12inchnick
+17|6638
I just put another stick of ram into my box and now everytime I join a game, battlefeild 2 completely quits out after 5 minutes or so of playing. Doesnt do it when I run 1 gig. Whats wrong?
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6663|Chandler, AZ
Id suggest running Memtest....And if no errors come up, make sure the timings are all right using cpuz....
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6602|Ohio, USA
I agree.  Go to www.memtest86.com (I believe is hte site) download the cd image file and burn it, it is a bootable image that you will restart with and then have it run through its passes.  It will probably take an hour or so per pass (sometimes more), but it will give you a general idea if your ram is stable or not.  If it turns out to not be, take out the old stick you knew that worked and try just the new one.  Just keep troubleshooting.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Also, try running it with just the new memory. That way you can tell if it's a stick problem or a combo problem.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6719
does your mobo got 4 slots for ram? if so, try putting them in odd-number slots
like 1st - 3rd

try even too
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6663|Chandler, AZ
are you running them in dual-channel?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6743|Salt Lake City

As previously noted you can try running just the new stick to see what happens, but give us more system information.
AT3am_Murd0ch
+15|6587

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

As previously noted you can try running just the new stick to see what happens, but give us more system information.
As above - need number/sizes of sticks, ggr etc before anyone can help!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard