Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6801

another thing I forgot to mention about the M95. it's so damn powerful.

i've taken out choppers with that thing, just keep on shooting if you can't hit the pilot, it takes away armor pretty fast.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6802|Sumter, South Carolina
Its all about the L85A1. Best unlock, hands down.  It can CQB, it can snipe, it can burst, it can single shoot.

its the best!
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6824|Netherlands
like the l85a1 very much.

Think my worst unlock was the m95, sniping is damn difficult in bf2 and the m24 after all was better.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6861|St. Louis, MO
My favorites are the PKM and the DAO.The Special ops G36C is a piece of crap.Might as well be pissing on them.Wish I had choose the sniper unlock instead.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6851
G36C
DAO-12
G3
PKM
L85
Jackhammer
M95
Rosse_modest
+76|6813|Antwerp, Flanders
My personal favourite is the DAO-12, simply because I play anti-tank most of the time and it's a vast improvement over the standard SMG.

I don't have the Pancor Jackhammer yet but if I were to choose a worst unlock I'd pick the L85A1 for now. It's reasonably accurate in single shot but rapidly loses this accuracy with automatic or even burst fire. I'm not too impressed by it's close quarters performance either. Plus it makes this really annoying sound I've read on the internet that the actual L85A1 is problematic at best so I wonder why DICE chose it as an unlock.

Another unlock I found a bit disappointing was the M95 because of its lower accuracy when compared to the standard USMC sniper rifle. I always use the latter when playing as USMC, when playing PLA or MEC I use the standard MEC and PLA sniper rifles 60% of the time.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's this really big fly in here and its buzzing is driving me nuts.
GOTTA GO KILL IT

EDIT: it's dead

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2005-10-22 07:12:46)

luckybaer
+10|6812| Going Feral
I don't like the M95.  I wish I had unloced the DAO-12 instead. 

Other than that, I like the other unlocks.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6806|Human Meat Shield
L85 is a great gun!! Tried the G36C, it's the same as the standard assault kit! The DAO you have to get close like an engineer shotgun. Seems like EA mixed these three together - making the Med Kit more of a sniper/assault, the AT kit more like Engineer and the SO kit more like assault. Maybe it's just me..
Rosse_modest
+76|6813|Antwerp, Flanders
I think the L85A1 is somewhat lacking in raw firepower to be considered assault.

I get the feeling the G36C is more accurate than the standard spec ops weapon and it seems to spray better in CQB too.

The AT is not more like engineer kit with the unlocks because the engineer carries mines, the anti-tank uses a long range rocket launcher. Furthermore the playstyle difference for the AT with the DAO compared to the SMG is not that much different because the SMG's were only useful at shorter ranges. The DAO's range is even shorter than that, but its added punch more than makes up for having to close in on the enemy.
Deadlast
+0|6812
Ok first I'm just going to comment. The G36C has got to be one of the best unlocks available. It has INSANE accuracy, you just have to get the hang of the sights. Here's a trick I use to find the accuracy of most guns, pick a wall about 20 feet away from you, and shoot a burst of 3, then move to the right and shoot a burst of 5, then move even more to the right and unload a whole clip. Go back with a diff gun and do the same, compare the results. It is best to do this after you Create Local in the Multiplayer section because then it is just you and a WHOLE LOTTA room. After comparing results the G36C Blows the other SO guns away in accuracy.
     Secondly, the DAO-12. Ok, this gun just kicks the shit out of #1, the Jackhammer, and #2, the standard AT SMGs. One big advantage that everyone forgets about this gun is that it reloads like a shotgun. I mean, you just CANNOT look over something like this, this is what makes this gun. Guns that reload 1 bullet at a time instead of entire clips just wreak havoc. Honestly, with this feature you gain the ability to reload whenever you want and not have to worry about wasting ammo that might be left in the clip in a standard gun. Aside of that, this gun has 12 round magazines and packs 48 rounds in reserve.

Now, on to my choices...

(Best) PKM - Without a doubt, this gun is absolutely godly if used on the appropriate maps. I mean, honestly, this gun isn't going to do much if you use it on a map like FuShe Pass. Use it on CQC maps such as city maps like Strike At Karkand or Mashtuur City. There is only one map where this gun shines though, and that is Strike At Karkand, which IMO is the best map out there, it's all I play, and if you share my love of this map then this unlock is for you. All you have to do if you are USMC is make a rush anywhere in any corner and then unload if you are really close. My favorite choices of places to camp with this gun (since it is a camping gun, and if you try to say otherwise you might as well spare us all the stupidity and hassle of having to correct your ignorant remark) would have to be on the rooftop that overlooks the passage that runs along the front side of the Hotel spawnpoint. Chances are you are playing with veteran players like myself and we know all the tricks, so that will only work for so long. If that fails, move down to the passage itself and try to climb up the ladder to the rooftop where you can just run and jump into the Hotel flag area. You will have no problems claiming the flag while packing a PKM, believe me. Now, if you wanna be really cheap, you can always spawn at the Upper left base and run along the mountains till you get to the little courtyard that is just outside the metal fence that lines the road. follow the fence to where it meets the building and pitch your tent.

(Worst) Mk3A1 Pancor Jackhammer - For me, it doesn't get much worse than this. I mean, this gun has a 7 round clip which goes out in about 2 seconds if you unload. Now, some people like this gun, I am not sure why, but the only thing I am sure of is that this is the worst unlock out there. If you didn't catch it, I said it has 7 round CLIPS, thats right, CLIPS. Now, when you use this gun, you NEED all 7 of those rounds to make sure that at least 2 of them hit their target. When you bring down someone and have 2 shots left, you are left with a bitter choice, reload, and waste 2 rounds, or try your luck and see if those 2 shots hit their target bring the next enemy down. Now, if you choose to not reload, those two shots are in all seriousness all you got, there is absolutely no way that you will be able to reload without the enemy killing you.

Last edited by Deadlast (2005-10-22 08:27:08)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6801

Deadlast, camping/suicide runs aren't ALL you can do with the PKM. I've taken down lots of L85's and G36's with my PKM, and we're up against each other. It's not that hard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard