Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6844
Sometimes I have the is problem very frequently, other times not for days.

But basically, I'm trying to spawn at a check point, and I click it, then hit ok, and I dont spawn. I do this over and over about 5-6 times before I actually spawn, and yes my counter is at 0 the whole time, and the base is not under attack. Frustrating as hell.

Another problem. Sometimes if I have my server list up for a few minutes, and I hit update, it comes up blank. Stays blank, even after I log out and back in again. I have to close the game and restart it for servers to show up again.

Sound problem. I have the rarely, but its very annoying. My sound starts cracking and screeching , and then totally goes silent. Sometimes the sound will come back after a few minutes, sometimes not.

Any ideas or help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6871|San Francisco

The sound issue sounds rather specific to you, at least I haven't seen or heard of it before. Not sure what to tell you on this one, perhaps making sure you are on the latest drivers for your sound card...

Both the spawn issue and the server list issue are very well known and are not specific to your computer. God only knows why DICE/EA decided not to fix these recurring and 'simple' bugs that have been around for awhile now. Write them a nasty letter asking them to fix these problems, perhaps they will actually listen.
Dizazter
+0|6844

tF-voodoochild wrote:

The sound issue sounds rather specific to you, at least I haven't seen or heard of it before. Not sure what to tell you on this one, perhaps making sure you are on the latest drivers for your sound card...

Both the spawn issue and the server list issue are very well known and are not specific to your computer. God only knows why DICE/EA decided not to fix these recurring and 'simple' bugs that have been around for awhile now. Write them a nasty letter asking them to fix these problems, perhaps they will actually listen.
Good to know they're common problems. I wasnt sucessful in finding the posts using search. I guess I'll line up the 1,000s of others to complain to DICE/EA.
Chard
+1|6855|Christchurch, New Zealand
Ea could really care about the bugs they have in the game the only thing they care about is making money. and breaking things that work.  ie: the mini map it was working fine why did they fuck around with it!!!!!

For the sound try updating the drivers and thet may fix it

Last edited by Chard (2005-10-11 13:45:40)

GearBox^XL
+0|6789|Mesa, AZ
I have found that the "done" button for the spawn point select map is not entirely a button.
If you click directly on the word done it will let you spawn every time, at least for me it does.
Anywhere else on the button and it will just clear your selected spawn point and close the window.
Chard
+1|6855|Christchurch, New Zealand
hahahaha Well just more proof that Ea is gay
Dizazter
+0|6844

GearBox^XL wrote:

I have found that the "done" button for the spawn point select map is not entirely a button.
If you click directly on the word done it will let you spawn every time, at least for me it does.
Anywhere else on the button and it will just clear your selected spawn point and close the window.
Interesting, I'll give that a try.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6794|Canada, Ont
Does it actully Select the Spawn Point...or are you just Clicking it, ...It Displays that the Spawn point is Selected by it getting a White Border...

Anyway...I have had that problem...but then I just go back and click it again and Press Done and it works.

But with my First Statement sometimes the 'Select Spawn Point' is off center and you need to Click around the Circle untill it Selects....yep
LTD_SpikE
+0|6789
The server list error you found, is a very common problem from talking to my squad.  I have found a generic fix for it with out having to reload the game.  I have a server on my fav list that is almost full 100% of the time.  If you try to join a full server, it will disconnect you and then you can update your server list as normal.  This is the only fix I have seen other then reloading the game.

Hope this helps some,

LTD_SpikE_
CBRad929
+1|6808
One interesting thing that I found last night:

Problem:  Couldnt spawn on the Squad Leader, even though he was alive and I had him selected as my spawnpoint.

Solution:  Click on another spawn point, dont click on done, then click on the squad leader again.  Then click on done.  Most of the time this works on the first shot, but sometimes I would have to do it twice or three times.  Better than clicking done 5 or 6 times before it works.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard