aint getting them this time.
They dont know who owns knives so they can hardly turn up on your door.
Besides if they did take away every single blade in the UK, people would use more guns... or bash each other with rocks or clubs lol
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6617|Sydney City, THE city.

E7IX3R wrote:

Nobody has knives anymore, they have guns. I know loads of people who own a gun now and guns are illegal here.
Guns were legal in Australia until 1994 when some retarded guy from the local mental assylum in some town in Tasmania pulled out a Kolashnekov and shot 34 people, dead.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6584|NYC / Hamburg

DaKilla.de wrote:

There is something similar in Germany where I'm from. A couple of years ago our government declared all knives with a blade longer than 7 cm illegal. Knives you use in your Kitchen are excepted.

really, now i cant go to germany to go shopping (read: shopping for food and pc parts) anymore.

I always carry my skippers knife with me which is 12cm. Not to stab anyone but i am so often on a boat (my other passion) where I need it (in case i need to cut a line in emergency or similar) that i am so used to it that i feel incomplete without it.

Stupid rule!

To the original poster: why would i give my knife to the government even if it were illegal (are they going to raid each house or what?; and yay, in switzerland most weapons are allowed (i just love my neighbors flak))
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]

1927 wrote:

Aruba-Prime wrote:

Yep and it's coming from Sauerkraut Mann

Aruba-Prime wrote:

1927 wrote:

Aruba-Prime wrote:

I was at Berlin train station last August. I had the best kebab in mylife there. A wurst I had was good, skip the mustard tho, yakkk. Other than that, food was a bit odd.

Last edited by 1927 (2006-05-24 03:36:12)

max wrote:

DaKilla.de wrote:

really, now i cant go to germany to go shopping (read: shopping for food and pc parts) anymore.

I always carry my skippers knife with me which is 12cm. Not to stab anyone but i am so often on a boat (my other passion) where I need it (in case i need to cut a line in emergency or similar) that i am so used to it that i feel incomplete without it.

Stupid rule!

To the original poster: why would i give my knife to the government even if it were illegal (are they going to raid each house or what?; and yay, in switzerland most weapons are allowed (i just love my neighbors flak))
I think knives are awful things to carry with you in the street, I'm fine with you having one in the woods, in a boat, by a lake, etc etc.

The goverment are asking to hand the knives in because of the grief a knife can cause.  The bloodshed etc, I don't need to go on.  DON'T CARRY KNIVES. FULL STOP.  I'm sure you carry one for protection, but if your mugger takes it off you then you need protection. Keep one upstairs under the bed to protect your wife and kids, what happens when kid finds you keep a secret weapon as it would be. Dad keeps one so why can't I?

Im fortunate not to know any stab victims or such but I'm sure somebody who has lost a loved one due to a knife would bang the same drum as me.

Keep them at home, or when hunting etc, then keep it for show thats all.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]

1927 wrote:

Aruba-Prime wrote:

1927 wrote:

I was at Berlin tarin station last August. I had the best kebab in mylife there. A wurst I had was good, skip the mustard tho, yakkk. Other than that, food was a bit odd.
Yea Döner is awesome here as well as Italian and Chinese food . The only good German food is cooked by moms....
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6755|Pakistan/England

max wrote:

DaKilla.de wrote:

Stupid rule!

LMAO they ban freakin motorsports in switzerland for being dangerous (still banned) yet nearly every weapon is legal? how does that work??
max
Vela Incident

1927 wrote:

max wrote:

DaKilla.de wrote:

Stupid rule!

I think knives are awful things to carry with you in the street, I'm fine with you having one in the woods, in a boat, by a lake, etc etc.

The goverment are asking to hand the knives in because of the grief a knife can cause.  The bloodshed etc, I don't need to go on.  DON'T CARRY KNIVES. FULL STOP.  I'm sure you carry one for protection, but if your mugger takes it off you then you need protection. Keep one upstairs under the bed to protect your wife and kids, what happens when kid finds you keep a secret weapon as it would be. Dad keeps one so why can't I?

Im fortunate not to know any stab victims or such but I'm sure somebody who has lost a loved one due to a knife would bang the same drum as me.

well it is always in my pants so nobody can see it and i dont keep it for protection (if i want protection, i take my dads pistol). As ive said its just a habbit of mine to have one with me and i defenetely dont plan on using it

if i ever get in trouble, i prefer to just punch the guy instead of fumbling with a knife
(hey; most swiss are whimps; look at all the oh-so-tough-gangsta-rap-homie-retards that nearly start to cry when you accidentally bump against them in the train)
(most (all) guys are far too doped/drunk to do anything properly anyhow usually).
Also switzerland is a safe country, you dont get attacked here (though we have the only army in the (civilized) world that only killed fellow countrymen, no foreigner has ever died at the hands of a swiss soldier).

And you never know what a knife can be useful for (for example i opened a floor board today at university so that i could plug in my pc into the electricity socket or scaping chewing gum from your shoe, or if you try to make a sandwitch away from home; not in that order necessarily)

Also i dont need to worry about being a bad example for kids since i dont have any (comeon i'm 17) and am an only child.

Now i realize that i sound like a mean and agressive guy, but that is not the case. I'm really nice infact.

EDIT: I just want to say that I could never kill an animal (especially with a knife) (well i my life depended on it, i would but not for fun) and i find hunting horrible (though it is fun to see the americans shoot each other)

Last edited by max (2006-05-24 05:10:47)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
max
Vela Incident

tahadar wrote:

LMAO they ban freakin motorsports in switzerland for being dangerous (still banned) yet nearly every weapon is legal? how does that work??
i know, so lame

max wrote:

1927 wrote:

max wrote:

Stupid rule!

well it is always in my pants so nobody can see it and i dont keep it for protection (if i want protection, i take my dads pistol). As ive said its just a habbit of mine to have one with me and i defenetely dont plan on using it

if i ever get in trouble, i prefer to just punch the guy instead of fumbling with a knife
(hey; most swiss are whimps; look at all the oh-so-tough-gangsta-rap-homie-retards that nearly start to cry when you accidentally bump against them in the train)
(most (all) guys are far too doped/drunk to do anything properly anyhow usually).
Also switzerland is a safe country, you dont get attacked here (though we have the only army in the (civilized) world that only killed fellow countrymen, no foreigner has ever died at the hands of a swiss soldier).

And you never know what a knife can be useful for (for example i opened a floor board today at university so that i could plug in my pc into the electricity socket or scaping chewing gum from your shoe, or if you try to make a sandwitch away from home; not in that order necessarily)

Also i dont need to worry about being a bad example for kids since i dont have any (comeon i'm 17) and am an only child.

Now i realize that i sound like a mean and agressive guy, but that is not the case. I'm really nice infact.

EDIT: I just want to say that I could never kill an animal (especially with a knife) (well i my life depended on it, i would but not for fun) and i find hunting horrible (though it is fun to see the americans shoot each other)
Nah, I don't find you aggressive or mean, your simply voicing an opinion whilst putting your point across.  LOL I guess it important if your gonna use ya knife to make a sandwhich to remember if you have just had to remove gum etc.  One bit of advice from an elder, this could however come from someone your own age, never take for granted the society you live in.  There isn't a day goes by here now where the news isn't filled with shootings, stabbings or other forms of violence. It seems Switzerland has it a bit more peaceful than some of your european cousins or even America, Australia and New Zealand. Add to that list South Africa and Brazil.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853

1927(h) wrote:

The link shown http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24052006/344/u … r-way.html explains how people in the uk have got until June 30th to hand any knives over to the authorities without facing punishment for possession.

So now that you have your " Expert Knife Badge " I am certian you are in some Data Base at Scotland Yard.

Expect that knock on the door soon.

Thats what happens, we all knew it anyway. lol
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6712|RCM Headquarters

max wrote:

(i just love my neighbors flak))
Flak?  Like:
https://www.czechgamer.com/pics/clanky/Apollo21_05-04-2005-13-06-52_Flak-Cannon.jpg
Scorpian65
+14|6754
WTF? I live in the US and years ago we had an automatic weapon amnesty but knifes, come on. As long as you are not a convicted criminal you can own a gun. I personally own 7-8 guns and to many knives to count. I've carried a folding pocket knife everyday of my life for the past 25yrs. We even have latenight infomercials that feature all types of knives for sale, from 2" blade pocket knife to three foot sword.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard