Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6773

I'm actually strongly against the SMGs for one reason. You have no use for them. With a DAO-12 you're prepared for ANY situation. And this is where I disagree with your 'least point' statement. All classes have a weakness, except the AT with a shottie.
Think about it.

Medics, Support, Assault and Snipers are useless when armor rolls around the corner.
SpecOps and Engineers can't damage armor from a range.
Snipers are (usually) weak at CQC.
Engineers have no weapon (bar the MP7) for long range assault.
etc.

AntiTankers are prepared for every situation.
CQC - DAO
Medium Range Infantry Combat - DAO/Rockets
Long Range Infantry Combat - Rockets (one hit kill, unrevivable)
Close Range Armor - Rockets
Long Range Armor - Rockets
Helicopters - Rockets

Etc.

Plus you're the only class with a guided projectile weapon. And a damn powerful one at that. Learn to arc and you can hit anything.

No weaknesses. I personally, and I know a lot of others like this as well, find the AT class to be the best well rounded class. Period. Everything else has a weakness.

And if you're worried about ammo consumption, learn how to hit well or just don't engage the enemy. As an AT you can stay hidden and attack tanks, or choose to stay hidden. Attack if you have armor support or something.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6653|England
Yup, whilst watching for the Medic-ing guide check out my engineering guide in my sig and also a support guide (which will include a bit more than the machine gunning one ) We are also collaborating over the Spec Ops guide. Oh and Joe, thanks for Jak, bit easy !!!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

I still stick by my guns.

Most comprehensive anti tank guide every.

1. Point.
2. Shoot.
3. Reload
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3.

On a more serious note: Nice guide, but I tend to crack under pressure during scrims and tourneys, sometimes even while pubbing. My entire aim is to score the hit ASAP and pull out my weapon to take down the opponent that's almost on top of me.

You missed out a vital portion about the rockets being used to take out infantry. In cramped areas its a boon. And when I hit a long range effort, I'll crow out on gamewide chat: WHO'S YOUR DADDY BITCH!

I've got a couple of friends who play by the 'SUBWAY! EAT FRESH!' mantra
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6771
With only 6 rockets, you shouldn't be wasting them on infantry. Thats what the SMG is for. Sure, you can take a DAO and use the rocket launcher for infantry kills, but thats not anti-tanking, is it?
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6709|U.S
acually the guns have more than what you said p-90 for example has 150 shots because you didnt include the magazine already in the gun.
Deadlift
+9|6691
Well I only use the DAO if I have to move, or if the Tank Driver exits....
Dont know if the P90 would be of any help, but I'll unlock it as my last unlock anyway...
The G36E for Medic has top priority now(I would feel uneasy unlocking the f2000) ^^
Talon
+341|6771
I had a look at your stats, the P90 and G36E would be best. Not sure why you unlocked the SCAR-L and MG36 so early, they're both pointless unlocks IMO.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6653|England
That has to be the worst opinion ever, stop basing your opinions on statistics Joe and work towards unlocking them [/end rant]
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6637|The Netherlands
at the weps you forgot the wep has mags AND a mag in the wep so pp-19 should be 135 and p90 should be 150
Homerculies
+0|6556
A really good tip for anti-tanking with out being noticed is to use your numbers to switch guns.

Line up your shot with whatever gun you have first, then type 4 (or whatever you have your keys set to, to bring up your rockets) and shoot it right away, then type 1,2, or 3 to go back to your gun as soon as possible.

This keeps the lock noise the tanks hear to a minimum of a few seconds and allows you to be stealthy.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6773

Homerculies wrote:

A really good tip for anti-tanking with out being noticed is to use your numbers to switch guns.

Line up your shot with whatever gun you have first, then type 4 (or whatever you have your keys set to, to bring up your rockets) and shoot it right away, then type 1,2, or 3 to go back to your gun as soon as possible.

This keeps the lock noise the tanks hear to a minimum of a few seconds and allows you to be stealthy.
They don't make any lock noise unless you're zoomed in. Fire without zooming and no lock sounds off.
Jeret03
+2|6641
=======TIP============

Hit vodniks, and hummers right on the top of the rotating turrett.  It will send it into a flame kill.  All others will not, they will be left with about 4 bars.
SiMSaM16
+48|6704|United States of America
I shot a jet once with a SRAW and it didnt kill it. I dont know if the shot didnt register or what.
Talon
+341|6771
Any slight lag and it would have missed, unfortunately. I retested this yesterday at an enemy airfeild, it works very well. Until they notice and start sniping you.
one_of_ten
+7|6666|Brussels, Belgium
Thanks for the post, now I' m way more useful with the anti-tank kit.

Now that I know the 2 shots kill, tanks are not as fearless as they were.
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6628|Houston, TX
I have my 'SPOTTED' key mapped to one of my mouse buttons.  I spot EVERYTHING.  (Sorry if it's annoying, but I feel someone somewhere would like to know there's a tank, infantry, heli, coming up on them.)  Anyway, as AT, I spot my target so I can use the mini map to be sure I'm just around a corner from it while reloading (and not looking down it's barrel.)
   It's something I always do, just thought it might help someone else.
romega2683
+4|6550
Good guide mate. Would +1 ya but not posted enough yet!
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6592|MANCHESTERRR
Nice guide mate! I Cant play AT for shit....
Blindbasher
+25|6559
I'm usally AT on maps to take out the tanks which would kill about 10-30 people. I dont use it for the kills, i use it to save teammates in squads etc. Usally i always have a full squad with 2 ATs at any time. My basic squad arangements are:
2 AT
2 Medics
1 Support
1 Sniper
morecullions
+5|6551
id add something

a good person in armor gets a dmg indicator the red flash that shows what part of the armor took dmg so its a good idea in addition to using cover well its a good idea to relocate when you pop him and of course epescially if he decides to look in your direction. you said in your guide that he will have no idea where you are and thats not true .. also feel free to add that in sf insurgents rpg-7 they get no warning indicator like the sraw/eryx and that it has an azimuth deliniation simlair to the gl and perhaps some refrence to how to aim it. the best i can think of right now is simply the farther away the higher you aim but thats not too helpfull.
Talon
+341|6771
Updated with AF info, vehicles and some SF vehciles.
uber73
+188|6762|Brisbane
that guide completely disses the DAO... which is bollox.
the p90 is weak as piss... the dao is what EVERY AT needs.. if u need range, switch to pistol.
Talon
+341|6771
The P90 and the pistol do the same damage.
l41e
+677|6658

Noo...I thought P90 did 19 and pistol did 20? Unless they changed that (they better have) in 1.3?
Talon
+341|6771
Had a look, pistol does do 20, but loses damage after 100m. Still, P90s RoF makes up for it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard