Should flag burning be illegal?

yes32%32% - 43
no31%31% - 42
fuck no36%36% - 49
Total: 134
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So you'd object to someone burning a Nazi flag, of course?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

So, you're just going to ignore my question, fine?

Actually, I'm in 1st Grade.  Tomorrow, we learn what 1+1 is!  Weeeee!
Finally, he posts a fact.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

So you'd object to someone burning a Nazi flag, of course?
Hmmmmmmmm, very insightful............I would have to be honest and say no.....That flag is now symbolic of all that was evil with man kind. I can in clear conscience overlook the burning of that flag.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So then, I someone thinks the French flag is symbolic of evil, why shouldn't they burn it?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
i would say yes since it can cause diplomatical problems between nations... they sumtimes might go to war.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

So then, I someone thinks the French flag is symbolic of evil, why shouldn't they burn it?
Dude, I am not going to let you try and back me in a corner. The Swastika was not a symbol of a country it was a symbol an ideal, and a very wrong one. It is lothed by the worlds population, and a dark stain on the fabric of human history. Although I hate the fuckin' French, you are comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-26 22:28:58)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
The Nazi flag was the German national flag from 1935-1945.  Evil is an opinion.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

The Nazi flag was the German national flag from 1935-1945.  Evil is an opinion.
it was the symbol of the third Reich and they flew it as the national flag when they came to power. It isn't a German national flag. Since the flags before and after the swastika are very similar.

Like I said you and I both know what the nazi flag is symbolic of, don't even try and argue otherwise.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6545|Southeastern USA
Iowing plz see my "Which type are you?" thread, I can't give karma yet but I can post something there for ya
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

kr@cker wrote:

Iowing plz see my "Which type are you?" thread, I can't give karma yet but I can post something there for ya
Actually my tag is lowing not Iowing, and there is nothing of yours that feel like you can give me, nor am I interested anything you may want to give me.
Capt. Foley
+155|6584|Allentown, PA, USA
Nothing shows up at the voteing area place.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557

lowing wrote:

it was the symbol of the third Reich and they flew it as the national flag when they came to power. It isn't a German national flag.
It was the flag of the nation of Germany, therefore a national flag.

lowing wrote:

Like I said you and I both know what the nazi flag is symbolic of, don't even try and argue otherwise.
I also know that the flags of France, the UK, the US, and Australia are symbols of colonialism and slaughter.  Why can't I burn them?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6545|Southeastern USA
fixed it
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

it was the symbol of the third Reich and they flew it as the national flag when they came to power. It isn't a German national flag.
It was the flag of the nation of Germany, therefore a national flag.

lowing wrote:

I also know that the flags of France, the UK, the US, and Australia are symbols of colonialism and slaughter.  Why can't I burn them?
Funny how the nazi flag came and went with the nazi party, but hey, if you want the point take it. We both know the truth of it.

Like I said before, (twice I think)...........I don't give 2 shits whose flags YOU burn, you are not an American burning an American flag. You go ahead and burn anything ya want.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So why can't an American in America who knows the same things burn said flags?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

So why can't an American in America who knows the same things burn said flags?
I guess for the same reason why, although you have the right to free speech you CAN'T yell fire in a movie theater...Yes we have the right to protest, but somethings are wrong and flag burning in America is one of them. But again, you burn our flag, your flag, I couldn't care less, I am not addressing my feelings about this to you or anyone else that isn't an American, who is burning an American flag. I really don't care if you burn down your house.

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-27 06:02:54)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So it should be illegal to burn a Soviet flag?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

All during the cold war, (before you were born) I can not recall ever hearing a story in which an American burned the Soviet flag.....But again for the 5th time.......I don't care about what others do with there protesting, I don't want Americans burning American flags.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

Bubbalo wrote:

sure it is, unless you dont want ex-soviet kgb agents trying to hunt you down.

ok bubbalo, dont post shit about burning old flags that are not part of a nation anymore.

for freedom of speach: you have right to protest in a good manner, not in anyway assualting sum1 (plz correct me if im wrong)
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BallisticallyYours
+23|6627|Chicago, IL

Bubbalo wrote:

In America, the amendments give we americans the right to burn a flag to excersise our right to protest of our government, thus the polish, mexican, african, british who live in america can burn their flags as well, it may not be the mature, moral thing to do, and others have the right to disagree with it, that is what freedom represents, live your life despite what others think of your actions, if you want to live that way. Simple.... where's the debate?

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-05-27 06:17:09)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

All during the cold war, (before you were born) I can not recall ever hearing a story in which an American burned the Soviet flag.....But again for the 5th time.......I don't care about what others do with there protesting, I don't want Americans burning American flags.
Americans burning american flags are kinda wierd... if you dont love your country, leave it. and you are correct lowing, no american burned a soviet flag coz they know it will be the end of the world since soviet russia will launch nukes and shit... but only did South Korea burn soviet flag since the CCCP shot down a korean civilian plane.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD
I think it already is.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557

lowing wrote:

Yes, and I'm pointing out the hypocritical nature of this when compared to many of your other statements.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

BallisticallyYours wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

In America, the amendments give we americans the right to burn a flag to excersise our right to protest of our government, thus the polish, mexican, african, british who live in america can burn their flags as well, it may not be the mature, moral thing to do, and others have the right to disagree with it, that is what freedom represents, live your life despite what others think of your actions, if you want to live that way. Simple.... where's the debate?
If you don't see the debate then you are a piss poor example of being an American.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So, someone who doesn't feel any freedom should be taken away is a bad American?  Because if more Americans were like him, I imagine you'd have a much better name internationally.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard