^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

Allright peepz because everyone is talking about it this new feature, lets hear it here,

and only here
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6576
ME and a clan member put two on a roof and tried to push each other off
crownvic96
+5|6555
congrats on the fourth thread on this page regarding this!
samfink
+31|6556
a little late, methinks, bvut anyway: personallly, I think ti is a good idea. after all, someone has just had to bail out of a good transport due to it having enemy C4 on it, not they can get a new one.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

crownvic96 wrote:

Im closing the otherones....smarty thats why i created this to have it in 1 place........READ
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Sniekj
+1|6652|Stramproy (netherlands)
I hate it, its stupid to have vehicles drops on karkand, sharki and mashuur. there are enough vehicles there, and those maps aren't so big.

why EA why
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6795|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I love the vehicle drop it is nice for those that need to get out or somewhere in a hurry.    Yes you can kill some guys by dropping it just like arty.  Now that is funny.
crownvic96
+5|6555

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

crownvic96 wrote:

Im closing the otherones....smarty thats why i created this to have it in 1 place........READ
So I noticed after I replied. I'm bored at work and a little quick on the posting trigger this afternoon. Didn't mean to pee in your thread cheerios.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6786|Anaheim, CA

I just played a round as commander, and here are my thoughts:

From what I could see, you could only have 2 cars out at any time.  If no one gets in it blows up, or if 1 blows up it reloads quite fast.  I was unable to squish anyone with it . . . yet!

If you're a smart commander, you're watching your squad leaders, and if you see he is on foot and not anywhere near a car, it's great to be able to help him out.  We've all spawned somewhere far away from the battle, and there were no vehicles, and we spent eons walking towards the battle . . .
dirty0513
+1|6611
I Will comment when I freaking download the patch, its only taking me 3 hours.
xbrandomx
+9|6651
You KNOW there's going to be drops ontop of roofs so you can gun people from way up high.  I'm going to try that right now.
pants marshall
+0|6552
i just played on karkand and had a jeep land on me whilst in a jeep!!!!!
the result ended in me dying,so what is the point of Vehicle drops,are they really needed?
what if you where hiding behind a low wall or in the open pinned down.The other commander can just kill you by dropping a jeep on you,how does that make this game better?
i think the vehicle spawn thing is for the euro forces maps as they are so big,just like bf1942,i think ea have put this in the wrong game bf1942 could of used a thing like that in its day.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida

daffytag wrote:

lmao - i havnt got to try it yet, i just started the patch download, and im at work....so ill install it once i get home tonight
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida
i can see it now, there are gonna be vehicles in all kinds of random ass places.....i want to drop one on top of a hotel, get into it, then drive off the side.  That seems kinda interesting lol
RedLT1Z
+3|6550
I just got done playing some Karkand, there were a lot of Hummers on the left hill kinda by the route to the suburb, also somoene put a Hummer IN the Hotel Flag area... Luckily I was in the tank so it was a free kill for me.

Kinda stupid, hopefully EA will make it take longer to spawn 'em later.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands

RedLT1Z wrote:

I just got done playing some Karkand, there were a lot of Hummers on the left hill kinda by the route to the suburb, also somoene put a Hummer IN the Hotel Flag area... Luckily I was in the tank so it was a free kill for me.

Kinda stupid, hopefully EA will make it take longer to spawn 'em later.
A lot of hummers on the hill, thats not possible cause they will blow up after 30 seconds if nobody uses it and the reload time for a drop is also 30 seconds.

I was just on an empty server to see what kind of damage a vehicle drop does. You need 6 drops to kill a arty cannon, sometimes more. Damaging the satelite scan trailer with drops is impossible and it took about 30/40 drops to get the uav trailer smoking and it had about 8 bars left at that time so thats a waist of time. A drop on a hummer is instant kill and a drop on a vodnic does 6 bars of damage.

It seems the vehicle drop is a bit buggy cause about 1 in 10 will start swinging under the shute and it ll sometimes lose his shute at like 20 meters above the ground. This isnt lag tho cause i have a ping of 16 on that server.

https://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4747/screen2240ln.th.png

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-05-25 09:09:28)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

xbrandomx wrote:

You KNOW there's going to be drops ontop of roofs so you can gun people from way up high.  I'm going to try that right now.
You can only aim so low.
[OTH]-DocSparky
+1|6787|Baton Rouge, La, USA
Even though it is useful in some situations (being caught in the middle on nowhere like the water), it seems like a weird feature to add.  I didn't know it was limited to 2 vehicles out at a time though. Seems like they were dropping like snowflakes last night when I was playing SF. Perhaps a limit of 1 vehicle out at a time would be better.

I did get to see a sniper taken out by a buggy. Pretty funny sight.
xaven
+25|6734|Berlin
http://www.team-elunex.ch/download/Vide … newbug.wmv

Last edited by xaven (2006-05-25 09:24:08)

DSRTurtle
+56|6687
I absolutely hate it.  I can think of 2 or 3 maps where it's a good thing.  But overall it's a waste of programming time that could have been better spent fixing bugs.
KounterKill
+0|6548|Missouri
Personally I think its something else that is going to be abused.  I am not to worried about the pub side but in competetive play I feel it lacked thought.  I am not sure what ea was thinking but I think this might have been a better solution.

1) Take the apc and Tanks out of main
2) Have Tank and apc drop available every 1 minute -2 minutes
3) set the available limits of tanks or apc's according to map size (e.g. 1 for 16p, 2 for 32, 3 for 64pl)

this would make the starts more infantry/squad based. Once in position the commander could drop tanks/apc where needed.  the key would be keeping your tank alive till the next drop was available, then you have 2.  Keep them alive and then have 3.   
I think this would really push the teamwork effort and keep vehicle whoring to a minimum, it also adds to the strategic atmosphere by putting in a tank under radar.  (i.e. having ground troops shoot down uav or inform commander when it is down for sneaky tank drops.)  **the tank would still show up for a second as an empty tank**

since the topic is on the humvees I will say that there are some aspects that make it nice (i.e. not having to run to a spawn to grab one)  but with the ability do drop them on people capping flags, or putting them on buildings or dropping them on helos, or other vehicles.  I can really see this getting out of hand and not being utilized for what they were intended.  Transportation.

Just my .02

KK
Linus
+53|6654
I like the vehicle drop... comes in very handy when theres a lot of players on a map..
especially when we have to deal with morons who take jeeps for rides to their jets and
choppers leaving the rest of us without a ride..

However, I think the vehicle drops should be limited to land only.. with simple code, they
could have kept them from being dropped onto carriers... Ive already seen 3 jeeps dropped
onto jets who were about to takeoff, killing the pilots..  weak, cheap, obvious exploit, and
unfortuneatly as we ALL know will be used time and tme and time again by noobs.

So my response to whether I like the vehicle drop is, YES, but damn EA will screw any
good thing up by their lack of common sense. Another example.. choppers that take
ground.. yeah, right..
KtotheIMMY
+513|6764
The vehicle drop can be useful at times. I was taking a long stroll between flags on Wake Island and my commander dropped an FAV for me. I was very thankful.

Last edited by KtotheIMMY (2006-05-25 09:45:52)

TeknoFurious
+0|6549
Here's an idea for those that think it's useless on some maps.  Don't use it.  There is nothing saying that you MUST use it every 30 seconds!  For me, I'll only drop a vehicle for someone that asks for it, or like I did yesterday, to squash a sniper instead of wasting artillery.
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6838|Dundas, ONT, Canada

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

daffytag wrote:

lmao - i havnt got to try it yet, i just started the patch download, and im at work....so ill install it once i get home tonight
Me and One of my friends where on Gulf of Oman on USMC side and commander dropped two DPVs on the carrier. We had a little chicken race. I won but had to swim back to a loading dock, cause ended up in the water.

This idea is pretty good if use it as intended, but I've seen it already exploited. My commander kept dropping DPVs on top of TV station on Sharqi. Some people where complaining. It was kind of fun to watch from the side lines, as chopper being crushed by a DPV.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard