Presul
+12|6651|With my rifle, where else?
I remember when they put punkbuster in bf1942 and it degraded performance. If you had a choice would you get rid of punkbuster if you KNEW you could get a better performance/faster map loading/whatever and just take the risk? Admins could always kick suspecious people...
[R3n]izzy
+1|6635|norway
every play BHD?
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6582|Gainesville, FL
in a heartbeat
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6610|Sydney, Australia

Presul wrote:

I remember when they put punkbuster in bf1942 and it degraded performance. If you had a choice would you get rid of punkbuster if you KNEW you could get a better performance/faster map loading/whatever and just take the risk? Admins could always kick suspecious people...
noob think of all the hackers that would be comming in that is why css is shit now. you stupid fucking noob get back under fucking rock
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6590|Melbourne, Australia.

{A.K.A}LordBeefman wrote:

Presul wrote:

noob think of all the hackers that would be comming in that is why css is shit now. you stupid fucking noob get back under fucking rock
Wow, torrets syndrome?

No I wouldn't get rid of it, ive played in game like css which is flooded with hackers. no fun at all.
Ditsch
Need another Monster
+3|6602|Chandler, Arizona
Get rid of it for a better anti-cheat system
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6665|Brisbane, Australia

Depends, mabey admins of servers could chose to have certain things of PB off, like turning off HD checks, but leaving PB Screens,

You would only do that if your server had loads of admins, just get the admin to follow, (1st person spectate) the player, and if he seems suspicious(sp?) you could take a PB screen to get final proof!

What I dont get about hacks is, even though is on a server, doesnt PB pick up client hooks?

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-05-21 00:25:25)

Username II
+3|6642
Surely it's best to not have it on a LAN...but the internet is full of cheaters. I have been harassed by PB many times (outdated client, settings out of range, general crappy errors) but do you want a fair game?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6665|Brisbane, Australia

PB Screens ftw!

If an admin decides to take one of you, it takes a picture of your current screen, not if they were spectating, but an ACTUAL screen direct from your computer, try to spoof it and get a global hardware ban, which means, you now need to get some new hardware (Not sure which) as well as a new CD key

I dont really mind having it there, thank god its not CS!
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6610|Sydney, Australia
the ones who want to get rid of pb go hack somewhere else u noobs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard