Double-0-Kills
+1|6841
Everyone knows that El Alamein was the BEST WWII map of BF 1942 / DC - EA BLEW IT ON that one.

WHICH WWII MAP WOULD YOU HAVE WANTED?
Rakasan
+7|6835|California, USA
Not a WWII map, but Lost Village from DC.  Karkand seems to be the LV in BF2, alot of 24/7 servers, lol.
Double-0-Kills
+1|6841
yea - Lost village was good - but I would have CERTAINLY taken El Alamein over Lost Village in a heartbeat.
dr4gonman
+0|6806
Wake would not have been my first choice of maps from 1942/DC to add in.  Gazala would have been up there on the list.  That bomber map (I never can remember it's name) from 1942 would have been better than Wake.  What's the point of all that ocean without naval warfare.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811
El Al would be cool. The docks map and LV in DC would be awesome too. Easting would kick ass... and NFZ
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6792|Canberra, Australia
I wonder what an Omaha beach one would be like with Helicoptor support and speed boats....
The_Truth_16
+0|6787
karkand is the genious map for BF2 as was El alamein and Wake and Bocage and A Million others lol for BF1942

bf2 needs more maps Karkand is the best one and maybe sharqi

I wouldve liked to see Gazala That map was just great
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811
I think China should move North into Siberia, getting the Russians and some of Western Europe involved. Germany would be awesome!!

China vs Russia would be awesome too.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

nah, Wake is fine with me. I love that infantry fighting along the beaches. Not much flanking, just go prone and fire...

But I am also pretty sure the community is going to make more custom maps anyway
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6779|Alabama Coast, USA

The_Truth_16 wrote:

I agree...  that's why I like 24/7 Kark/Sharq servers... no lame foggy maps that you can't wait to be over.

Of course... now that I've got a joystick again, any map with an LHA parked offshore is looking pretty good.  The only thing that befuddles me is why a Navy ship spawns an Army hilo...  being USMC, they ought to use a CH-53 or CH-46...  afaik, USMC has no H-60 variants, and if they were borrowing a Navy bird, it'd be the CH-60 Sea Hawk.  Of course... I don't think Marines use tanks either, lol.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6784|Bulgaria
Well, from BF1942 my favorite maps were Omaha beach and Aberdeen!! Great maps!
But I am happy with Wake, it is a good one!
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6822|St. Louis, MO
WAKE was a shitty choice.MIDWAY would have been nice.I miss the naval battles.
Double-0-Kills
+1|6841
What's really funny is that BFV - has almost no following - but BF1942 still is going fairly strong, probably will for some time.  I'm looking at re-installing it for the true joy of those maps - WWII was some of the BEST warfare of modern history (in terms of battles - seeing as how no war is all that great).

I hope to see another major WW2 release in the BF line - it won't get any better than that, it's a time when ground troop warfare was still used - it won't be beat, but modern stuff isn't all bad - it's just that BF1942 will always be the best (more than likely).
Croak
+11|6803|San Marcos, CA

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

The_Truth_16 wrote:

I agree...  that's why I like 24/7 Kark/Sharq servers... no lame foggy maps that you can't wait to be over.

Of course... now that I've got a joystick again, any map with an LHA parked offshore is looking pretty good.  The only thing that befuddles me is why a Navy ship spawns an Army hilo...  being USMC, they ought to use a CH-53 or CH-46...  afaik, USMC has no H-60 variants, and if they were borrowing a Navy bird, it'd be the CH-60 Sea Hawk.  Of course... I don't think Marines use tanks either, lol.
You're right about the helo models (and don't forget they still use the Huey), but the Corps damn sure uses tanks.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831
It's funny. EVERYONE is mentioning maps that  are available for download.
Al Khafji Docks
El Alamein
Lost Village
Omaha Beach
and 73 Easting is being worked on. it may be out, I haven't checked.
I'm pretty sure Gazala will be out soon.

Ofcourse, they aren't ranked, but you know, I have downloaded those maps, and I have more fun playing and not worrying about my stats than I ever have on BF2.. on rankedservers, everytime I get killed I'm like "WTF no way" when in reality, there is a way I got killed. but the stats brings out the monster in me. very competitive in my games. but when I'm in unranked, I just brush it off.. I'm like "haha, c'mon spawn, I wanna play more" though ranks are cool and awesome, in a way it just took away from the fun of BF games. I remember in 1942 being known for your skill and not how many ribbons and badges you have. like Broggi or elektric(before he was removed) ar eknown for their stats and hours played.. nobody really knows how sucky or how awesome they are... and they probably just suck. but anyways.. [/rant]

dr4gonman- Bomber map? Bocage maybe?

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-10-12 07:55:44)

McCullough
+7|6836
I miss Tobruk. El Alamein was a dogfight map. Gazala in BF2 is called Fushe pass.
They should have added Tobruk instead of Wake.  Thje greatest map of all time.
ArkAng37
+1|6843|San Antonio, TX

Rakasan wrote:

Not a WWII map, but Lost Village from DC.
Best map ever!
Dodger6500
+0|6777
BF2 has no large tank warfare maps. Name a map with more than a few tanks on it?

What it needs is Desert Shield from DC. Or El Al, but they'll probably save that for the add-on.

Last edited by Dodger6500 (2005-10-12 04:44:30)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
How about no land vehicles.

Make a water way map of nothing but bridges and water ways. Wetlands, swamps, a river delta.. whatever.
Or an urban map like Venice and have nothing but boats.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Bwspecial
+2|6820
I would like to see Stalingrad.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6845
I would like to see a map with the only vehicles being dune buggys, and only a few of them at most, a close map with 90% pure infantry fighting, the dune buggies would just be used for circling the outside of the map and such.
Donnyboy
+1|6784
Berlin and Kursk could be sweet, especially with arty.

Last edited by Donnyboy (2005-10-12 07:10:32)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831

Dodger6500 wrote:

BF2 has no large tank warfare maps. Name a map with more than a few tanks on it?

What it needs is Desert Shield from DC. Or El Al, but they'll probably save that for the add-on.
73 Easting will be a HUGE tank map.
Preview of it:
http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/fil … e_id=63757

Here's Berlin
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/BF2_Berlin;48406

Al Khafji Docks
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ … ocks;45974

El Al
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ … mein;47553
there is another one "El Alamein XXL" which has less fog.. and *may* be bigger.. not sure though.. I only have the one I linked.. and it's good!

Omaha Beach
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ … each;48142
****VERY DIFFERENT THAN 1942!!!

LOST VILLAGE
http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/files/fil … e_id=48738

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-10-12 07:55:27)

CplClarkUSMC
Semper Fidelis
+0|6770

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

Of course... I don't think Marines use tanks either, lol.
Yea we do.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
Battle of Britain...cool because you had an objective. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard