Des.Kmal
+917|6617|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … mp;CatId=0

How well will it run it?

Or could you recommend a good gaming computer for under 1000$ that will run it on medium settings?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center
i'd recommend not getting as good of a processor and spending the money you save on that on more/better RAM and a better video card.

also, if you can, get an X-Fi soundcard.  those things rock.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
yes bf2 will run smooth on that
Des.Kmal
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … =V133-6911

How about building this one? Getting a new video card or something like that?
vjs
+19|6770
Yeah I don't think that system is that great at all....

First it starts with a bad video card and only 512MB of ram. I'd deduct those items or pretend that they don't exist and see if your still getting a deal.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

A little more RAM and you'd be fine. I've found that anything over 1gig is good for BF2
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Des.Kmal

vjs wrote:

Yeah I don't think that system is that great at all....

First it starts with a bad video card and only 512MB of ram. I'd deduct those items or pretend that they don't exist and see if your still getting a deal.
I am pretty sure both of those computers have 1.0 GB of RAM... *checks* yeah, they do. lol
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6594|Ohio, USA
One little problem I have is that tigerdirect.com has terrible service.
Des.Kmal

Janus67 wrote:

One little problem I have is that tigerdirect.com has terrible service.
How so? (I need all the help I can get, can you recommend a computer company or a good computer for less than 1k?)
Christoph006
+2|6574
I'd say go for a good motherboard and processor (AMD Athlon 64) and get a good video card or the 6100 onboard chipset.  I have the 6100 onboard and I run BF2 on low settings smoothly with no problems.  I also have  1 gig of RAM.

Also, I bought my MoBo and CPU from tigerdirect.com and had no problems with them.  Check out www.newegg.com for price/inventory comparisons.

Last edited by Christoph006 (2006-05-18 15:38:39)

vjs
+19|6770
Honestly build it yourself it's not that hard and well worth the effort.

Computers are no longer a thing of the future. My aunt (63 years) old upgraded her computer with my old  motherboard processor and ram I sent her in the mail. She also re-installed WinXp from win98 and got everything running just fine.

It was difficult for her basically b/c she can't see that well anymore. When she was done she couldn't stop talking about it. Personally, I see no reason why you couldn't do it yourself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard