j3ster
+3|6714
Now that the patch has finally been released please advise any bugs, issues and even the pro's and con's of the patch.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Bugs: For some reason, vehicle-drop things have a wierd name. It says HUD_TEXT_ and some other shit. I'm downloading the full patch now as advised by some people on Total BF2.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

j3ster wrote:

Now that the patch has finally been released please advise any bugs, issues and even the pro's and con's of the patch.
first time I ran after patch it bailed to desktop, no error.  Second time seems okay... got my combat and marksman infantry instantly so I take it the requirements changes post may have been accurate
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6690|UK

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

j3ster wrote:

first time I ran after patch it bailed to desktop, no error.  Second time seems okay... got my combat and marksman infantry instantly so I take it the requirements changes post may have been accurate
mmm, it really pisses me off that some people have worked their asses off playing this game to get medals.

now every man and his dog is gonna get them
Hyper
Banned
+154|6752
my server list is totally fuxored
it refuses to show ppl in the server and wont show the ip of the server
i installed the incremental
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

E7IX3R wrote:

Well thats is plain and smiply so people can have everything and will need something like BF2142 to move onto.
The EA money making machine strikes again
Static-nl
+14|6558

E7IX3R wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

j3ster wrote:

mmm, it really pisses me off that some people have worked their asses off playing this game to get medals.

True, But the time requirements on some medals r very higha dn for some people that dont play hours daily it would take them years to get those medals.

I play Bf2 3 or 4 days a week max and only a round or 2 to 6 a day.
im not bad im pretty good at infatry and Armor so fullfilling the requirements is easy for me but fullfilling the 400hour time requirement on soem things is just undaoble for me as it would take me months of whoring or years of regular playtime.

Btw i downed the incremental (i hoped to get lucky) and i tried start up Bf2 a few times but it locks up after login.
Till now i heard a few m8s that had similair problems witht he incremental so i advise everyone to down the full patch.
As EA/Dice seems to be to stupid to make a working Incremental patch.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

Static-nl wrote:

True, But the time requirements on some medals r very higha dn for some people that dont play hours daily it would take them years to get those medals.

I play Bf2 3 or 4 days a week max and only a round or 2 to 6 a day.
im not bad im pretty good at infatry and Armor so fullfilling the requirements is easy for me but fullfilling the 400hour time requirement on soem things is just undaoble for me as it would take me months of whoring or years of regular playtime.

Btw i downed the incremental (i hoped to get lucky) and i tried start up Bf2 a few times but it locks up after login.
Till now i heard a few m8s that had similair problems witht he incremental so i advise everyone to down the full patch.
As EA/Dice seems to be to stupid to make a working Incremental patch.
about to say pretty much the same thing...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

j3ster wrote:

It probably crashed so it could adjust itself to the patch.
voltage
+46|6842|Sweden
How about the knife badges, anyone got those yet?
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6626|Birmingham, UK
Hmm...the incremental is easier because if you took the full patch don't you have to uninstall first and then reinstall and patch?...just a silly question...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
i cant even get bf2 working now :'( it just CTD's when i run it. help me plz!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Hmm...the incremental is easier because if you took the full patch don't you have to uninstall first and then reinstall and patch?...just a silly question...
The incremental patch appears to be faulty for 1.3 so if you want it to work properly, you should just download the full patch.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6638|Wigan. Manchester. England.
sound stupis here but...whats the difference in full and incremental??

coz ones a huge file and the others smaller?

fill me in please
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6626|Birmingham, UK

_j5689_ wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

The incremental patch appears to be faulty for 1.3 so if you want it to work properly, you should just download the full patch.
Thanks but do I have to uninstall BF2 beforehand and then reinstall and patch up. Or can I just let the patch run?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6740|The Hague, Netherlands

Full is if you dont have 1.22, otherwise download the incremental..

just played it........airdrope vehicles are only humvee/vodnik etc...when someone calls for it it reminds me of the brits in SF but well..dunno about the changes in awards, they are there but didn't get a awards...i check that out later
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6622

TheDarkRaven wrote:

nope a patch over rides all the other patches
Darky
Hi..
+71|6563|Here.
Just noticed this in the release notes:

"- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable the Chinese artillery"

Seems retarded to me..
thejigga
+8|6556
i installed the incremental and experienced no problems in 3 rounds of play.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

_j5689_ wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

worked for me
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

voltage wrote:

How about the knife badges, anyone got those yet?
It's in my BFHQ stats, but I must have been afk when it was awarded cos it didn't pop up... so the IAR is gone for sure

EDIT:

Oh and I just got lagged out of a game, connection started to drop out for a second at a time, then died... when it went to the browser the ping was listed as about 10 million milliseconds....  looks like a server bug cos half the players have also been dropped

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-05-23 10:04:16)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

scottomus0 wrote:

sound stupis here but...whats the difference in full and incremental??

coz ones a huge file and the others smaller?

fill me in please
Full is for if you just bought the game, or in this case, if you don't trust the incremental patch.  The incremental patch is for if you have 1.22 intalled, it is much smaller because it contains only 1.3.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Darky wrote:

Just noticed this in the release notes:

"- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable the Chinese artillery"

Seems retarded to me..
It's the bug where if the US gets Airfield, then after a certain amount of time the artillery becomes US arty.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

TheDarkRaven wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Thanks but do I have to uninstall BF2 beforehand and then reinstall and patch up. Or can I just let the patch run?
I'm not sure about uninstalling BF2.  I hope I don't have to uninstall it because then I would probably have to uninstall Special Forces as well and it would be a pain to reinstall everything.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-05-23 10:07:17)

Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6693|England
the only thing different i have noticed is the m95, when you shoot fences and stuff, you can now see the bullet hole on the other side 1 thing i really really like, dont know why though, but meh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard