konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6573|CH/BR - in UK

doneyone wrote:

Sure it's great to fly in a chopper or a plane, but every time i'm on a wake game and the battle gets started some idiot bombs the area, or the commander(s) artys the shit, or a attackhelly rapes the hell out of the area to up his K/D-ratio.

I know some people think BF2 is a flightsim but it's NOT!

Wouldn't it be sweet if EA made another game-mode where there would be no planes/attakhellies and much less artillery? So people could choose not to get killed constantly bij baseraping jets/hellicopter/commanders??.

This way you could focus on infantery battlin'
Alright, I'm not going to flame you, or tell you how stupid you are. I will just explain some of the principles of Battlefield 2.
Battlefield 2 is based on modern combat, including infantry and air combat. The vehicles come from real life, even if they are not perfectly simulated. In real life, even in an "infantry only" battle, where there are no air vehicles, the artillery still remains. It is part of the battlefield, and has been since before the World Wars. BF2 is based on basic war principles, hence the name.
If you don't like the fact that there's an artillery option, go play a different game and stop wasting your time on the forum, whining about the game.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6784

doneyone wrote:

Sure it's great to fly in a chopper or a plane, but every time i'm on a wake game and the battle gets started some idiot bombs the area, or the commander(s) artys the shit, or a attackhelly rapes the hell out of the area to up his K/D-ratio.

Wouldn't it be sweet if EA made another game-mode where there would be no planes/attakhellies and much less artillery? So people could choose not to get killed constantly bij baseraping jets/hellicopter/commanders??.

Hmm...

I believe you are looking for the Maps: Warlord, Mashtuur, Devil's Perch and Night Flight.
r0oki3
+13|6570

Talon wrote:

doneyone wrote:

Hmm...

I believe you are looking for the Maps: Warlord, Mashtuur, Devil's Perch and Night Flight.
Hmm...

I belive you are looking for the BF2:SF forum.

Ps not a new game mode...
Just add varibles so you can simply turn vehicles and others of choice off or on

like sv_armour 1/0 1= on, 0= off
sv_heli 1/0
sv_jets 1/0
sv_handgrenade 0/1
APoundOfNuts
+13|6579|UK
All YOU need is:

sv_flowers 1
sv_teletubbies 1
sv_noobmode 1

And there you go.

Go play CS or F.E.A.R. ......
r0oki3
+13|6570
hey look at me  !!!
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6788|Toronto Canada
the VAST majority of my deaths are from arty. it pisses me the hell off
r0oki3
+13|6570
I dont use heli's pr jets anymore ... sometimes co-pilot but rarely now.........
But  I love it allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
pwnin dem n00bs ya'll yeah?
doneyone
+30|6579|Holland Hardcore
Yeah I'm just saying that EA could easily introduce gamemodes without jet/helicopter whores.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6670

doneyone wrote:

Yeah I'm just saying that EA could easily introduce gamemodes without jet/helicopter whores.
OMG have you not been paying attention!? There's Karkand, Mashtuur, Sharqi(don't worry about the choppers becuz they will just spawn camp each other). There is also special forces with various maps focusing on infantry fighting.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6756|Oslo, Norway

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

wouldnt it be cool if EA made a game where you were automaticlly muted or kicked for being a whiny bitch..
1+ for you!
Anomaly
+6|6564|USA

doneyone wrote:

So why not put all the airforce-hating guys in a game-mode and the rest in a new one? everybody happy!
Because then you'll just bitch about the damn snipers and their claymores.
Topgun
+0|6563|Scotland
What I don't get is why you call people jet "whores", heli "whores", tank "whores" etc. These are the people that your air force/army would refer to as pilots and soldiers, and the day they save your ass fighting a war I hope you don't refer to them as whores. It's the same principle in BF2, if someone is good at flying jets/helos they are a pilot, so thats what they do. Maybe you are good at something else so you do that, everyone plays their own part to help the team (and some don't) but I'm pretty sure if you are about to cap a flag and an enemy tank rolls up to be blasted off the face of the earth by a passing helo, you won't call them a whore and if you do, you need to have a think about uninstalling your BF2 game.
or if you don't like it, play city maps.

And as for artillery, if half a team is advancing towards your position and your commander wipes them out with well placed artillery you won't be complaining. Artillery is meant to clear large groups of enemy, if you are attacked by artillery it is most likely you are standing in the middle of a big group of people, so my advice to you is get a squad, and set about working WITH your commander to move around the map and cap bases like you are supposed to do.
abondares
+1|6564
My complaint is why does'nt 2 rockets from an aa destroy the plain instantly? The pilot has a sec to jump out.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6573|CH/BR - in UK

Lol - whoever karma'd me for "being stupid" is kind of a moron. I, as an oppose to many others, actually made a REAL argument as to why many of bf2's qualities should be...
not even leaving a sig is kinda cowardly
why am I posting this here? Because I got the -karma here...
oh yeah, and stfu rooki3!

Last edited by Konfusion0 (2006-06-02 08:14:33)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6660|Wigan. Manchester. England.

doneyone wrote:

Yea i would love a infantry only server that will show how good people really are.
Quacki
+9|6754
Infantry battles would be just right for a change. Really nice! But EA puts too much amphasice on their ranking system, infantry only would corrupt it ... at least that's what I think EAs view on the hole thing is. Look up "The best game that ever wasn't" or something like that in the "complain" section, that guy has a very elaborate view on the whole issue. Make conditions comparative as possible, but look up the top guys: They play only one map ... now guess which one. Or it is because of the fun factor of the map. Dunno.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard