TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK

No 1 Gooner wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

90 Euros! That IS mad! That's the price you pay for HD games...
Nintendo Wii games are supposedly releasing with a £30 RRP price..(that's currently about $56)! And that is if they charge FULL price! The Wii just keeps looking better and better...
Does seem like it. they might nip in and kick all their arses! i mean i work and find it hard to afford these games so i cant see how a kid on pocket money or an allowance could afford them,the thing that really bugs me is the trade in price down my local stores,you but em for £50 quid play em for 2 weeks,take em back,they offer you £25 quid for em then put em back on the shelf for £40 as preowned! im getting owned not the game!lol
Lol! Oh well...that's the way it is...I need a 'Wii Supporter' sig...
diglow~Flow
+32|6657|British Columbia, Canada
Thats why i have like 3 games and i mostly use my X360 for a DVD player is makes a good one
diglow~Flow
Wait till Halo 3 comes out then X360's will be selling like MAD!
ATC
+58|6775|...
That nintendo Wii looks pretty cool..
diglow~Flow
yeah its gonna take a bit to get used to the split controller lol... and its good that they made the Disk Drive in the console alittle bigger...
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6603|England
Aaaahhhh Halo 3.....happy days!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK
Yeah...why can't it be out now!?!?!?! Then the PS3 would really be dead...
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6677|Nova Scotia
The upcoming 360 games look pretty damn good.  Most of the current crop of games I've found unimpressive compared to regular xbox even (I don't have a 360, btw, but I play it often enough).
Ghost Recon is pretty good, I just played Friday Night Fight Round 3 or whatever the EA boxing game is, and that is pretty damn impressive.   Anyway, I could go on about the games but whatever.
Nintendo blows.  I haven't though much of Nintendo since SNES.  (I'm not anti-Nintendo, they just suck....prove me wrong, Nintendo! prove me wrong!)
PS3 is going to be quite good, but the price is nauseating...
diglow~Flow
oh i know Halo 2 was pretty wicked online... well Xboxconnect it was and as soon as it hits shelves im buying it
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6693|USA

diglow~Flow wrote:

Wait till Halo 3 comes out then X360's will be selling like MAD!
They better beef it up from Halo 1 & 2. As much as the gaming community sucked Halo's dong for 2 years, overall, it was a 5/10 compared to other FPS. Great graphics......yay

Sony>Microsoft

Nintendo = Atari/Tiger
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6662|USA

TheDarkRaven wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

XBox + Mod Chip + Media Center + 200 games (downloaded off the net) = not bad:)

btw, they just cracked the XBox 360!!!  Woot.
Since that's illegal...
does that mean your going to report him for stat padding??? get his xbox reset?
diglow~Flow
You know the only thing good about the PS3 is the "BlueTooth" link for controllers everything else sucks espcially the Graphics X360 on the other hand "Most powerful GPU on the planet"
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6603|England
Just checked out the nintendo,that looks crazy! have you seen the nun-chuck controler? weird! does anyone know when its out? might have to invest,never had a nintendo before!
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK

Rygar wrote:

The upcoming 360 games look pretty damn good.  Most of the current crop of games I've found unimpressive compared to regular xbox even (I don't have a 360, btw, but I play it often enough).
Ghost Recon is pretty good, I just played Friday Night Fight Round 3 or whatever the EA boxing game is, and that is pretty damn impressive.   Anyway, I could go on about the games but whatever.
Nintendo blows.  I haven't though much of Nintendo since SNES.  (I'm not anti-Nintendo, they just suck....prove me wrong, Nintendo! prove me wrong!)
PS3 is going to be quite good, but the price is nauseating...
Yeah, now they've finally figured out what to do with the 360, it's not too shabby...
The N64 was better than the PS1..so I can't agree with the SNES and after statement (I owned both).
Nintendo will prove you wrong.
The PS3 is worse than the 360, but costs more (and doesn't have Halo) - how can it win?

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2006-05-19 09:12:14)

diglow~Flow
i know there gonna both be the same PS3 and X360 They both are made FROM "IBM". IBM has there mark in both consoles so dont matter to me i spent enough on my x360 not gonna spend anymore lol
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK

No 1 Gooner wrote:

Just checked out the nintendo,that looks crazy! have you seen the nun-chuck controler? weird! does anyone know when its out? might have to invest,never had a nintendo before!
They say before the PS3 (scheduled for November 27)..so I'd say late October/early November for the Wii.
Also, hints suggest that the Wii could cost as little as £120 ($225), but I'd say more like £150 ($280).
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK

diglow~Flow wrote:

i know there gonna both be the same PS3 and X360 They both are made FROM "IBM". IBM has there mark in both consoles so dont matter to me i spent enough on my x360 not gonna spend anymore lol
The Wii also has help from IBM...so who does IBM want to win, anyway?
diglow~Flow
i wonder if there gonna use ATI as there graphics processing Unit like they did on GameCube...
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6693|USA

diglow~Flow wrote:

And both use INFINEON memory....

Nintendo charges to much for 3rd party developers

Microsoft needs to attract 3rd party developers but are to high and mighty to do so.

Sony owns all 3rd party developers

More support for your system, the better it will be, longer it will last, and more happy customers it will make.

Honestly, can you guys say they pushed the origional XBOX as far as it could go? PS2 is STILL putting out quality games. Micro is trying to purge thier XBOX inventory because its useless to compete.

It will be fun to watch. overall the prices need to come down period. All three companies (Nintendo especially) have been raped for the past year. They want to make some of that money up now.

IMO Overall Sony Playstation is King and will remain King. I have played the XBOX 360 extensively.....no thanks. Nintendo has always been the trend setter....the new controller isnt going to save them. Nice novelty.....
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6812

first off, consider that i own xbox and ps2 so i don't have a bias.

consider something about these consoles: it all depends on what games are available for them.  it takes developers about 1-2 years to begin putting out really good games on any console.  its been like this with every console so far.  original xbox had a huge disadvantage early on because they launched late and their games were shit compared to what ps2 was putting out there...HALO really saved them in this regard.  it was only later on that the superiority of the xbox system started to show above the ps2.  some may disagree here but if you own both xbox and ps2 then you'll know that xbox is superior (graphics, speed, hard drive, multimedia capabilities, xbox live).

regarding the xbox 360 vs. ps3 vs. Wii, xbox 360 has a huge headstart in terms of game development.  so short term (1-2 years) this is the system you will want to have.  long term, it will depend on who has the better system (also who sells most consoles cause this attracts developers) to determine who has got the best system.

honestly, nobody knows which is going to be the best console.  for instance the wii looks cool but i find it hard to imagine myself playing Madden on a nintendo system.  we'll see.

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-05-19 09:23:01)

diglow~Flow
thats sweet that there using it again
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6603|England
I agree with you superfly,i own both and there were times(alot)when i bought a game on the xbox and my friend bought the same game on the Ps2 and the xbox was better! and i concur that i will be an advantige for them to have the advanced development time....sod it,i agree with everthing you said! lol
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6655|Birmingham, UK

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

diglow~Flow wrote:

And both use INFINEON memory....

Nintendo charges to much for 3rd party developers

Microsoft needs to attract 3rd party developers but are to high and mighty to do so.

Sony owns all 3rd party developers

More support for your system, the better it will be, longer it will last, and more happy customers it will make.

Honestly, can you guys say they pushed the origional XBOX as far as it could go? PS2 is STILL putting out quality games. Micro is trying to purge thier XBOX inventory because its useless to compete.

It will be fun to watch. overall the prices need to come down period. All three companies (Nintendo especially) have been raped for the past year. They want to make some of that money up now.

IMO Overall Sony Playstation is King and will remain King. I have played the XBOX 360 extensively.....no thanks. Nintendo has always been the trend setter....the new controller isnt going to save them. Nice novelty.....
Well, then. So here we have a typical (sadly without knowledge of who he supports) PlayStation supporter. Not a rare, dying or extinct breed - I can tell you! Anyhow, if it's such a nice 'novelty' why when Sony heard about it did they rush out a far inferior product  (controller) with inferior motion sensor controls so quickly? Becuase they are scared of what it can do, and what it represents - the death of normal gaming (and, inherently, Sony). There really unresponsive and terrible system also has approximately 1 second of lag from movemtn in RealTime to movement in the game! How can gamers live with that? Sony have gone off the rails...they don't know which direction they are heading one day to the next...

EDIT: Also, why are Sony using the (terrible) user interface (menu) for the PS3 as the PSP? And why are they trying to steal XboxLive piece for piece AND hashing that up too? They are too old for the games business...to stuck in their roots...

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2006-05-19 09:28:42)

diglow~Flow
Man i play more xbox and gamecube then PS2...

Last edited by diglow~Flow (2006-05-19 09:27:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard