Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6667|Warlord

Dr.Red-Eye wrote:

How much would that cost, i dont want to get ripped offf by dell
A dhuine uasail, you know Dell are the cheapest retailer in this neck of the woods by a humongous margin; I'm sure that's why you bought one in the first place, no? So you're already well ahead of the curve pricewise.

Your lagging sounds horrible, I would definitely recommend 2 gigs.
[MIST]chaos
+1|6883
Dude 2g is good but save your money and buy a faster hard drive...for me I went out and bought a SATA150 7200rpm drive and it made a huge difference then I tried it with just 1 g and then with 2g it made it smoother.But then I went out and bought a SATA2 (300) and it flat out rocks now just remember your mobo must support SATA2 to get the transfer speed up to 300 Mbps

~chaos
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6734|Ireland
Thanks every1 for helping, i up graded to 1.5 Gig and its REALLY fast!
I'm happy
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6672|Derby, England

Starfleet1403 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

1gb = noticeable
2gb = super fast load time and no (minimul) lag
I concur.
x2
[LRDG] Ed
Watch out for that claymore!
+32|6632|UK
It will improve your game play! I say get it!
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6734|Ireland
I did get it and it has!
Cohammer
+61|6578

liquidat0r wrote:

1gb = noticeable

I upgraded to 2gb (from 1gb). I am normaly one of the first in the game at the start, now

It depends how much you want to spend. Personaly i would get 2gb, well i have done, it makes such a difference.

If you get lots of lag try some of these tips
dude 2gbs doesnt change loading, i just got 2gb today, no change in loads, just less choppy gameplay
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6724|Enon
Ya right
Quacki
+9|6771

Cohammer wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

1gb = noticeable

I upgraded to 2gb (from 1gb). I am normaly one of the first in the game at the start, now

It depends how much you want to spend. Personaly i would get 2gb, well i have done, it makes such a difference.

If you get lots of lag try some of these tips
dude 2gbs doesnt change loading, i just got 2gb today, no change in loads, just less choppy gameplay
I have the feeling verifying times are shorter now for me. I have bought another 1GB of RAM for a total of 2 GB, and while loading times did not change much, verifying seemed to. Although I did not stopwatch it, just a feeling. 2 GB adds loads of comfort. With 1GB, my system would stop to work and swap only after I quit BF2. Now, I quit the game and I can go on with other things on my computer INSTANTLY! How cool is that?
And the added RAM lets me enhance my graphic settings, which leads to better view distance. If everything was not on low with 1 GB, the game would lag badly after loading for about 1 or 2 minutes, after the game was done with swapping. Very annoying, to die once or twice without anything you could do about it.
All in all, if you want to play smoother (and grab those vehicles and planes and helos at the beginning with noone interfering ), add another one and a half gig of RAM. Heck, even 1 gig will help!
link52787
+29|6562
yes it does. 

I upgraded to 2 gb and the game runs smoother plus the the load times are shorter.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6683
i got 4gb and i'v usually captured a flag b4 anyone else appears, and on my way to the second
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6725|Seattle
huh?

I had one gig and I upgraded to 2 gigs.

I haven't  noticed much difference at all.

It's great that I can minimize the game now though.
rippa1
+3|6561
I'd say 2 gig is absolutely essential for bf2.A must have
rippa1
+3|6561
i had 1 gig first and noticed a big improvement with 2 gig

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard