Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6742|Cambridge, England
Everybody remembers their first round of mashtuur city, with the vanilla version of the game. Youd be happily fighting away, when suddenly a blackhawk would come down, spin slowly over the flag and spray everything with machinegun fire sending every1 scampering for cover. It was awesome, one of my favourite moments. Another is being in the blackhawk, weaving though the trees, arriving at the point and annilhating everything.

Blackhawks are meant to own, whats the point in being on a mounte chaingun when your pistol is more effective?? Now the blackhawks lay unused un the helipads untill an occaisonal jihader steals it and covers it in c4 before ramming the nearest piece of armour.

Blackhawks really made the game for me so the nwhat happened. You can longer cap in a vehicle i.e. the blackhawk most hover over a flag for 6 times as long, fair enough. next the chopper is made much weaker and the guns are given blanks to fire?? its useless.  ino it was stronger than a tank etc but you dont need to replace the guns with water pistols, they were cool! and ino the mec transport chopper sucks but they are the mec the point is that the US DO have better equipment, live with it.

So yeah basically BRING BACK THE BLACKHAWK
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6603|Houston, TX
The BH has been bashed soo many times, although I rarely use it I killed a guy easily with it almost 100 yards away the other day, so it can't be that bad...
Cheeky_Ninja06
you sit in the blackhawk and ill shoot you with a jeep ........ i wonder who will win jeeps are everywhere they are light transport yet they are much less likely to get you killed than a blackhawk and you will probably kill mroe when you are in one.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6607|Seattle

I also miss the minigun. And the .50 cal.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
l41e
+677|6658

I'd like an improvement for the BH, every seat instead of having a gun would have a BIG HUGE SEARCH BUTTON

Shut up and post in the 15 billion threads about this.
Cheeky_Ninja06
doh sorry :$
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

k30dxedle wrote:

I'd like an improvement for the BH, every seat instead of having a gun would have a BIG HUGE SEARCH BUTTON

Shut up and post in the 15 billion threads about this.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

The blackhawk minigun is pathetic. Any fool with an ERYX, SRAW or a PKM is going to take out a gunner before the bullets can make direct contact. So far, you can be more effective just chucking grenades, mines, or small-arms fire out from a passenger seat. The more threads are spammed about this, the more likely EA will cater to our whims and tweak the gun back.

It doesn't have to be on Mashtuur City (which was by far the biggest BH-complaint source). Just rip them out and put some big old medic pontoons on instead.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6756

I played mashtuur last night for several hours. I haven't played it in a long time. Anyway everytime I saw the blackhawk, I wanted to run like a baby, but then common sense took over and I just stood there with an Ak 101 plinking people out of the back seat - their whole body is exposed it was hilarious.

Then we stole the BHawk later (which used to be a huge table turner) and tried killing people in a slow rotation (extremely slow - I've flown the Hawk a LOT) and we didn't get one kill so we ditched it after 10 mins...not that much fun of a map anymore. So much damn walking!
ZCor3x
+46|6580|Pennsylvania
I landed the blackhawk, shot at a guy for 10 minutes, then I got sniped out of the gunner seat by him. Yeah the blackhawk sucks, atleast bring some of it back.. or something.. lol
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6643|USA
no....leave the blackhawk...we already have too many threads on this....

blackhawk=Transport NOT anal raping machine
Cheeky_Ninja06
why use something for transport when it is safer to go on foot? its not even that much slower to run the length of the map. an apc has guns, the jeep has guns, i would listen to the whole its a transport thing if they hadnt stuck two whopping great chainguns on the side. make it stronger and have it as a transport or make the guns better so it can survive with what little life it has.

played mashtuur city with my clan last saturday....we were usign the blackhawk as mobile spawn point, they were using the mec chopper. the two choppers often saw one another yet neither could hurt the other unless they rammed them. come on that is silly , you cant even shoot through the back door of the mec chopper with the chainguns as it doesnt do anything.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2006-05-15 15:50:23)

ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6595|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
Alright stop calling then chainguns...they're miniguns

But as for the BH-Totally worthless, it is a transport...AN ANAL RAPING TRANSPORT

I used to play mashtuur all the time on FMJ Just Mashtuur(Dead now), but when i saw the BH i just ran like hell, as I should have

I vote for bringing back the Blackhawk in the next patch, please EA dont mess anything else up:(
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6664|Westminster, Colorado
I miss the early Ghost Town days where I could get 3 kills 2 deaths and 100+ team points a round by flying the BH around for the entire map.  Everyone used to flock to the BH like it was a ply zapper.  Got many a medal and ribbon by piloting them.

Be a medic pilot and get heal points, kill damage assists, driver special ability points, flag neutralizations, and caps so fast you couldn't believe it.
FromTheAshes
+53|6715

Naughty_Om wrote:

137twozerosniper
+57|6575|UK
i use a tank more then the BH now bring the pure baby back into action
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6682
Leave the armor the way it is, and bring back the power of the mini gun and the slash damage.

Give the helo some defense.

It wouldn't change much, it will still be shot down as quick.

However at least people would start using them again.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

don't bring back the Blackhawk, bring back the Blackhawk ammo! I mean, what are they firing now, spitwads!? nah, can't be. spitwads can spread disease and may actually kill someone.

When you're fiercly defending a point and suddenly a Blackhawk arrives, spewing lead in all directions to save the day... THAT'S GOOD!
Right now it's ridiculous, with enemies  seeing a Blackhawk saying "AAH SHIT! CHOPPER, RUN FOR COVER... Ah wait, don't bother it's just a Blackhawk."
More effective for killing now is the pilot landing on people.

Naughty_Om is right though, and the Blackhawk is a transport chopper not a gunship, but watch movies like Blackhawk Down and We Were Soldiers, or whatever that Mel Gibson Vietnam movie is called, and those miniguns do rock. I vote for reality on this one, and that is most unlike me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
MrBrain
+24|6701|Finland
Funny thing that the guns in the BH are massive and spray bullets like no other, still the gun on top of a FAV is 10 times better. The BH guns are so harmless you don't even have to hide when you hear them. Nowdays I laugh and stand still when a BH shoots at me and says to myself in front the computer "yeah, you just try to hit me" and shoots back. I mostly survive, it's still worth the death because it seldom happens
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Naughty_Om wrote:

Haven't seen any videos of the real miniguns in action, huh scooter?

I agree that they were way too tank-like before, hp-wise, but they at least need their firepower restored.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-16 05:47:20)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6816|Orlando, FL - Age 43

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Haven't seen any videos of the real miniguns in action, huh scooter?

I agree that they were way too tank-like before, hp-wise, but they at least need their firepower restored.
Agree 100%
Cheeky_Ninja06
i totally agree there. It was wrong that it was stronger than a tank, which they fixed however it no longer has the firepower required to be worth using

and i dont mean to call them chainguns lol http://media.putfile.com/mini--gun/
Rellim83
+7|6692|PA
Blackhawks are better the way they are now. Mashtuur was incredibly gay before they nerfed the blackhawk. I cant count  how many rounds i played where everyone on the MEC switched over to USA at the begginig of the round, or how many times the blackhawk would win the round in under a minute because it was impossible to stop with an engineer or two in it. Mashtuur is much more balanced now and the MEC actually have a fair chance at winning. EA/Dice either needed to nerf the blackhawk or make the MEC transport alot better because it was completly unfair. Only stat whoring pussies like the old mashtuur because they could rape the opposing team without any skill involved.
Cheeky_Ninja06
not true and they have made it alot weaker so it is easy to destroy epsecially with a jeep, they can no longer cap the flags with all of the passengers, they must get out or else it only counts as the driver i.e. so if one person has the sense to sit on the flag then it wont cap...and its not very good for stat whoring pussies if they win in under a minute, its much better if the round lasts upwards of 20 mins is it not? you say they have no skill then moan coz its unfair? so you have to be quite good to take out the blackhawk? does that not make u feel so much better when you weave your eryx into the side of it and get six kills?? again it should be hard to kill it has 6 people in it, it shouldnt be easy to wipe out a whole squad on your own.
Tromboner999
Professional Nubcake
+58|6653|Here to Eternity

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

I played mashtuur last night for several hours. I haven't played it in a long time. Anyway everytime I saw the blackhawk, I wanted to run like a baby, but then common sense took over and I just stood there with an Ak 101 plinking people out of the back seat - their whole body is exposed it was hilarious.

Then we stole the BHawk later (which used to be a huge table turner) and tried killing people in a slow rotation (extremely slow - I've flown the Hawk a LOT) and we didn't get one kill so we ditched it after 10 mins...not that much fun of a map anymore. So much damn walking!
ZOMG I remember that night. Ya, I picked off the Gatling gunners in that Blackhawk at least twice with just my assault rifle. Then once we had it in the air I was unloading on people at close range and it seemed like the Gatling guns were just giant airsofts or something. I used to perforate dozens of people at a time with those monsters back in the day, but I don't think either gunner got even 1 lousy kill. It's a shame, Blackhawk gunning used to be so much fun. Now it's just like MEC's flying potato chopper; a flying taxi that's otherwise utterly useless for anything other than going from one map point to another. You might as well grab a Vod or a Hummvee, at least those vehicles have armament that can deal damage.
Longbow
+163|6657|Odessa, Ukraine
You all are crying about BH , don't make me start crying about bringing back maneurobless of MiG and SU , damage of SVD etc , Pls don't speak about reality . BF2 is arcade , not sim .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard