MattCicioni
+1|6844|Arizona
I am a bit confused on the difference between Driver Points and Road kills.  The requirments for the Vetern Transport Badge are:

Next Badge: Veteran Transport Badge

IAR: 5 road kills while in Transport
50 Total time using Transport
200 Driver points
Awards: Basic Transport Badge

What is a driver point and where can I find out how many driver points I have?

Also, what is the definition of a road kill?  Do I have to be in the drivers seat to get a road kill?  Is it literally running someone over in a jeep, or can I switch to the mounted machine gun and shoot players with that, and have it still considered a road kill? 

I have not meet the 50 hours requirement yet, but I should in a week or two, and I want to clear up my confusion on this matter.  Thanks.

-MattCicioni

Last edited by MattCicioni (2005-11-16 08:43:39)

MattCicioni
+1|6844|Arizona
Okay, I just found the "Driver" points section on my Stats page, but I still don't know what the difference is.
-Matt
divided
Clear!
+3|6788
I'd also like to know this.  Although I'm still 40 hours away from the time requirement..
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6863|"Frisco"

You earn, and this is hearsay I haven't test it yet (but it makes sense) that you earn Driver points wheven a passenger in your vehicle gets a team point (healing, repair, ammo) or soemthing like that. Haven't seen yet.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

200 driver points in a round...phew.
Phat=A$$=
Caution: May Contain Traces of Nut
+1|6822|Southsea, UK
thats 200 global driver points, relax
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

Phat=A$$= wrote:

thats 200 global driver points, relax
That takes the fun out of it.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6852
You get Driver points when a Teammate in your vehicle gets a teampoint (ammo, heal, repair) or when it kills someone. THen there are the points for driver skills... but i don't know how to earn them.. (although i get loads of them ^^)
200 Driver points aren't much, i already got about 400
Britishbeef
+0|6816|Err...Britain
There are two types of driver points:
1.  Driver kill assist
2.  Driver special ability point

Driver kill assists are basically when a teammate in the vehicle gets a kill but driver special ability points are when teammates get heal, resupply or repair points.  I know this because i use team speak with my friends and when ever i was in a blackhawk and i got a repair point, my mate said "what the hell is a driver special ability point"

I guess roadkills are when you run someone down but i have heard that you can get them when you shoot a vehicle and an enemy dies from the explosion as he tries to escape.

Last edited by Britishbeef (2005-10-13 03:59:16)

Hyper_Dude
+5|6838|United Knigdom
A driver skill point is when the driver heals, re-supplies or repair's a person/vechile.
A driver skill assist is when a passenger gets a kill or heals, re-supplies or repair's a persons/vechile.

All are worth 1 point as far as I know.

As for the 5 road kills, it is running them over as far as I know. Yesterday on Wake, i went of a C4 run in a car, but it ended up with me running done 5 people around the airfeild, then killing 3 men with the C4 by the UAV. 17 nice points there for me

I just read British Beef's post, who posted 2 mins before me, his one makes more sense!

Last edited by Hyper_Dude (2005-10-13 04:01:39)

Croak
+11|6820|San Marcos, CA
I have 350+ roadkills in a jet..that ain't from running people over with it, it's from secondary explosions to jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets, etc that I damaged with bombs or guns.  You'll notice that when you're in one type of vehicle and you get a kill from another type..like shooting a chopper with your tank and seeing "PlayerX (Blackhawk) kills PlayerY."

That said, you're not going to get many reliable roadkills in a transport via secondary explosions in any given round...just go on a Farmer's Market rampage and run the suckers over.

Last edited by Croak (2005-10-13 09:19:35)

{DarkAF}Sniper
+0|6858
What they said  ^-^  , Ya like they said you get drive points when someone else gets  skill point.
EAMPLE: If you have a medic in a DPV (The doon buddy thingy, aka Desert Patrol Vehicle) and the driver gets
shot in the chest the medic will automaticly heal the driver and then the medic gets a heal point, then the drive gets an ability assist point  ( other wise known as a driver point)........im not sure but i think u get points for road kills as well but i dunno =/, this is how blackhawk whore piolet get so many points, team points are worth more then kills

Last edited by {DarkAF}Sniper (2005-10-13 09:39:55)

Snjolfur
+0|6841

MattCicioni wrote:

50 Total time using Transport
200 driver points
You only have 35h total time using Transport, though you have almost 1000 driver points.
MattCicioni
+1|6844|Arizona
Yea, I need to drive more, but I was mostly confused about the Road Kills thing.  Mainly becuase I'm really good at driving a jeep into a good position and jumping on the gun and killing like 5 people, but I guess that wouldn't count as a road kill?

Perhaps I can just run them over.... Running over 5 people shouldn't be too hard.

-Matt

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by MattCicioni (2005-11-16 08:45:13)

WormGuts
+17|6809|Dayton, Ohio

Croak wrote:

I have 350+ roadkills in a jet..that ain't from running people over with it, it's from secondary explosions to jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets, etc that I damaged with bombs or guns.  You'll notice that when you're in one type of vehicle and you get a kill from another type..like shooting a chopper with your tank and seeing "PlayerX (Blackhawk) kills PlayerY."

That said, you're not going to get many reliable roadkills in a transport via secondary explosions in any given round...just go on a Farmer's Market rampage and run the suckers over.
That is putting it down absolutley Croak.  Well said.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard