FriiginChomper
+41|6711
i feel and i know lots of other people feel like the purple heart is a bad award to get, because of its 4:1 Death/Kill ratio. Well since EA may change alot of other awards maybe they should change the purple heart to become an award that is worth something.

I think they should change the purple heart from a 4:1 death/kill ratio to a 4:1 Kill/Death ratio, to make it a good award.

what do you guys think?

**//i searched and there wasn't a topic like this, and i spell checked : )\\**
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6603|Houston, TX
lol...purple heart is awarded to injured people it wouldn't make sense if they gave it to people for p00ning
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6738|USA
its simple. dnt get a 4:1 and u wont get it
FriiginChomper
+41|6711

k1LLr_M wrote:

lol...purple heart is awarded to injured people it wouldn't make sense if they gave it to people for p00ning
yeah, i guess not but it might be a way to get people to like the medal, you got me there though.
kkolodsick
+14|6676

FriiginChomper wrote:

i feel and i know lots of other people feel like the purple heart is a bad award to get, because of its 4:1 Death/Kill ratio. Well since EA may change alot of other awards maybe they should change the purple heart to become an award that is worth something.

I think they should change the purple heart from a 4:1 death/kill ratio to a 4:1 Kill/Death ratio, to make it a good award.

what do you guys think?

I think NO, like the other guy said, it's an award for being wounded, therefore it serves its purpose.

I happen to be the proud owner of 2
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6768|Rotherham, England
i think most peeps got it when they first started playing. Probablt on karkand getting spawn raped by an apc or something. I got mine going for a knife badge (cant remember which one- have them all anyway)
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6591|Eastern USA
I got it at the beginning of a round, 5:20. Ended the round with 32:28. Dont see why people think this is such a bad thing..
Capt. Foley
+155|6597|Allentown, PA, USA
I got mine going for basic knife, I ended with 30 deaths and 6 kills(3 of those kills where from the M16 in the last few seconds when I decided fuck it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6715|Antarctica
Maybe it should be "die X amount of times IAR" or "die X amount of times in such-and-such time limit".
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

FriiginChomper wrote:

what do you guys think?

Do you even know what the purple heart is?

"The Purple Heart differs from all other decorations in that an individual is not "recommended" for the decoration; rather he or she is entitled upon being killed or wounded in a manner meeting the specific criteria of AR 600-8-22"

Urgh. Please.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6628|Manitowoc, WI
the purple heart (in BF2)  isnt meant to be liked.  it is something to strive NOT to get.  they rnt going to change it for people to try and get because that isnt what it is intended for.  its like the achievement in DOA4 for the 360 that you dont want to get (if that means anything to you)
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6682|Colorado
what spark said...
jnick
+22|6791
Yeah, going for expert knife definitely makes the purple heart easy to get .

Last edited by jnick (2006-05-20 23:02:25)

[R3n]izzy
+1|6636|norway
well in the end every one will get it, you know looking at you're stat's and seeing an empty place...
and as for expert knie easy just find a server running 1.0 > 1.13 dead easy same for expert C4.
but they should change it to like 1:10 that sort of ting so you can say with pride " ya i had a bad day, but i had it with style"
FriiginChomper
+41|6711
i found expert knife pretty easy, i got it on wake. and i got the purple heart by getting spawn camped in armor at karkand when i was a corpral and didnt know better. but at least i only have one.

ok the purple heart thing was a bad idea, and i like veng3nce^'s idea better. thanks for no negative karma though guys : D

Last edited by FriiginChomper (2006-05-20 23:28:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard