splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6727|Omaha, Nebraska
For those that have installed the patch... Do you like or dislike?

Hurry give us sad working folks some feedback!
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6720|Peoria, Illinois
================================================================================
Battlefield 2™: V1.3
ReadMe File
April 25, 2006
================================================================================

Patch v1.3

NEW FEATURES

- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to
be dropped at their location.

- Co-op:
Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with
both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created
that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.

Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that
will spawn in game.

Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that
will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of
the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC,
Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.

Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is easiest,
100 is the most difficult.

- Default Kit Selection:
The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between
maps.
BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Fixed issues with remote console and linux server

- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.

- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.

- Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously
play.

- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the
squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.

- Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.

- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets

- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound
and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

- Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality

- Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.

- Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.

- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle

- Adjusted award criteria

- Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using
"connect to IP"

- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account

- Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)

- Fixed a crash caused when a player is joining a map and another player logs into the same account

- Fixed a Dragon Valley exploit

- Fixed a bug on Zatar Wetlands where AA missiles would not lock onto oil towers

- Fixed a bug that caused the Eurofighter explosion to appear as a Mig-29 wreckage

-
Armor Bar removed from occupied machinegun emplacements

- Fixed a bug on Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands that caused enemy AA sites to not display in bombing HUD

- Special Forces - Firing crossbow from open vehicle position causes others to see player weapon firing

- Fixed Repair Hud for the engineer when in a vehicle and repairing a team mate vehicles

- Fixed a bug on Strike at Karkand where players were able to get inside a building by Train Accident when FF is turned off

- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable the Chinese artillery

- Fixed a bug in Zatar Wetlands 32 where commander assets were not being properly dropped to the location specified by the User.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-05-23 09:10:01)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6564
Let us get it first
Hyper
Banned
+154|6739
i installed the incremental and i now have some issues with my server list
it only shows up randomly and refuses to show me the actual players in the server and the players that are in it
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6579|Reisterstown, MD

The vehicle drop thing is weird.  Vehicles everywhere lol.  Also, it appears the rumors about the award criteria are true.  As soon as I got into a game, I was awarded the Combat Infantry Medal with only 200 hours gameplay total.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6679|Devon, England
bf2 doesnt even load up...
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6564

FFLink13 wrote:

bf2 doesnt even load up...
LoL
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
Doesn't sound good thus far. (sigh)
gun999
+3|6565
Just got killed by a vehicle landing on me head lol
ALT-F4
+4|6539
As with all the previous EA patches for this game, some people will have no problem and some will not even be able to play depends on how thier game is configured in windows and how the file system is set up. Make sure that you actually apply the patch to where ur BF2 files are in your file system.
thejigga
+8|6543

killer21 wrote:

The vehicle drop thing is weird.  Vehicles everywhere lol.  Also, it appears the rumors about the award criteria are true.  As soon as I got into a game, I was awarded the Combat Infantry Medal with only 200 hours gameplay total.
yeah, i joined a wake server and people were drag racing on the carrier. kinda funny.
juanito
+2|6681

gun999 wrote:

Just got killed by a vehicle landing on me head lol
hahahahaahah well that most have been fun
FriiginChomper
+41|6690
the new award criteria's are true? : (
im at school so i cant get the patch till later, but right now it sounds like its not that great, but ill have to see.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6727|Omaha, Nebraska
Sounds interesting so far guys keep up the posts. I realize like in the above post some will not like it while others will. For the most part I like the award criteria because it is realistic now and you do not have to sit in vehicles for 2000 hours or more. And for those high players upset I doubt you will see most of them playing in 6 months anyways.. I could be wrong but i sure would be bored or at least need a break after 2500+ hours of playing!

I am interested IS THE RED BUG FIXED????????????  Please reply!! Keep up the posts.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6752
I like watching the airdropped vehicles falling from the sky. It's so...... odd looking
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6701|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.

- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound
and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

YAY for EA
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6661|Australia
As soon as i got into a game i got Expert knife yay!

Vehicle drop is weird, but disintegrate after 30 seconds if not used and...

NOW LISTEN UP...U CANNOT JOIN A SQUAD IF YOU ARE DEAD.

Meaning if you die you cannot leave and join you must spawn then join.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6579|Reisterstown, MD

FriiginChomper wrote:

the new award criteria's are true? : (
im at school so i cant get the patch till later, but right now it sounds like its not that great, but ill have to see.
It appears that way.  I only played for a bit but I did get an award that was otherwise unreachable for me for quite sometime.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA

thejigga wrote:

killer21 wrote:

yeah, i joined a wake server and people were drag racing on the carrier. kinda funny.
LMAO!!!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6613|Birmingham, UK
They have killed squads...
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6701|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
no they killed the squad hopping and only using sqauds to get closer to battle
voltage
+46|6829|Sweden

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

As soon as i got into a game i got Expert knife yay!
Argh, I was 100% sure that was false. Incredible.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6556|NYC / Hamburg

thejigga wrote:

killer21 wrote:

and i'm stuck at university; i think ill just jump out of the window
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6613|Birmingham, UK
Now if you think about it they have encouraged medics in squads to keep the squad moving. They have killed squad-leader cycling so we will have MORE medics...as if we needed them...
I'll probably only go in a squad for communication now. The moving forward as a team is useless without communication (which is surprisingly low on VOIP servers - why play on VOIP servers when you refuse to talk?).
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
I supprt the squad hopping change. Makes you and your team think and be more careful.

I disagree with the badge/reward requirements change. Not Cool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard