fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
i earned enough points to be promoted to pfc yesterday, and ive been playing on servers all day trying to actually get this promotion.. yet it hasnt come

Next Rank: Private First Class
Global score: 172 / 150
At your current rate, you should earn 0 in 0.00 days (or 00:00:00 straight).

100%
Next Rank: Lance Corporal
Global score: 172 / 500
At your current rate, you should earn 328 in 4.90 days (or 10:44:48 straight).

34.40%

any ideas on what i should do to make it actually promote me?
fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
ahh yeh and while im here.. how do you actually earn the middle east and far east service ribbons?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

for requirements on badges, ribbons, ranks, etc. check UBAR http://ubar.bf2s.com/

as far as the promotion is concerned, I don't think there is much you can do. lplay on and wait. It will eventually happen, I guess.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6821|Belgium

@ fungus020

It happens,

Just go out on the field, and do some eeny teeny weeny little more killy, fixy, cappy...

And you'll be fine sir.

Cheers

@ B.Schuss

Man, you type faster than my shadow

Last edited by =Robin-Hood= (2005-10-11 09:20:30)

B.Schuss

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

@ fungus020

It happens,

Just go out on the field, and do some eeny teeny weeny little more killy, fixy, cappy...

And you'll be fine sir.

Cheers

@ B.Schuss

Man, you type faster than my shadow
yeah, sorry about the typo. I must remember to lead by example...
fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
hey thanks for the help. i got my promotion actually straight after i posted this... and i got the same promotion again on another server which surprised me abit. im just not sure about the middle east service ribbon because im always playing middle east maps but its not awarded me the ribbon. i know its not anything special to have but i spose i just want my first ribbon
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6821|Belgium

Well,

If you really want your first ribbon...

1 Switch on pc,

2 Log in on a 32 or bigger sized ranked server (preferably one with not to many people, especially one with not the many high ranked people, because they tend to get pissed of for the following, and honestly I can't blame them). Take any map except Karkland (Strike at Karkand) or Sharky Pen-insult-ya (Sharqi Peninsula),

3 Spawn at any airport, look for a plane, and wait a while...

4 If nobody comes along that knows how to use it (this is actually the most important part, otherwise you will, again, possibly and rightly, meet some angry people), jump into the plane.

5 Press W (on a qwerty keyboard) and just keep pressing it. Once your airborne, pull your mouse backwards until the nose of your plane aims at that bright yellow spot in the sky, a.k.a. the sun, and go go go Ikarus.

6 When you reach to certain altitude where your plane starts to do the boogie woogie, and dances all around, let the W button go and press E, for eject. Subsequently hammer your 9 button until that green veil suddenly appears above your head, a.k.a. parachute.

Now go with the flow, and prey that
a) by performing previous procedure you did not leave the battlefield
b) while you are peacefully returning to earth, no other object will visit you on your return and end it untimely.

If all went as described above, listen to your first announcement:

...You've been recommended for an award...

It's without discussion the easiest award in the game, that easy that I wonder, why bother? But then again you wanted an award...

For more technicalities: http://ubar.bf2s.com/ as B.Schuss already pointed out.

Cheers…

Ps.: Honestly, it was one of the first I got, and my strategic approach was not that different of the one described above, everybody has to start somewhere…
fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
nah i was just playing and actually got awarded that ribbon just now for jumping out of helicopters attacking the flag points. but thanks anyway
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6841
It WILL promote you sooner or later! If it doesn't e-mail a complaint to EA.
Scratchy
+0|6776|Adelaide
you know what guys, iv read the wondefully compiled UBAR, and guess what - it says 10 seconds in a single damn round with a parachute to get that bloody ribbon, now as fungus described im CERTAIN that i have spent 10 seconds in a parachute in one round, not all at once though - herein lies my question.  the way robin hood described would mean 10 consecutive seconds, is that what is required here? if not, then i should have it.

I am going insane over this worthless ribbon, everyone i know has it, but i cant get it for the life of me, as you can see in my sig.
thymalus
+0|6779
hmmm  i have over 13000 points for next  rank and it will not update,
Rank 
Next Rank: First Sergeant
Global score: 33,259 / 20,000
At your current rate, you should earn 0 in 0.00 days (or 00:00:00 straight).

100%
Next Rank: Master Gunnery Sergeant
Global score: 33,259 / 50,000
At your current rate, you should earn 16,741 in 39.86 days (or 99:00:21 straight).

66.52%
Next Rank: Sergeant Major
Global score: 33,259 / 50,000
At your current rate, you should earn 16,741 in 39.86 days (or 99:00:21 straight).

66.52%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im still master sergeant, i have been playing with this since the day the patch came, so many people calls others in this forum retards and so on, but i havent seen 1 answer to this question other then play, and w8, so i guess i have to w8 until i get 50000 points and hope i rank
Scratchy
+0|6776|Adelaide
ah, well your issue may be that you cant get first seargent without certain badges
have you, for example, got the basic knife combat?
check the UBAR, and you'll see that many ranks just require some badges, which is the difference between two ranks with the same score.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6787

"b) while you are peacefully returning to earth, no other object will visit you on your return and end it untimely."
bahaha i atually had that happen to me once; i chuted out of a BH to blow up enemy assets; 2 minutes later as i was running around the enemy base the very same BH i chuted out of CRUSHED ME.  it landed square on top of me.
I was angry.... and very much amused ;P
fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
with ribbons.. do you have to acheive all the requirements in one round or can you complete them over seperate rounds.. for example

IAR: 26 minutes in a Squad
IAR: 40 team points

would i have to do both these things in one round to earn the ribbon or will i get it if i do both requirements, but in separate rounds?
Scratchy
+0|6776|Adelaide
I have that ribbon, and I did both in the one round, its not a difficult ribbon - basically go to a 64 player map (usually last longer), join or create a squad, then if you are struggling to get that many team points just forget about kills and deaths, go medic or another "teamy" kit, and really focus on the team score.

Good luck!

P.S. can anyone answer my thingy about airbone ribbon up above
96D
+0|6776|Maryland, USA

fungus020 wrote:

with ribbons.. do you have to acheive all the requirements in one round or can you complete them over seperate rounds.. for example

IAR: 26 minutes in a Squad
IAR: 40 team points

would i have to do both these things in one round to earn the ribbon or will i get it if i do both requirements, but in separate rounds?
If an award has more than one IAR requirement listed, then they all have to be done in the same round.

It can sound harsh, but it's really not all that bad for most awards; for instance, if you spend 26 minutes in a squad in one round, that's plenty of time to earn 40 team points from heals/resupplies/cap assists with your squad members.

Last edited by 96D (2005-10-12 20:59:03)

B.Schuss

Scratchy wrote:

I have that ribbon, and I did both in the one round, its not a difficult ribbon - basically go to a 64 player map (usually last longer), join or create a squad, then if you are struggling to get that many team points just forget about kills and deaths, go medic or another "teamy" kit, and really focus on the team score.

Good luck!

P.S. can anyone answer my thingy about airbone ribbon up above
well, I got my airborne ribbon by parachuting from a helicopter at maximum height. I was in the air for more than ten seconds while coming down, and when I touched the ground I got the ribbon. so nothing spectacular here. worked just as UBAR described it for me.
Chard
+1|6832|Christchurch, New Zealand
I got my airborne when i jumped off the side of kurbar dam
MattCicioni
+1|6830|Arizona
IAR = "In a Round"....  Mean all requirements must be met in the same round.

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6821|Belgium

Scratchy wrote:

I have spent 10 seconds in a parachute in one round, not all at once though - herein lies my question.  the way robin hood described would mean 10 consecutive seconds, is that what is required here? if not, then i should have it.
Well, to be honest, I do not know, but apparently you acquired the ribbon by now. So, indulge me what was it for you, 10 consecutive seconds or 10 morse code seconds IAR?

thymalus wrote:

im still master sergeant, i have been playing with this since the day the patch came, so many people calls others in this forum retards and so on, but i havent seen 1 answer to this question other then play, and w8, so i guess i have to w8 until i get 50000 points and hope i rank
I am by far not at your rank, but you might try:

Search

or maybe:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2106

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2524

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2549

beeng wrote:

i chuted out of a BH to blow up enemy assets; 2 minutes later as i was running around the enemy base the very same BH i chuted out of CRUSHED ME
Well, that’s the “million dollar asset” claiming its price for unfair treatment. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that the f15b is not going to crash into my house any day soon.

Cheers...
R

PS.: Dear MOD, maybe redirect this post towards its rightful place?
Scratchy
+0|6776|Adelaide
Finally got that horribly annoying ribbon, and the 10 seconds were consecutive.  I read somewhere that someone thought it had to be over enemy territory, I think this is a strong possibility because when I chuted out of a chopper after going straight up above my own base nothing happened, but then a couple of rounds later, on Dalian Plant, I flew the plane way out of combat area, said "sh*t", swerved back in over an enemy base while maintaing my height, ejected, and sailed peacefully down to earth.
fungus020
+0|6774|London - England
last night i earned the infantry officer ribbon, the anti tank combat badge, and a bronze star... i got loads of kills and caps and stuff aswell. then when i left for the night i noticed it hadnt awarded me them in the bfhq page. i thought well i will leave it over night and see if it awards them to me...it hasnt. im extremly annoyed and although they are all quite easy to re-earn but it annoys me. oh and i was playing on an official EA server when i was awarded the above.
B.Schuss

thread moved to BF2:Help
Deffen
+0|6772
I've meet all of the requirements for First Sergant and haven't received my promotion. It's been over 24 hours(plus 6 hours of play time) since I received the final badge for the promotion.  Is anyone else feeling my pain?

28,515/20,000

jwatts
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6841
Yes, even indifferent situations (like Deffen's for example). ARRGG! I only need the knife combat to get to First Sarge.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard