Poll

What should the US do about the Iran situation?

Continue pressing for UN Security Council Sanctions17%17% - 21
Use Backchannel diplomacy through Russia9%9% - 12
Launch a conventional Invasion8%8% - 10
Let Israel handle it13%13% - 16
Nuke them into the Stone Age27%27% - 33
Nothing24%24% - 30
Total: 122
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

why can you NOT ask this question of America after WW1?
Because they didn't retreat into themselves?

lowing wrote:

After WW2 I would think it was quite obvious, that it would impossible for America to sit back and watch the world go by and NOT grow into the technology that WW2 brought. The US entered WW2 woefully behind on technology in airplanes and tanks and such.
Right, it's no like they had the most advanced infantry weapon in the world or anything.  They also had almost as many carriers as Britain.

lowing wrote:

Maybe they decided that is a position that they would not allow themselves in again. Especially with the USSR.
Because they couldn't have done that with internal studies and purchasing technology off others?

lowing wrote:

If you are accusing what I think you are, the real question is ............Why did we give it all back?? Japan, Germany, France etc...... Sorry bubbalo, but the US just doesn't fit the mold that you have for an  invade and conquor , rape and pillage, war mongering, blood thirsty nation that you desparately want us to look like.
1)  Even if you're right, the fact that you didn't then doesn't mean you don't now.

2)  You gave France back?  When were you in control of it?

3)  Maybe because you had to?  Otherwise they'd, y'know, fight you aswell?
Like I said in another postthat you ignored, as recently as 15 years ago we had Iraq by the balls and we let Saddam have it back......Are you so paranoid that you ACTUALLY lay awake in bed at night and wonder when the US is going to invade your country? If so, see your doctor, he has medication that can control that.

Post WW1 is when we started our isolationism

If you don't think that the US was behind on aviation technology and tanks etc.....then you are not as big into historical accuracy as I thought. The US was scrambling to figure how in the hell they could shoot down a damn zero at the beginning of the war, and the German tanks and Soviet tanks were far superior to the Sherman tank deployed by the US. The main reason the war was won by the allies is because the nation came together and everyone did there part, civilian and soldier alike, to crank up the war machine to achieve victory.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

lowing wrote:

Like I said in another postthat you ignored, as recently as 15 years ago we had Iraq by the balls and we let Saddam have it back......
Which had nothing to do with all the troops from other countries present at the time?  And do you *want* to talk about the slaughter of retreating troops?

lowing wrote:

Are you so paranoid that you ACTUALLY lay awake in bed at night and wonder when the US is going to invade your country? If so, see your doctor, he has medication that can control that.
When have I ever said that?  Besides, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get me.

lowing wrote:

No, you started that pre-WWI

lowing wrote:

If you don't think that the US was behind on aviation technology and tanks etc.....then you are not as big into historical accuracy as I thought. The US was scrambling to figure how in the hell they could shoot down a damn zero at the beginning of the war, and the German tanks and Soviet tanks were far superior to the Sherman tank deployed by the US. The main reason the war was won by the allies is because the nation came together and everyone did there part, civilian and soldier alike, to crank up the war machine to achieve victory.
That was due to design not technology.  The American technology was poorly applied.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6699
Man you guys are onto something here . If you keep arguing for 15 more pages you just might find out where the fountain of youth is . Errr something . Not sure but I'll get back to ya .
[DETX] arabeater
+6|6630|OKC, Oklahoma USA Baby!

CommieChipmunk wrote:

BN wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

I love to help but it seems like no one appreciates anything America does.
Thats cos nobody trust ya
I dont trust us..
Well Fucking leave!  As a matter of fact I will help you move. I'm sure France is accepting applications.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6597|Florida
I cant help but make a reply.......this is getting retarded.  WHY THE FUCK DOES WW2 ALWAYS HAVE TO COME UP IN CURRENT SITUATIONS?  Seriously, let me scroll back 76 pages to see who brought it up in the first place........oh yes, here it is....

Bubbalo wrote:

That's what you did pre-WWII.  Then somebody realised that letting everyone else kill each other is bad for the economy.
sometimes to me, your logic doesnt make sense....and neither do your questions you ask.  Sometimes they seem irrelivant (such as bringing up the topic of WWII in this post), and im not searching through every page to show you what questions dont make sense so you can clarify...that would just be a complete waste of my time and yours so dont bother asking..........................

and btw, its realized* with a Z not an S

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-05-23 19:16:05)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580
I didn't bring up WWII, I mentioned that the proposed isolationism is a former system which was abandoned because it was flawed.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

Like I said in another postthat you ignored, as recently as 15 years ago we had Iraq by the balls and we let Saddam have it back......
Which had nothing to do with all the troops from other countries present at the time?  And do you *want* to talk about the slaughter of retreating troops?

lowing wrote:

Are you so paranoid that you ACTUALLY lay awake in bed at night and wonder when the US is going to invade your country? If so, see your doctor, he has medication that can control that.
When have I ever said that?  Besides, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get me.

lowing wrote:

No, you started that pre-WWI

lowing wrote:

That was due to design not technology.  The American technology was poorly applied.
Nope pre WW1 we were chasing Poncho Villa through the Southwest and Mexico, then ole Teddy R. was chargin' up San Juan Hill, plus we were ass deep in Panama.

As far as our arsenal being inferior and behind the times, bad design or bad technology seems to be a mute point. the end result was our military was lacking and was behind the Europeans. please stop splitting hairs.

You constantly accuse America of agressive .............the question stands..........do you worry that America is going to take over the world??

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-23 20:44:04)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

lowing wrote:

You constantly accuse America of agressive .............the question stands..........do you worry that America is going to take over the world??
No.  I worry Americans already have.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6791|PNW

lowing wrote:

Based on what I read in this forum, and as disgusted as I get reading it, I say screw it. Let the EU handle it along with anyone on that side of the world with balls enough to stop it. I am all for America pulling out of Iraq, beefing up our borders and let you handle your problems on your side of the world. Then there is reality, and that of course could never happen. Since if we stayed out of it, you Europeans would probably be surrendering your countries to Iran in 2 years.
Yes...reality. The US would never loosen its grip on international interests.
Longbow
+163|6666|Odessa, Ukraine
Stop thinking You , americans , are word police . You are not.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

No.  I worry Americans already have.
Well then, like I said, your doctor has medications that might help control your delusions.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Based on what I read in this forum, and as disgusted as I get reading it, I say screw it. Let the EU handle it along with anyone on that side of the world with balls enough to stop it. I am all for America pulling out of Iraq, beefing up our borders and let you handle your problems on your side of the world. Then there is reality, and that of course could never happen. Since if we stayed out of it, you Europeans would probably be surrendering your countries to Iran in 2 years.
Yes...reality. The US would never loosen its grip on international interests.
As long as there are rogue governments out there that can not be kept in check by the EU, then I hope not. Face it, your side of the world needs a babysitter, and there isn't a country over there, powerful enough to play "daddy" when those govts. don't play nice.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada
nothing... fuck stop butting in to other peoples business
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada
ouch!!!! i got a minus one for that... or because im canadian which was it
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

lowing wrote:

Well then, like I said, your doctor has medications that might help control your delusions.
Yes, because it's not like multi-national corportations based in America bully small governments around.  Oh no.  of course not.

lowing wrote:

As long as there are rogue governments out there that can not be kept in check by the EU, then I hope not. Face it, your side of the world needs a babysitter, and there isn't a country over there, powerful enough to play "daddy" when those govts. don't play nice.
Define "rogue government".
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yes, because it's not like multi-national corportations based in America bully small governments around.  Oh no.  of course not.

lowing wrote:

Define "rogue government".
my guess would be anything that can threaten us oil intrests or has a supply of oil they want
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580
Oh, I agree.  I want his definition.  That way we can all laugh as he struggles to find one which can't be applied to the US. 
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6678|BC, Canada

Bubbalo wrote:

Oh, I agree.  I want his definition.  That way we can all laugh as he struggles to find one which can't be applied to the US. 
my guess is he'll say something about gov'ts that support (or the ones bush tells him support) terrosit movements
JahManRed
wank
+646|6647|IRELAND

The world debate on this issue really comes down to trust.
No one trusts Iran
Iran Trusts No one.
a lot of the world doesn't trust America's motives
America doesn't trust the rest of the world to look after itself.

The debate on this forum comes down to:
Posters that unquestionably trust their country USA
Posters that question their country
Posters that don't trust their country USA.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

JahManRed wrote:

The world debate on this issue really comes down to trust.
No one trusts Iran
Iran Trusts No one.
the whole world doesn't trust America's motives
America doesn't trust the rest of the world to look after US interests.

I'm Americentric.  Noone other than Americans use the internet
I fixed up a couple of typos

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-05-24 05:38:30)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

How about govts. that carry out mass genocide on its own population, or govts. that openly discuss how Israel should be whiped off the face of the Earth. Gee I think I found a definition that doesn't apply.

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-24 15:11:26)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6862|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I say do nothing, let them do all they want.

BTW. How come USA is allowed to own nukes, but not Iran?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

lowing wrote:

How about govts. that carry out mass genocide on its own population, or govts.
*cough*native americans*cough*

lowing wrote:

that openly discuss how Israel should be whiped off the face of the Earth. Gee I think I found a definition that doesn't apply.
Because Israel isn't at all aggressive?

Besides which, neither definitions makes sense for the term "rogue".  You could apply the terms "genocidal" and "wanting to remoce another country-al", but not "rogue".
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

that openly discuss how Israel should be whiped off the face of the Earth. Gee I think I found a definition that doesn't apply.

Besides which, neither definitions makes sense for the term "rogue".  You could apply the terms "genocidal" and "wanting to remoce another country-al", but not "rogue".
Hey Bubbalo, the Iranian president is building nuclear weapons and has openly discussed wipping out an entire nation at the same time. Split all the hairs you want. you can not deny my post that started this so you only can pull the famous "what is the definition of "IS"? bullshit.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

As far as the native Americans, I can not or will not defend or condone the actions of the US govt. 150 fucking years ago!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard