=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6605
Damn the only one that didnt move was the exprt amor badge. Still 400 gh. Im not going to buy anything untill I have ALL of the BF2 metals and badges.
a fly
+105|6645|The netherlands
not reading after post 1:

im proud i got expert explosifs when it was HARD to do, and for alot of other awards, ill get them  with 1 kill now, i cant feel a bit of glory for expert knife anymore, it takes NO skill..... as for vet chopper and plane, its fun but not hard anymore....... awh well, i should have bought the game when  c4 ect wasent nerfed....
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6744
I think it's a step in the right direction.  Basic badges and ribbons should be easy to get.  In the military, they're kinda like "hey! you have basic experience, here's something shiny!"  only the expert badges and medals should be damn hard to get...

which makes me wonder why there's no sort of accuracy award.  like a ribbon or a badge for getting better than 85% accuracy in a round (with a minimum amount of kills/shots).  just my $0.02
Scorpian65
+14|6738

=DHG=ArkAng37 wrote:

Damn the only one that didnt move was the exprt amor badge. Still 400 gh. Im not going to buy anything untill I have ALL of the BF2 metals and badges.
Am I crazy or did it actually go up from 300hrs to 400hrs? Before they nerfed all the time requirements I had been working on my expert armor and was about 23hrs away, now I'm 123hrs away, WTF?
Earthquake23
+1|6738|Germany
ROFL! As I was saying before: This suxx!

I got !!! 5 !!! Medals at once (as I joined a SF Server yesterday: Vet Tactical, Expert Tactical, Combat Infantry, Vet Grapple, Vet Zip!).

I'm sorry but now the hole medal system suxx too bad! It might be interessting for BF 2 Starters, but for us "oldschool" folks its getting boring and ridiciulus (damn english ), cause every n00b can get every medal! *flame* *flame* And so on...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

I demand a Defibrillator Combat Badge.
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6744
don't forget the "Supply Crate Combat" badge....
s()mtingWong
+48|6693
F*cking EA sucks, i really loved Working hard to get my medals, i'd really wish they never lower the time and iar requirments for the badges and medals. Theres nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when getting either an expert badge or medal, it might take awhile but time has never been a factor in this game for me. They also suck for screwing up my ingame server filter, ever since i installed the patch i could never get into the server i want without typing either the name in the search or typing the ip.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6605

Scorpian65 wrote:

=DHG=ArkAng37 wrote:

Am I crazy or did it actually go up from 300hrs to 400hrs? Before they nerfed all the time requirements I had been working on my expert armor and was about 23hrs away, now I'm 123hrs away, WTF?
na I refuse to belive that the heli and aviator exrt badges are 150 and amor is 400. Becuase before the patch the metal was 250 and the badge was 300. I still think that its 150 for the exrt. If Im right I need 5 hrs. Im going for it tonight. So I will see if my theory is right or not.
jjrp02
+18|6648|Baton Rouge, LA, USA

thejigga wrote:

jjrp02 wrote:

I'm all in favor of reducing time requirements for awards as it's totally rediculous to have to spend approx 2000 hours in order to get all the badges necessary to become a general....absolute minimum is about 1500 but you have to factor all the times you get TKd for your vehicles and not getting one and etc etc etc....NOT TO MENTION that the overwhelming majority of players who play this game have lives OUTSIDE their PC...so it's not fair to only allow those WITHOUT lives and can spend 8-10 hours a day playing the game to have access to the better awards and ranks

but making it so that any noob can get it is bogus....I hope they leave the WCR requirements as they are...I've been busting my ass off trying to get it and I'm ALMOST THERE....just need 400 wins and some commander time and it's mine (WAS at needing 1000 wins and 40 commander hours)
i dont see how its not fair that if you dont have the time to play you still deserve to get everything. that would be like world of warcraft deciding to give everyone a lvl 60 account because not everyone has time to lvl up their characters. that may be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. if you dont put in the time you dont deserve the awards, simple as that.

next youll be saying that everyone deserves the sf unlocks because not everyone can afford to buy it.
like I said....don't make it to where any noob can get it....I was in favor of reducing time requirements (like they did for aviator/heli badges) rather than eliminate them altogether (AA/GD badges) which I find on the opposite end of the spectrum of rediculous. I don't think it's fair that you would need to spend 2500 hours of your life in order to get to general...the awards should be performance based and not time based
ImChance
+0|6773|Tennessee
I dare to say something that you all are probably not used to hearing:

The new patch (and requirements) don't really mean a thing.
Who cares if it's easier to get an award now?
Did you buy the game to get an award?

I play this game for the sheer FUN of the game. I have lots of awards, and had ONE given to me since the 1.3 patch. Big deal.
Now what? I can't brag about how good I am because my medals are easy(easier) to get? Who cares. I don't brag.....what's the point of that.

A player base raping with a jet will have a much higher K/D ratio, more medals, more this, more that......so what? He/she isn't playing the game really...he/she is just padding for higher scores and more medals.
My stats are what I eaarned, and I am proud that I earned them (whatever the qualification is).

Medals should just be removed altogether.....they only make for more arguments by younger people.
Medals are only for "status" in most peoples eyes (from what I read), but they really mean nothing. They do NOT make you a better player than I (or anyone else), they do NOT make you anything in fact.

Just play the game. Medals or no medals.
Get in a squad, listen to your (hopefully good) commander, and fight like the game was meant to be fought.

Now, from what I understand, I will get flamed for posting such nonsense and will be called many names (nuwb, or is it noob...or nub.....I can't keep track).

For all those who agree with me, I hope to see you in game

David
ImChance

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard