Presul
+12|6640|With my rifle, where else?
What about ships other than the aircraft carrier? Destroyers, Cruisers, and subs in battles between the US and China? I'd like to see that. It's been too long since any of the battlefield games have been at sea. I'd play a fleet battle map out in the South China sea or in the middle of the pacific, anyone else?
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6697|U.S
yes and beable to drive ships like in 1942
T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan
no. modern armies have no use for such ships except the aircraft carrier anymore. those days are long over.
Presul

T0rr3nt wrote:

no. modern armies have no use for such ships except the aircraft carrier anymore. those days are long over.
What about Subs? You could even have objectives the subs would have to destroy by launching missiles. Or what about guided missile cruisers? We used those all the time!
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
no...that would be lame....i would be thinking more along the lines of SHIP to SHIP battle. the carriers pass each other in open sea...iron gator VS chinease Gator.

BE REALLY foggy so they cant see very well...snipers only that can see across. small boats to move from boat to boat, and ship side boarding, not just the bottom.

Last edited by Naughty_Om (2006-05-16 14:17:05)

Presul

Naughty_Om wrote:

no...that would be lame....i would be thinking more along the lines of SHIP to SHIP battle. the carriers pass each other in open sea...iron gator VS chinease Gator.
Seems unrealistic that two carriers would come up along side each other...
R0lyP0ly
+161|6652|USA

T0rr3nt wrote:

are you serious? do you have zer0 knowledge about "modern day" navies? Yes, you were right in saying that modern day armies have no use for ships, yes that is arguably correct. But what about the navy? what about cruise missiles, fire supports, mine clearing/ carrier protection? Think before you speak... -1 for ignorance.

ps. although i will lose all respect i had for you if you minus one me back with a "*sneer* take that! n00b. i minus what j00 back! mwhahaha."
R0lyP0ly
+161|6652|USA

Presul wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Seems unrealistic that two carriers would come up along side each other...
take into account its a game, certain realities must be stretched!
Capt. Foley
+155|6586|Allentown, PA, USA
Do you guys ever get tired of infantry maps?
This is Battlefield, he asked for open sea battles and I agree we should have them except EA and DICE wont do that, best you can hope for  is mods and they will probably do it.
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6745|Minnesota, USA
I loved the naval battles in '42.  But I don't think it would work so well in BF2.  Maybe in the year 2142 (if you know what I mean) we will have reverted to naval warfare.... but I tend to doubt it.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6652|USA
lfmao i g3t the -1 "for being mean". cry me a river.... :...(
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
thats what im saying...its in the open sea. one thing. u get no arty but maybe a missile to launch....3 bhawks. so on.....no major weaponry.
Presul

Capt. Foley wrote:

Do you guys ever get tired of infantry maps?
This is Battlefield, he asked for open sea battles and I agree we should have them except EA and DICE wont do that, best you can hope for  is mods and they will probably do it.
Amen to that. What happened to all the VARIETY?
T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan

Presul wrote:

T0rr3nt wrote:

What about Subs? You could even have objectives the subs would have to destroy by launching missiles. Or what about guided missile cruisers? We used those all the time!
subs are mostly nuke subs now, not really anti-ship/sub vs sub. and would you like some noob to be whoring missles out of a sub you cant see and killing everyone. i didnt think so. same with guided missles.

besides if you introduce a sub, you have to introduce a sub kill(i.e. the sea king or a sub killer ship.)

ontop of all the already made vechicals in bf2. its too much.
Presul

Naughty_Om wrote:

thats what im saying...its in the open sea. one thing. u get no arty but maybe a missile to launch....3 bhawks. so on.....no major weaponry.
I see, my bad. Yeah I could see that. Would you get boats?
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
yea...of course. your trying to over run the other teams carrier. NO uncappables. so bhawks. boats. maybe include zip lines from tower to deck
T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan

Naughty_Om wrote:

yea...of course. your trying to over run the other teams carrier. NO uncappables. so bhawks. boats. maybe include zip lines from tower to deck
id love to see a carrier run another one over. that would be hilarious.
Presul
Ok for all you "Navy has no use" people. What about what's happening off the coast of Somalia? U.S. Destoryers chasing pirates? MEC could use small rigged-up boats to attack Cruise ships or Merchants and U.S. would have to protect them with Destroyers or light cruisers?

Naval Battle & taken right from current events. Everyone happy now?
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
first you need destructible environments. and by run over i meant OVERRUN. take over.... capture. envelope. close in. suck up. own it.
T0rr3nt
+54|6575|Michigan
i still like running over better
Presul

Naughty_Om wrote:

Yeah I assume you mean the carriers wouldn't move though. I think we all remember why EA "anchored" them in the first place.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
yea...hehe. o man 1942 carrier movement, taking off was a bitch. steering it, harder than getting a 90 year olds cock up./
R0lyP0ly
+161|6652|USA
what does me saying somebody has litttle appreciation over one of the most important branches whave to do with me playing cs?? nubber
Presul

Naughty_Om wrote:

yea...hehe. o man 1942 carrier movement, taking off was a bitch. steering it, harder than getting a 90 year olds cock up./
LoL, yeah then you always had some n00b run your carrier off the map or aground or into the other carrier. Jeez that was an awful situation.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6631|USA
i remember rolling the carrier once....got banned for that one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard