Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6829|Nårvei

Both AT and Engy can battle tanks, even Specs, who`s the best to do the job - thats another discussion but they both have the abillity to do so and therefore it should be implemented.

If you do want your guide to look better because its not bad i tell you, root out the tech-stuff and make an own heading an put the tech aside on its own. And feel free to borrow from my wiki :-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6662|England
Oh so the engi wiki is yours.

Besides, AT is the only one that can take tanks head on. Engineers and Spec Ops are indirect in a sense. They must put something down before the kill can happen. AT can fire their rockets. Fell free to add to your wiki :-)
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
Well to anyne who is not satisfied with the guide I have more tips and I will update, probably tomorrow
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
I added a bit about the wreches reloading time and updated it a bit this morning
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6788|Human Meat Shield
Add my shit, that I posted. there is more to an engineer than tanks and repairing.
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
Done/10
Jack_Danger
+2|6688|America
Good guide. I personally love the engy kit lol. Anyways +1 to you. Now i'm off to read that wiki one.

Last edited by Jack_Danger (2006-05-15 20:37:53)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6700|Disaster Free Zone

Sgt.Davi wrote:

5. The glitch and bump!

The Glitch and bump as I like to call it is when, although you have walked over to an asset of your team and got the double ring, yet it doesn't repair. I believe this is a glitch (correct me if im wrong) but it can be fixed by taking a vehicle and simply bumping into it and it will be indirectly repaired if you stay in the vehicle.

As you can see the UAV was being stubborn and not repairing, so I took a Desert Raider and bumped this byatch!!
I dont believe this is a glitch, its just that you can destroy commander assets below 0% HP (-100%). So when you start repairing and it doesnt look like it is its because you are repairing form say -50% health to 0% health. This happens when spec opps use more the 2 C4's or use 2 when the commander asset is already smoking etc. I personlally love it when spec ops do this because you can get 2 repair points from the one commnader asset sometimes.

Also repairing from inside a vechile is best because.
a) you can repair mutipple things
b) you always repair at max speed
c) you can repair things from further away
d) you can do other things while repairing... eg sit in gunners seat and defend against incoming troops or command.

DaReJa wrote:

Well, If I Missed It, 2 Repair Points For The Essex, Just Sit Back And Get Those Medals, Engineers FTW.

(MP7 = The Best) .
The Essex as explained above can also be damged to negative 100% HP so to fullly repair it you can get 2 repair points but this is not the standard amount, and it must be dmg alot more.

OH and MP7 smokes donkey balls on steriods.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-05-15 21:02:51)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere
nice post!

i didn't actually know that bout the commander assets... i should remember that when i give up b/c it's not repairing
JimmyBotswana
+82|6605|Montreal

genius_man16 wrote:

i didn't actually know that bout the commander assets... i should remember that when i give up b/c it's not repairing
Oh its repairing alright don't give up and he's right it is way better to repair anything while in a vehicle.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6811
Also you don't get points for repairing bridges.  And commanders may not thank you for repairing them - quite often a commander will have ordered the bridge to be blown up for strategic reasons.
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
Indeed. Usually a good commander will tell squads to fix the bridge or place a repair marker. I think I mentioned that there are no points t be had from most things....but....ummm..think how rewarding it'll be!!!
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
I will add the BENNELI tomorow, dont worry!
nev
+23|6605|Land of OZ
Good guide - I knew most of what you'd put in it, but some good tips to be had.

I still get lots of punishes cause Aust servers wont let friendlies drive over mines without exploding.

A tip for US servers though, put your mine next to an enemy mine, the enemy tank driver will just see his and keep on driving over it.

Last edited by nev (2006-05-20 07:53:27)

lifestyle
+11|6601|Norway.
it it only on BF2 SF we can "rapair" a enemy claymore? is it dangerus when you crawl to an claymore?
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
Nope. Vanilla and EF also appy, I just demonstrated on Warlord. It is not dangerous when approaching a claymore from the rear or the side, it is only the cone at the front (if you want Ill put a sorta diagram up) and you prolly want someone covering you when your repairing.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6569|CH/BR - in UK

loved the guide...I'd give u +1, buuut...I haven't posted anything yet, so I can't

EDIT: just +1'd u, got enough posts now:P

Last edited by Konfusion0 (2006-05-30 12:09:37)

Username II
+3|6652

Sgt.Davi wrote:

12. Need repairs? Hold on, my wrench is reloading!
The world needs to hear this message. +1
PlatypusPedersen
+3|6564|Norway
Great guide, only 1 thing I'm wondering about: Don't he have 4 grenades, not 5?
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
5 anti tank mines. 4 grenades
romega2683
+4|6558
Good guide mate. Would +1 ya but not posted enough yet
Sgt.Davi
+300|6662|England
I've just realised I've had a half finished support guide on a notepad for weeks!!!

but I have a better idea!!

In the summer holidays, I will write a guide on the basis of my engi and assault guides for each class!!

And it'll be Kits: a comprehensive guide!
tonightless
+14|6549|Chicago, Illinois
I loved the humor you added to the article. It really does make it fun and enjoyable to read!! Nicely done
uber73
+188|6771|Brisbane
how can the poster be giving a guide to being an engineer, when he hasnt even got the mp7 unlocked...?
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6779
If you'd have tried playing Special Forces for more than an hour, you'd notice the MP7 is in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard