Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6769|Toronto, ON
Since when is prone spamming a bannable offense?

I was playing on Taraba Quarry (I can't remember the server name) and proceeded to single-handedly take out 8 guys in a row who were all firing at me and then got banned with the following message:

BANNING NYTE - Excessive Proning + Crouching + Sprinting, take your exploits elsewhere

WTF?  Since when was strafe-prone-crouch-strafeOtherWay-prone-crouch repeat considered an exploit?  Sure I may have done it like 10 times in 10 seconds but that is no way an exploit.

If ANYONE thinks that using prone-crouch tactic is an exploit, they might as well go play a Fisher Price game.  They are the same people that ruined dolphin diving (And my Knife KD ratio as a result).

Anyone else agree?
Alpha as fuck.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6671|Westminster, Colorado
I agree.  I use that tactic all the time when shooting and knifing.  It's nothing more then pressing 3 buttons faster than they can.  Bannable offenses are getting more and more laughable.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6788|AUS, Canberra
im a sad panda
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK

Nyte wrote:

Anyone else agree?
Yes.

Prone spamming could be said to be an exploit but IMO its not becuase it takes more skill than, for example, dolphin diving. Also: "if it's there... use it"
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA
Prone spamming is annoying but easily countered. Instead of going for headshots start shooting their feet and they drop into ur bullets still not a bannable or even kickable offence. sounds like u were playing on a little kitty server.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Vile_Apocalypse
+8|6588
Complete BS dude.  Apparently you just pwned the wrong guy on that server (like admin maybe?)
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6760|Reality

liquidat0r wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Anyone else agree?
Yes.

Prone spamming could be said to be an exploit but IMO its not becuase it takes more skill than, for example, dolphin diving. Also: "if it's there... use it"
He, and all of you who agree with him, will make great typists one day. SKill at a keyboard Woohoo. Makes my testes shrink just thinking about it.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6675|California
Sounds like they were mad coz you OWNED them.

I figure if you can do it in real life its ok, and your stye sounds legit. Unlike dolphin diving and shooting while constanly jumping, which in real life you couldnt hit the brown side of a barn.

Going from laying down to kneeling then back to laying down is normal, what do people think the sand bags are for? Its for cover!

Keep up your style, sounds like a good one.

Keep banging thy head!
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6792|EUR
Since idiots bought servers.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6768
easy solution, just lob a couple of granades. they were obviously amatures at the game and dont like it when they dont get things their own way.

i got kicked from a sharqi server once for basically just killing more enemy than they could. didnt cheat, didnt use any exploits it was just pure and adulterated killing machine mode.
137twozerosniper
+57|6582|UK
its just a server...i'm sure there are more
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA

terrafirma wrote:

I agree.  I use that tactic all the time when shooting and knifing.  It's nothing more then pressing 3 buttons faster than they can.  Bannable offenses are getting more and more laughable.
Yea they are, the other day i was threatened to be kicked because i kept saying Enemy Boat Spotted! on a Kubra server
137twozerosniper
+57|6582|UK

Cbass wrote:

terrafirma wrote:

Yea they are, the other day i was threatened to be kicked because i kept saying Enemy Boat Spotted! on a Kubra server
u can be kicked for that message spamming
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA
i wasn't spamming i would just say it every few mins or so. i guess some people don't have a sence of humor.
propyl
+11|6716
a buddy of mine was actually warned by EA for prone spamming while knifing (caught on battle recorder). They said it was considered glitching and threatend to reset his account. Thanks EA....
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6855

137twozerosniper wrote:

Cbass wrote:

terrafirma wrote:

I'm waiting to be kick when I spam that at an actual boat.

I only do it to annoying commanders.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

Total BS. Too bad you don't remember the name of the server so I make sure NOT to play there.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6756|Pakistan/England

Nyte wrote:

They are the same people that ruined dolphin diving (And my Knife KD ratio as a result).

Anyone else agree?
flying snipers scare me.

no, they really do.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6669
While I don't agree that this tactic should be used (kind of lame IMO). I do not agree with kicking much less banning from server for this.  I love playing servers that have admin's on them, particularly when they apply a level handed approach to dealing with people, however, when there is a bad or abusive admin I would just as soon go elsewhere.

The other day I was in a half full server (12 slots out of 32) on Wake and was flying the J10 and got message:

KICKING Schnell-CH for 1 minute to make room for admin....WTF!?!?  There were friggin 20 slots left in the server, what crap.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6597|England

Nyte wrote:

Since when is prone spamming a bannable offense?

I was playing on Taraba Quarry (I can't remember the server name) and proceeded to single-handedly take out 8 guys in a row who were all firing at me and then got banned with the following message:

BANNING NYTE - Excessive Proning + Crouching + Sprinting, take your exploits elsewhere

WTF?  Since when was strafe-prone-crouch-strafeOtherWay-prone-crouch repeat considered an exploit?  Sure I may have done it like 10 times in 10 seconds but that is no way an exploit.

If ANYONE thinks that using prone-crouch tactic is an exploit, they might as well go play a Fisher Price game.  They are the same people that ruined dolphin diving (And my Knife KD ratio as a result).

Anyone else agree?
agree with the prone stuff m8 sounds like you prawned a admin there 2 many times .But disagree with the dolphin diveing made people look like retards and ruined the game iam glad its gone .Prone spamming takes more skill now which shows the skilled players about. +1 from me
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6757

Cheddarmuff wrote:

While I don't agree that this tactic should be used (kind of lame IMO). I do not agree with kicking much less banning from server for this.  I love playing servers that have admin's on them, particularly when they apply a level handed approach to dealing with people, however, when there is a bad or abusive admin I would just as soon go elsewhere.

The other day I was in a half full server (12 slots out of 32) on Wake and was flying the J10 and got message:

KICKING Schnell-CH for 1 minute to make room for admin....WTF!?!?  There were friggin 20 slots left in the server, what crap.
Yes I agree it is kind of Lame, but until EA ban it and believe me they will, because people will start complaining/whining about it, I say be my guest bounce up and down as much as you want, while you still have chance.

I don't use the tactic myself, it just dosnt feel right to be popping up and down around the battlefield when im playing sniper, but I wouldnt stop others from doing so, That Admin just didnt like getting owned and abused his powers.

Last edited by paranoid101 (2006-05-09 09:43:52)

Cheddarmuff
+21|6669

paranoid101 wrote:

Cheddarmuff wrote:

Yes I agree it is kind of Lame, but until EA ban it and believe me they will, because people will start complaining/whining about it, I say be my guest bounce up and down as much as you want, while you still have chance.

I don't use the tactic myself, it just dosnt feel right to be popping up and down around the battlefield when im playing sniper, but I wouldnt stop others from doing so, That Admin just didnt like getting owned and abused his powers.
Agreed....It doesn't bother me when people use the tactic...it is sad how you could get most things changed in the game if you cry enough (and convince enough others to cry with you).
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6711|Howell, Mi USA

Burning_Monkey wrote:

137twozerosniper wrote:

Cbass wrote:

I'm waiting to be kick when I spam that at an actual boat.

I only do it to annoying commanders.
Hahaha thats great. i just like to mess with people. Actually had someone say "y is there a boat at the hotel" on a Karkalander server.  gave me a good chuckle
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6640|Camp XRay

Nothing better than going prone with my pkm... *sighs and pets pkm*
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6714|Sacramento
I do the "worm" all the time. Its hella funny when people get so pissed that they ban you. Just laugh, not really much else you can do.

Worm and be Proud.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard