GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
honestly why?  there are nearly 200 other nations in the world, yet all I read about is "America this"  America that"  mostly from non-Americans.  Whats with the infactuation of all things USA
remo
+20|6569
Is it really that surprising?  The U.S. is the one-ton behemoth in a world of 100-pounders.  And we like to swing our weight around ...

When someone is on top there is always ten people wanting to take them down a notch.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6675|The Lou
yes, i agree. i dont see anything about canada. lol just kidding. but i do agree.
oStoneRo
+9|6633
people are jealous....
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6585|Houston, TX
I really don't like our country that much, sorry, but the truth is we are full of ourselves and think we're perfect and everything we do is right...huge lie.  If the crap hits the fan I'm moving to New Zealand.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

k1LLr_M wrote:

I really don't like our country that much, sorry, but the truth is we are full of ourselves and think we're perfect and everything we do is right...huge lie.  If the crap hits the fan I'm moving to New Zealand.
why wait till it hits the fan.  Quit taking advantage of being a citizen and leave right now.
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6585|Houston, TX
true...it already sorta has hit the fan hasn't it?
btw I'm not quite old enough to move out of the house...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
not quite old enough to have seen how the rest of the world is either my young apprentice.
Cpt.Crambone
+4|6656|Chi-town, USA

k1LLr_M wrote:

Ignorance is bliss!  I recognize that the US is infallible.  However, to think that the rest of the world is better/guilt free is preposterous.  Do a little research on ANY other country out there and they've got dirt a' plenty.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
I think it was because of the movie everyone watched.. "Team America"

Just kidding. Because we are supposedly the big boss or the superpower if you will. WE are the bully of all nations. Think about it -- whos comes to the rescue if another nation is in turmoil, who comes to the rescue when a natural disaster happened. But yet who comes to our rescue when Katrina hit? People want our loyalty but they dont want to give it back. Basically someone from Vietnam War told me "The reason everyone hates us is because of the freedom our people have" -- in another sentence he said "we have the freedom of religion and many countries despise that"  Hmm. Makes me wonder and think to myself that I am proud to be an American.
Capt. Foley
+155|6580|Allentown, PA, USA
Because as long as they enjoy being assholes towards us, even after we pracitcly SAVED THEM from speaking German and Japanize. Wait, not practicly, we did save them, of course they helped but we did almost the entire retaking of the Pacific and Lent HUGE amounts of supplies to other countries for the war in Europe.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA
We have waged a questionable war for 5 years now against the wishes of many of our allies and the UN. That has NOTHING to do with it Im sure.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

We have waged a questionable war for 5 years now against the wishes of many of our allies and the UN. That has NOTHING to do with it Im sure.
so you are saying that if had not waged war in iraq, we would be just as insignifacant in the world stage as any other economic superpower?  no no no thats not the answer to my question. 

I try not to talk about the people I dont like, because basically, i got better shit to do with my life.
The first female Canadian soldier died since World War II 3 days ago, and she died in Afghanistan.

That's not about America .
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6574|Brisbane Australia
imdead wrote:

Just kidding. Because we are supposedly the big boss or the superpower if you will. WE are the bully of all nations. Think about it -- who's comes to the rescue if another nation is in turmoil, who comes to the rescue when a natural disaster happened. But yet who comes to our rescue when Katrina hit? People want our loyalty but they don't want to give it back. Basically someone from Vietnam War told me "The reason everyone hates us is because of the freedom our people have" -- in another sentence he said "we have the freedom of religion and many countries despise that"  Hmm. Makes me wonder and think to myself that I am proud to be an American.
When Katrina hit many countries donated what they could to assist. My country was as generous as possible and my workplace alone managed to raise and donate over $250,000 Australian dollars.
During WW! and WW2 Australian troops fought, suffered and died on soil far from their homes and loved ones for reasons and causes they did not know or understand.
My family lost loved ones in both conflicts as well as having my father serve in Vietnam. I myself served in the peacekeeping mission in East Timor and numerous relief efforts after natural disasters.
I have worked many times alongside US troops and whilst we good naturedly "bash" each other I believe we have a great deal of mutual respect and admiration.
In saying that please be careful when you say that the US are always the ones to assist with no return, no loyalty shown toward them, spend some time understanding your allies and understanding what they have been through by themselves and with the US. You do have friends, you do have allies and you do have loyalty.
Whilst the Australian military is small I'm sure if you research the topic you will find our troops and our training is second to none in the world and we take our alliance and world responsibilities very seriously.

After all...I'm proud to be Australian
DaZeD863
+11|6543
everyone hates the big kid on the play ground...

honestly... what country could handle us and come out standing??? god help us and everyone else on the planet if anyone tried.....
Duramen1
+0|6742|wa,usa
thats a wonderful post scud +1 karma

daze your can't really believe that can you?

Last edited by Duramen1 (2006-05-21 20:34:05)

k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6585|Houston, TX

Cpt.Crambone wrote:

k1LLr_M wrote:

Ignorance is bliss!  I recognize that the US is infallible.  However, to think that the rest of the world is better/guilt free is preposterous.  Do a little research on ANY other country out there and they've got dirt a' plenty.
True, it can be said and I believe our country is "better off" than most, but I guess I don't like it mainly because I'm hoping for a utopia that'll never exist...
I just said that as something I would sorta like to do if America really does go downhill...don't get me wrong it's great compared to other countries, I'll probably end up staying in Houston lol.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

The first female Canadian soldier died since World War II 3 days ago, and she died in Afghanistan.

That's not about America .
and it is a loss to all coalition troops, not just canada.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

SCUD1974 wrote:

imdead wrote:

Just kidding. Because we are supposedly the big boss or the superpower if you will. WE are the bully of all nations. Think about it -- who's comes to the rescue if another nation is in turmoil, who comes to the rescue when a natural disaster happened. But yet who comes to our rescue when Katrina hit? People want our loyalty but they don't want to give it back. Basically someone from Vietnam War told me "The reason everyone hates us is because of the freedom our people have" -- in another sentence he said "we have the freedom of religion and many countries despise that"  Hmm. Makes me wonder and think to myself that I am proud to be an American.
When Katrina hit many countries donated what they could to assist. My country was as generous as possible and my workplace alone managed to raise and donate over $250,000 Australian dollars.
During WW! and WW2 Australian troops fought, suffered and died on soil far from their homes and loved ones for reasons and causes they did not know or understand.
My family lost loved ones in both conflicts as well as having my father serve in Vietnam. I myself served in the peacekeeping mission in East Timor and numerous relief efforts after natural disasters.
I have worked many times alongside US troops and whilst we good naturedly "bash" each other I believe we have a great deal of mutual respect and admiration.
In saying that please be careful when you say that the US are always the ones to assist with no return, no loyalty shown toward them, spend some time understanding your allies and understanding what they have been through by themselves and with the US. You do have friends, you do have allies and you do have loyalty.
Whilst the Australian military is small I'm sure if you research the topic you will find our troops and our training is second to none in the world and we take our alliance and world responsibilities very seriously.

After all...I'm proud to be Australian
Australia is another outstanding historical ally of the US.  More so than most countries.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

so you are saying that if had not waged war in iraq, we would be just as insignifacant in the world stage as any other economic superpower?  no no no thats not the answer to my question. 

I try not to talk about the people I dont like, because basically, i got better shit to do with my life.
No no no...not what I meant. We will forever be a force on the world stage. You are changing your question now.

You asked why the rest of the world is infatuated with us. Prior 9-11, you wouldn't have said that.  Everyone around the world saw the towers fall and said "Oh shit". Because the last terrorist  attack on  US soil ended up in Atomic explosions. So what is the rest of the world to expect when the behemoth mother named US with its divine right to hold the most nuclear weapons on the planet, is struck in its heart? They wait and see what happens.

We overthrow the Taliban in Afgahnistan (The biggest blow we have thrown to Al Qaeda yet)Then..........we go..................to.....................
hmmmmmmmmmm......IRAQ!!!!

9-11 got the world talking...

Our administrations actions on the world stage afterward is what has made them infatuated with us. Because they are wondering what the fuck we are doing. Which is what alot of Americans think whether you want to believe it or not. And that doesn't make me any less of a patriot saying that.

Any ways....Lets say the front page of the New York Times or Washington Post were blessed with the headline:

"New President elected in Mozambique!!!" you would say "who the fuck cares!?"
BVC
+325|6687

imdead wrote:

Just kidding. Because we are supposedly the big boss or the superpower if you will. WE are the bully of all nations. Think about it -- whos comes to the rescue if another nation is in turmoil, who comes to the rescue when a natural disaster happened. But yet who comes to our rescue when Katrina hit? People want our loyalty but they dont want to give it back. Basically someone from Vietnam War told me "The reason everyone hates us is because of the freedom our people have" -- in another sentence he said "we have the freedom of religion and many countries despise that"  Hmm. Makes me wonder and think to myself that I am proud to be an American.
The reason nobody came to the US's aid when Katrina hit was because every other nation assumed it was more than capable of taking care of it itself.  Then a few days later we saw on TV that nothing was being done, and saw a bunch of people blaming a bunch of other people for it.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
the United States DID receive aid from several countries.  Not excluding a medical company from the mexican army that requested to help and was allowed access to cross the border. In fact, I believe a majority of the nations that were hit by that terrible typhoon on christmas in 2004 did indeed send aid, fincancial and humanitarian.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the United States DID receive aid from several countries.  Not excluding a medical company from the mexican army that requested to help and was allowed access to cross the border. In fact, I believe a majority of the nations that were hit by that terrible typhoon on christmas in 2004 did indeed send aid, fincancial and humanitarian.
And now half the money is "missing" from the Red Cross books.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/28/katri … index.html

Americans helping Americans. Always nice.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
one of the greatest things about our country is that our mistakes only usually last 4 years and will (hopefully) never go passed 8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard