PheloniusRM
+8|6700|Mission Viejo, CA
The war college ribbon is destroying the game. It is causing so much ridiculous behavior in pursuit of wins. It took me some time to catch on to this phenomenon. I join a server. My team wins easily. Next round comes and I think "I'll definately stay here because this team is good." Mysteriously at the begining of the next round about 6-8 people leave the server. Round starts and my team is getting pounded. I notice in the rosters that some of the people that were on my team last round are now on the other team. It seems that people believe that certain sides of maps have better chances of wining so they always go to that side. Its self fulfilling though because if the good people who are in pursuit of the wcr are always staying on certain sides of maps then they probably will win more often.

If you play on a server and you win a round, then in the beginning of the next round you see a ton of people leave, then you should leave too, because it means there is an asskicking loss in your near future. If not for the wcr, the only person that would care about winning would be the commander because he gets double points and that should be removed too so no one should care about wins and losses.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
Ain´t really a new phenomenon go to a 24/7 Wake server and get owned by the same "leet" J10-whores round by round.
It´s not the Ribbons fault people just wanna whore and have a good time
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6593|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
War College is fine.  Play with players who know what they are doing.
ATC
+58|6746|...
they need to lower the requirements so its not virtually impossible to get. not just take it out of the game. just lower the req.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6593|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
So you want the last BF2 award that takes time and skill to get to be noobifyed?  Haven't enough medals been noobifyed?
Sambuccashake
+126|6612|Sweden

Aslan_the_Creator wrote:

they need to lower the requirements so its not virtually impossible to get. not just take it out of the game. just lower the req.
And according to some rumours around this board they are doing just that.
We don't know exactly how much but I believe the reference was something along the lines of "the service medals".
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6599
Winning the WCR is like winning the Special Olympics.  You're still retarded.

Well not the posters personally, but you get my drift.  The ranks don't mean anything outside of the game, so what's the point? 

I get to shoot people.  That's good enough for me.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6730|Germany

madmurre wrote:

It´s not the Ribbons fault people just wanna whore and have a good time
Indeed.
n00b.Worx
+44|6728|West Berlin!

Aslan_the_Creator wrote:

Don´t u wanna improve yourself? Work hardly and you will get it... Because of whiners like you every patch is bringing more & more shit to the Battleifled.

Thanks
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
It's just a video game ribbon. Just because someone knew about and went for it, it doesn't mean they're better than you. Just means they knew about it and win whored. Anyone can get it if they know about it when they start their account. Just switch to the side that wins every round. I'm never going to get it and I couldn't care less about it. Like I said, it's a fucking video game ribbon.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

PheloniusRM wrote:

If not for the wcr, the only person that would care about winning would be the commander because he gets double points and that should be removed too so no one should care about wins and losses.
So the commander shouldn't get double points?  Why would he want to guide his team to win then?  No one should care about wins and losses?  I play this game to win.  Don't get me wrong, I like to have fun while I am playing, but I try to do everything I can to help my team win.  Why would you say that no one should care about winning or losing?
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6629|The Netherlands
wat complaining i finely have it whooohoooo one hint play on unbalanced servers
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
Silly rabbitt trix are for kids!

Enemy Forces spotted!
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6722|Scotland

niekjejeje wrote:

i finely have it
no you don't
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA
I gave up on the WCR. it seems i get a few wins and hit a streak of bad luck and can't seem to win a game. Even if i join a game on the winning team, by the time i load in somehow the team magily starts losing. my wlr was 1.32 and now it's down again to 1.30
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
leesupport
+39|6684
they should just leave WRC and commander its just a game have fun playing   i got mine up to 1.85

niekjejeje thats pretty neat how u got ur basic knife  and pistol same day and time same with vet,and expert

Last edited by leesupport (2006-05-11 11:50:21)

antin0de
+44|6669|SL,UT
Once I saw the "top players'" W:L ratio, I knew something wasn't right.  Especially when compared with their suicides.  "Oh look, there's a spot open on the winning team!  Better switch & fill it before anyone else does!"
Suicide++
Wins++

I find it highly unlikely that someone can just join a server and be put on the winning team so often.  At the start, I struggled to keep a positive W:L by instigating teamwork through squads, etc.  Fuck switching to the good team.  You're fucking worthless if you do that.

I play a lot of Ghost Town, and have noticed one common practice: douchebags who constantly play SAS so they can fly the Apache.  Learn to fly the Hind, you pussies.  I can't be too mad at them though... because of this, I've discovered that it's quite easy to let the SAS cap the south helo spawn, while I'm rushing to it with a jet ski and a grappling hook.  Apache = mine.  Air dominance = my team's.  90 percent of the time, it works all the time.
nieker

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

niekjejeje wrote:

i finely have it
no you don't
YES I HAVE LOOK AGEAN
nieker
wat making it w/l to 2.0 or somthing
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6586|Hamburg / Germany
but the rest of your stats sux. and you got lots of suicides... wtj
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6599

SOME UNKNOWN HERO wrote:

u do realise that the purple heart is a sucky award beacuse u got a shit k/d. fucking twat
Wow.  What a grip you have on English.  You must be a big boy of 11 or 12.
Was that supposed to hurt my feelings? I'm really insulted by the fat white pasty kid, who lives in his parents basement, with no outside life except Battlefield 2.

Just remember.  Even though there are hundreds of thousands of players, it doesn't mean you have that many friends, it just means they all play the game too.

Oh, I have a good feeling who the Unknown Hero might be.
But Unknown Hero ain't got the nuts to put a name to his -1. 

C'mon fattie, let's dance!
Capt. Foley
+155|6589|Allentown, PA, USA
Now this might amaze you but some people find it fun to play in a plane that isnt horribly unbalenced like the F35(any nub can shoot down a F35 in a J10, but it takes skill to shoot down a J10 in a F35).
JE3146
+109|6573|Oregon
I'ved worked my ass off repairing assets, capping bases, and doing the things that people are generally too dumb to do. For example on Karkand. Every n00b and their mother is at the first flag whoring it up and getting slaughtered by tanks. That rogue hummer makes it past the line with a crew full of guys and makes it across the river. Now that flags are being capped by the US. What happens? Everyone continues to whore it up. So me and a few friends take matters into our own hands and stop the threat, cap back bases, and secure the rear. (or atleast keep it minimally contained)

Doesn't take more than 2 good teamworking squads with a few people each to win a round on a pub. The death rate between each team whoring eachother is pretty consistent. Flag caps usually decides the victory... as well as a half decent commander who can actually lay a successful arty strike.

Personally, I'm 5 wins away from a 3 to 1. I've been slowly ticking away at my commander time as well. To lower the requirements is flat out dumb. Just play on servers with autobalance, and become part of a squad or something to avoid teamswitchers.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6635|USA
i would say leave it....it makes players have a purpose. it gives the game a sense of "never ending" like most MMORPG
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6704|New York
When more people start getting there stats whiped for too much switching to winning team before round ends, then things might calm down.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard