sealAnubis
+0|6765
Well i was looking over my stats yesterday and i decided i would go and earn my basic transport and basic air defense badge. Only 10 and 5 minutes in vehicle shouldnt be so hard i thought. So off i went.

Then, once in the server, i drove in a transport around a bit. Doing some killing in mounted machine on the way.
I been driving around almost the entire map (about 40 minutes) but no basic transport. So next map i timed it. And once again when i hit the 10 minutes cap no transport badge. I drove around some more shooting people from the mounted machine gun on the vehicle and then suddenly it said i had earned it. So i was very happy off course. But it means the info on this site isnt correct anymore it seems. I am guessing: 10 minutes + 5 kills. Is that possible? Same goes for air defense. I been in AA vehicle for about 15 minutes (timed that one too :d) but no badge.

Butthen, the piece i dont like. The same day and even the day after the basic transport badge didnt show up in my stats. Although i DID earn it. Usually when its not there today it will be tomorrow, but in this case: nothing, nada, njet, ...

Very weird. Anybody else has some comments on this?
Chanquad
+-1|6780|Sweden
You have to have passangers in the car when you drive it in order to get transport badge. Mabye someone took a ride with you?
Cut Throat
+-1|6779|Gold Coast,Australia
i got my transport badge by sitting in one spot in the mg gun without a mate as he got kicked for idle so i just sat there and shot to keep me from getting autokicked, don't know how long i sat there (around 10 minutes) without killing anyone
Chard
+1|6824|Christchurch, New Zealand
when i went i went for my tow badge it said 5 mins on a tow so i sat on it and 5 mins came and went but I diddnt get the badge (I was timing) after about 7 mins i jumped off the tow and got it, Did you get it when you jumped out of the car?
sealAnubis
+0|6765
Hmmm passengers? I didnt take passengers. But i did kill a few people from the machine gun mounted on it. But i never had any passengers with me. I was just driving around most of the time to keep away from enemy tanks

About the air defense then. I never left the vehicle unless i got killed by a tank, C4 or heli (on which i stopped the timer ). I just drove around, occasionally stopping to try and shoot down some planes and heli's.

Another remark i want to make. Did you guys get the badge before the 1.03 patch or after it?

But anyway, i definetely gonna try the stuff said here about the transport. The only problem is that nobody ever stays 10 minutes or more in a transport so i will have to ask them then. :p But i still think it is weird that it showed up on my screen but it is nowhere to be found afterwards????

Last edited by sealAnubis (2005-10-11 14:21:44)

r00fus
+2|6784
i got my basic transport by going into a server, getting in a jeep and then going to sleep.  when i awoke, i had my badge.
addict10n
+1|6770
I was commander, jumped in a van at Karkand, commanded the troops and here comes the badge. Simple enough.
sealAnubis
+0|6765
Ok now i am really pissed off!!! I went into a server this morning in the hopes of getting my basic transport and air defense badge.

So i start and take the AA vehicle. Allthough i was commander I drove around, killed some enemies, and then suddenly it appeared: "You have been awarded the basic air defense badge". So i lose the AA vehicle and jumped into a transport. Again, i drove around, killing enemies along the way, etc.... Then after a while it said on my screen: "You have been awarded the basic transport badge". So i was very happy off course. I played two more rounds and when i disconnected eventually i went to BFHQ but........ nothing there!!!!!

So i took a look on this site next, again nothing. At first i was very confident that it would come later but nope. Almost 12 hours later still nothing. I just played on another server where i got the "Distinguished Service Ribbon". And this did appear in my BFHQ stats right away. Thats the third time i was awarded basic transport and still it doesnt show up in my stats. This is really starting to piss me off.
MattCicioni
+1|6821|Arizona

r00fus wrote:

i got my basic transport by going into a server, getting in a jeep and then going to sleep.  when i awoke, i had my badge.
Are you kidding?  That's funny if it's true.. LOL.
sealAnubis
+0|6765
Guess what i finally got: basic transport and basic air defense!

I got it in an official german EA server. Worked just fine. 30 seconds after i earned it it was in my stats.
But i want to add this: never play on EA europe official servers when youy want to get some badges etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard