Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6697|South Africa
I did use the search function... And the last time this was brought up was about a year ago...

So i wanna know, who spots their enemy?

I know that if i see one i normally shoot 1st but spot straight afterwards. Using Q as commo rose.
Either Burst, Spot, Burst etc. Or Snipe, Spot, Snipe etc.
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6558
I usually don't spot the infantry unless they are out of range for my particular weapon or, if I know they are going to get away from me.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

All the time, when I see it fit.

Especially when I see a friendly plane being chased by the enemy, spotting helps the pilot to maneuvre away and eventually behind the enemy, as he/she can see the plane on the minimap.

Another vital target to spot is an enemy AA-vehicle when there's a friendly helicopter nearby.
I need around tree fiddy.
Defiance
+438|6673

I'm a sniper by trade, so I spot any target religiously. I often spot out tanks and helis, because when I'm close enough to, it means they're around the corner waiting for me to pop out.
1. Spot
2. Aim
3. Fire

If you get taken out, your teammates know where he/she is.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-05-15 22:43:50)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6696|Vancouver BC Canada
I spot everything. Be warned though spotting armor then trying to C4 it is a bad idea, death from above (if your pilots are any good).
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
i play mainly sniper so i always spot them if i cant kill them.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

[RaWr]-Impsux wrote:

I usually don't spot the infantry unless they are out of range for my particular weapon or, if I know they are going to get away from me.
I'm with you - I spot a lot, but I only spot enemies when they're alive and there's nothing I can do about it. The rest are ALL MINE!
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6674|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
some times
mostlt if they're runing
Darky
Hi..
+71|6563|Here.
I'll spot armour and aircraft. Helps me navigate away from them, as I'm usually on foot..
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6628
I spot everythign except soldiers shooting at me. If the cammo pops up, i cant see em and die.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6659|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
i usually spot when im a sniper.
morphman001
+9|6563|Melbourne
I allways spot ...especially if there is no UAV or commander is a tosser..))
Rexxy40
+3|6597
i spot everything and anything, as i 1stly want to win the game, 2ndly get good scores..... 

i.e.  a 40 score as a win gets 2x, but a losing 40 is just 40....
Rexxy40
+3|6597

Sgt.Davi wrote:

hgdfhgf
enemy sniper...spotted
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6601
I spot armour, helis and planes if I'm fast enough
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6570
As Commander i spot everything that is out of the UAV to help the team getting kills and to know what's going on everywhere on the Battlefield. As player is mostly spot Armor, AA Vehicles, Planes & Helicopters - all to make it easier for our jet- & helopilots and tankdrivers.

I'm always happy if i'm flying a plane or helo and our team spots dangerous tasks for the infantry, i always take'em out then.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Enemy Boat Spotted!

Yeah, I generally spot anything I judge that I can't hit (usually people running sideways 50m away). Let's teammates know he's there and they can turn in into a pepper shaker.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Not spotting = uber noobish.  For some wierd reason you could die, and if you spot the enemy your buddy can cap him.  There is no reason not to spot.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6647|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I try not to spot eveything as commander as this ties up the comms for most of the team, and "Enemy infantry Spotted" gets really annoying after you've heard it 50 times.

As infantry I always spot vehicles.  Especially jets.  I only spot infantry if thet're out of range of the weapon i'm carrying or if they've just disappeared outta my line of site.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Always spot vehicles, and often the infantry - its just practice, when you have spotted several times it almost gets automatic .....
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
MrBrain
+24|6692|Finland
I didn't before, but during the last few months I've started to. Really helps alot for the team mates, that's if they care to look at the full map to see where it is. I also look at the big map when I hear someone is spotted to see where I can go and kill, or if there's already half the team there I see that it's unneccessary.

Spot+big map really helps a lot.
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY
I spot everything that I see.  This helps me know where the enemy is when I am moving around, really helpful if the enemy is going behind the same building that I am.  The more information that I can give my team and myself, I personally think, that this is infromation that will/shoulc help my team in the long run.
aapjesopdedijk
+1|6558
always spot its most important
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
I spot everything I see, but I don't spot when I'm in an enemy base for fear of being heard.
khmer
+86|6679|Central California
Sure why not. It's vital intelligence that the team needs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard