asbad
+19|6738|Ireland
In a previous topic I mentioned about how easily the disc get scratched (mainly due to so much use i think)
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22396

First of all, im not trying to make a copy of the game so i can sell it on or anything like that. i simply want to make a back-up disc. My bf2:sf disc finally became unreadable about a week ago, fortunatly i copied the contents of the disk onto my comp but i have hit a problem.

I used 'sonic dvd burner' to copy the contents to DVD, but when i put the disc in the start-up screen appears but the game wont run, simply asking "please enter disc or check that it is the correct disc"

Help please, or any suggestions would be appreciated
Shadow893
lel
+75|6709|England
I tried this as well, and it just says 'please insert install disk'. Had to fork out more mone to EA and DICE. (thanks)
asbad
+19|6738|Ireland
feck, i was afraid of that.....
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6599|MANCHESTERRR
Id Complain to EA if it was from use....Might get lucky and send u another free copy.
J00
+2|6658
Get a copy from a friend and use Clone cd and burn. it works or well so far the image i created mounted on my virtual drive works perfect!
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6793|Kansas, USA
Unfortunately the move toward DRM screws those who buy the games legally. My 2yr old broke the PS2 disc for a $50 game that I bought my other son. They say that when you buy a game (or music CD) you are buying the "rights" to use the software - so I should be able to get a replacement disc for a minimal replacement fee, right? Not likely.

Anyway, the install discs usually have "errors" put in them on purpose. The install will look for these errors. In some cases the only way to reproduce the errors is to use special software that can determine the type of protection and reproduce it. For BF2 that would be your only option - and it may be technically illegal depending on where you live. There are NOCD cracks, and you could use one of those so you could put your CD/DVD away for safe keeping. but who knows if that would get you a Perm ban by Punkbuster if it was detected. So, I wouldn't suggest that.

For SF, my suggestion is to purchase it through the EA downloader. It is a big douwnload, BUT you can burn it to a disc. When the game downloads, it puts the installation files into a download directory of EA Downloader. Then it installs the game. (So the game takes up nearly twice the space as it would normally - kinda stupid).

Anyway after the game has installed you can burn off the download directory to a DVD and free up that space. If you need to reinstall later, restore the directory and install through Downloader. If you have to reinstall Windows from scratch you would just need to reinstall the downloader app and restore the files to the same location you copied them from. EA Downloader will recognize that the game has already been downloaded.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard