Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6772|Nova Scotia, Canada

Great post!

I even wiki'ed it it was so good!   
l41e
+677|6646

I now have a shortcut that automatically logs me in and puts me on BF2S EU. Thanks liquidat0r.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

Prodie wrote:

Great post!

Wow! thanks!

k30dxedle wrote:

I now have a shortcut that automatically logs me in and puts me on BF2S EU. Thanks liquidat0r.
Your welcome
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6705|NL
Do NOT change your menu music. I just did it and I'm not able not play on any server with punk buster enabled. Even putting back the backup that I made has no positive effect.

I'm now just going to download the big patch and reïnstalling bf2.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

Poncho wrote:

Do NOT change your menu music. I just did it and I'm not able not play on any server with punk buster enabled. Even putting back the backup that I made has no positive effect.

I'm now just going to download the big patch and reïnstalling bf2.
yeh, u didn't give me a chance to get back to you. I had a mod work out who you were (through karma) but u have gone offline. I'm really sorry!

Also:

liquidat0r wrote:

Note for the following two tips: Punkbuster no longer likes you modifying your Objects_Client.zip file in anyway shape or form. I do not recommend doing this to your BF2 game any longer. However, if you have made a custom mod then this could be used in their
On a happier note: Check the newest tip! Changing your account details!

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-24 10:34:11)

Poncho
+91|6705|NL

liquidat0r wrote:

I had a mod work out who you were (through karma)
Oh, illegal business! lol, can you really do that with a mod?

Anyway, it is not such big of problem to me because Bf2 was doing strange lately and I hope with this fresh reïnstal the problems will be over.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6772|Nova Scotia, Canada

Poncho wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

I had a mod work out who you were (through karma)
Oh, illegal business! lol, can you really do that with a mod?
Mods see all, know all, and in this case tell a little!
Poncho
+91|6705|NL

Prodie wrote:

lol, my bad. I read it wrong. I thought that he could see that with a tool like a mod. But he ment that a mod looked it up for him.

Ok, problem solved.
[KS66]wizziess
+3|6841
nice post man +1 from me
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

Poncho wrote:

Prodie wrote:

lol, my bad. I read it wrong. I thought that he could see that with a tool like a mod. But he ment that a mod looked it up for him.

Ok, problem solved.
and i hope you took into account my other tips: ('bf2 system restore' and 'multiple versions')
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6775|Long Island
fist of all, +1 for u liquidat0r

next (the problem)

I decided to try to implement my own music for the menu music as well by doing the same process, only with menu_music.ogg

well, when i get to the main menu, i get no sound.

then, when i put the backup i made back (original), it works normally.  Know how to make this work?

I didn't try the loading ones yet, i will now and let u know if it works.

-----EDIT-----

Yea, the loading music doesnt work either.  Know what i am doing wrong?

1. got audicity
2. got the plugin.  followed instructions on that site to install the plugin
3. opened the .mp3 file
4. hit extract as ogg
5. named it the corresponding name to the bf2 files.
6. moved it into the folder

what did i do wrong?

Last edited by Slickdawg8 (2006-06-24 19:51:30)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

Slickdawg8 wrote:

fist of all, +1 for u liquidat0r

next (the problem)

I decided to try to implement my own music for the menu music as well by doing the same process, only with menu_music.ogg

well, when i get to the main menu, i get no sound.

then, when i put the backup i made back (original), it works normally.  Know how to make this work?

I didn't try the loading ones yet, i will now and let u know if it works.

-----EDIT-----

Yea, the loading music doesnt work either.  Know what i am doing wrong?

1. got audicity
2. got the plugin.  followed instructions on that site to install the plugin
3. opened the .mp3 file
4. hit extract as ogg
5. named it the corresponding name to the bf2 files.
6. moved it into the folder

what did i do wrong?
I have now removed this tip. It works but it causes problems with punkbuster. Which, by the way, i stated in big bold text.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6775|Long Island
Yea, i learned the hard way when i had to reinstall the game because of getting kicked out for "modified content" It must have been cool back when it lasted
l41e
+677|6646

Ok, my shortcut isn't working. Every time I use it it starts up BF2 fine, logs me in fine, but then gives me the "unable to connect to server" error. Then, when I put the IP in...it's fine. Here's the shortcut, hopefully someone can tell me what I did wrong.

"F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +playerName k30dxedle +playerPassword [not telling you] +joinServer 84.244.130.169:16567

(yes, it's supposed to be F:\. if you want to know don't ask me, ask Windows.)
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
@ k30dxedle. I have found a fix

Having got the same error message you received i did some investigating. I have discovered that you need to separate the IP address from the port and add a "+port" command. So your shortcut should look like this:

"F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playerName k30dxedle +playerPassword [not telling you] +joinServer 84.244.130.169 +port 16567

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-25 16:03:48)

Maxwelbr
+21|6512
....u guys read that whole thing??? i got to about the second word then i scrolled down so i didn't have to read the essay thing.  man, u guys write more on here than i did for my essays....

but yes....the crowd seems to like the tips, so gj mate, great tips, plus 1 karma for u lolz
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6565
+1 for sheer amount of text
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6674
For all you guys having loading music trouble: look here

The game only allows a certain type of .ogg file.

Nice guide liquidator - thanks for putting my file in there . +1 for you.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-06-28 18:34:59)

nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6625|The Netherlands
in a earlyer version were standing how to make a direct login for a mod
can you tell how it is done.
pm me plz
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

niekjejeje wrote:

in a earlyer version were standing how to make a direct login for a mod
can you tell how it is done.
pm me plz
i think i understand your question... see PM i sent
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

xstax981 wrote:

For all you guys having loading music trouble: look here

The game only allows a certain type of .ogg file.
I tried the process in this link. It works, i get my custom loading music ok, but as i am about to click 'join game' the error message appears... "This server only allows players with unmodified content to join, please revert your game back to its original state"

Luckily i made a backup...

So, this works fine but it does not work with punkbuster
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6737
Ok here is my problem, I recently formatted my HD and reinstalled Windows. Then I reinstalled BF2 with SF and it worked, patched to 1.3 and here is where i made my mistake, Instead of backing up the Whole battlefield 2 file,  I backed up the bf2 mod folder misreading the instructions. So then i installed #2 Beta ( I never used #1) thinking i did it right. I was playing #2 and i decided i wanted to go back to 1.3, i copied the mod files (which i mistakenly made the back up of) back inot the mod folder and irelaize it didn't work, i wondered why and reread the instructions said the whold Battlefield 2 folder and not just the mod. So I'm thinking okay, 30-60 min. uninstall and reinstalling. I uninstall smoothly, not deleting profiles for i knew i was installing back. Install BF2 back without a hitch, but when I install SF right after rebooting it says patching failed and just shuts down the installer. So I'm like OK BF2 acting weird again, not different. Uninstall BF2 again and reinstall, same thing without a hitch, but again same problem with SF. Anyone  have any ideas?

Edit: I fixed it, you need to restart after uninstalling then it works. My bad for not trying first.

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2006-07-30 18:52:35)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

SnobbyBoss wrote:

you need to restart after uninstalling then it works.
duh
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6737

liquidat0r wrote:

SnobbyBoss wrote:

you need to restart after uninstalling then it works.
duh
Sorry, I usually don't restart unless it tells me to. And i found out it helps to restart at every stage. like this

1) Uninstall BF2
2) Restart
3) Install BF2
4) Restart
5) Install SF
6) Restart
7) Patch using full version of 1.3
8) Copy the whole Battlefield 2 Folder under EA GAMES
9) Restart
10) Patch to #2 Beta for the most up to date version.
hilltop2bit
+9|6574|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!

Prodie wrote:

Great post!

Very good post with lotz good info.. :[)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard