The_Truth_16
+0|6810
The Modding Community For BF2 Really Seems To Be Quite Less And Less Innovative Then The One For BF1942 which was really Staggering.
I use www.planetbattlefield.com for my news maybe theres a better site but It seems that This Game Is Having Bad Modding Support.  Any One Agree?

Last edited by The_Truth_16 (2005-10-09 23:18:10)

Croak
+11|6826|San Marcos, CA
It's a lot more complex game with a much higher bar when it comes to graphics.  Just like it takes longer to make a "A" list video game title these days, it takes longer for the modders to do good mods to games these days.
VazkoraGFL
+0|6869|San Francisco, California
Just give the game a year. The editor is still in beta, therefore very limited. If a final version comes out which would potentially be more powerful, you can expect to see mods come out after that happens. Although serious Modders might make their own editors.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6869|"Frisco"

As a side note, The_Truth_16, the on/off liberal use of capitalization is somewhat annoying
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6859

VazkoraGFL wrote:

Just give the game a year. The editor is still in beta, therefore very limited. If a final version comes out which would potentially be more powerful, you can expect to see mods come out after that happens. Although serious Modders might make their own editors.
What are you talking about?  The game itself is still in beta.  I would think it's more to do with that then the editor being the problem.
Home
Section.80
+447|6869|Seattle, Washington, USA

I use www.totalbf2.com for updates. And more mods will come out as the game gets older. Nobody is tired of playing yet. Once people want new material, then we'll have more mods.
96D
+0|6796|Maryland, USA

chuyskywalker wrote:

As a side note, The_Truth_16, the on/off liberal use of capitalization is somewhat annoying
I think it's refreshing; it's like the entire first half of his post is a title!

And yeah, the game's been out for only three months. Even if EA favored some of the more promising modmaker groups with pre-release support, it'd still take them longer than this to come out with something quality.

I think the first "mod" I ever used was the Platoon TC (remember when they were called TCs? ) for Duke Nukem 3D. Nowadays, some people are chomping at the bit for mods almost immediately after a game is released, as if they're owed it.

I'm eager to see what's done with the engine, especially perhaps a Deathball-type sports mod that can make use of the integrated VoIP. But until something comes out, there's still plenty of the game we purchased left to enjoy.

Last edited by 96D (2005-10-09 22:19:52)

The_Truth_16
+0|6810
the possibilities for mods with this game are really exciting and fun

if you played bf1942 you should remember the interstate mod which was a racing mod which was soooo fun "legends were made on the one map for the person to ever do a loop" that mod was kickass,  i hope they do one like that for bf2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard