Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
There is no figure in the bf2 weapons wiki that represents the speed at which accuracy is acquired once somebody stops moving, however, the moving crosshairs close at different rates for different weapons suggesting that some weapons require less "waiting" before shooting to use their full accuracy. Does anybody know if this is a fact that dif. weapons get their accuracy faster (like SMGs, carbines, and pistols) than others (like LMGs)? Just going by accuracy, power and clip size, the PKM should be everyones favorite weapon, but I still prefer assault rifles, carbines and SMGs to the LMGs because it always seems like you have to wait just a tad longer before shooting if you want full accuracy when using an LMG. It also seems like this is what makes the L96 better than the other sniper rifles--you can instantly shoot and you still get accuracy. I know that Rainbow six used to work this way and you could see it in the movement of the crosshairs but i dont know about bf2.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy? And if its true, are there numbers anywhere?

Last edited by Marinejuana (2006-05-21 14:01:32)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England
of course you are...

good idea tho, but i wouldnt find it that useful personaly

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-05-21 14:02:22)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
If you look at the wiki, it seems like lots of weapons are largely identical, and yet people in this community swear by different ones as if they are empirically different.

I am just curious if an unknown variable such as "weapon speed," as I am putting it, would account for the differences we see between weapons that otherwise are a lot alike.

It would probably be useful to anyone that reads the weapons wiki in search of how to fit different weapons to their playing style.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2006-05-21 14:08:27)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England
i spose your right, it would be there, as some weapons IRL would take more time than others to allign and get a good aim. the pkm would be one of the longest, as its quite big, and pistol the shortest. But does the weapon speed vary on your position (standing, crouch, prone)?
Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
if we ONLY KNEW!!!
tip700
+9|6641
the most detailed info on weapons i believe can be found here http://shormanm.home.mchsi.com/weapon-chart-1.22.JPG
Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
Cool link, +1 for you.

"Time to live"

Is this the statistic I was referring to? If it is then its a little instructive. A half second is required for full accuracy with the fast weapons and a full second is required for the slow weapons. I am NOT mistaking this for draw time, but maybe "time to live" does something other than what im talking about.

1 superfast(0.15): dao and pump shotties

2 in between(0.3): pistol

3 fast(0.5): ak101, 47, m16, L85, g3, mp5, pp-19, type 85, M4, QBZ-97, AK-74U, hk53, g36c

4 SLOW(1.0): all support and sniper weapons, the scar H, the F2000, FAMAS, G36E, P90, Jackhammer, MP7, G36K, SCAR-L

"bullet velocity" is identical for every weapon except LMGs that are HALF as fast. You can really see this in game.

"deviation added for moving/strafe"

This would account for why the M24 and L96 are so awesome. The M95 gets 1.5 dev. while moving but the m24 and L96 get .2. For that matter the only weapons less accurate than .2 while moving (other than m95, the worst in the game by a long shot) are the l85 and ak101 (.25) g3, type 88, SVD, dao, and pump shotties (.5),  the l85 and all submachineguns(.3),

I still am not seeing any number that represents the time it takes for accuracy to accumulate once someone stops unless it is "time to live."

The combination of deviation while moving and time to live would make the M16, Ak47, and spec ops weapons (other than the scar L) the fastest weapons in the game (barring shotties). The fact that the ak47 and m16 deliver damage faster than spec ops weapons means the m16 and ak47 are the fastest for kills unless you headshot efficiently. The bursts come slow from the m16 tho and the ak47 isnt that accurate so all in all the weapons remain fairly balanced in their weird ways.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6695|Middle of nowhere
yeah, i have noticed that... although, i only notice when i'm in a firefight... so it seems like a hell of a lot longer than (.25) sec....
<b|k> lukie
+7|6739|Germany
I think "relaxation time" is the right word. In DC you could really see the deviation while moving perfectly because of the crosshair size.

This "relaxation time" would be really important for sniper rifles: Do we have to wait 1 second before firing, or not?

Last edited by <b|k> lukie (2006-05-21 16:46:30)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
if thats what "time to live" is, then yes, max accuracy at 1 second. But the accuracy while moving is still good on the m24 and L96 so you dont have to wait with those. Sounds like stopping is REALLY important for the m95,  i dont know how important the one second wait is.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6573|Kent, UK
tis ok, because it takes more than a second for you to right click, get the scope up and aim your target up as a sniper anyway
Defiance
+438|6688

"Time to live" is how long it takes to "remove the weapon from the holster"

It's the same thing as draw time, but it different words.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6644|Warlord

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

tis ok, because it takes more than a second for you to right click, get the scope up and aim your target up as a sniper anyway
That depends on the person doesn't it? When I'm on the ball it takes a lot less than one second and there are many people with better reflexes and aim than I have.
Chickenpuppy
+-2|6622
Pistol is best weapon in game.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
the numbers dont lie.... pistol is best!!! Too bad it barely does any damage, i have to give myself carpal tunnel tapping the mouse when i use it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard