GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6751|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Downloaded this last week and have yet to find a populated server . i have 2 internode servers which are all ways empty , can anyone give me some populated servers ips

i went on the empty smoke screen server the map looks fabulous , just wanna game now .

On a side note i shot down a black hawk today with chinese tank unfortunately it was stolen by my team mates , i didnt see their tags coz they were so far away 3 punishes and a ban .

any ideas euro servers would great . as you can see im from oz . see ya
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6663|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Yeah man...I've got the same problem...I've got EF but I can't find a damn server to play it on...and if I do find one it's overseas and the ping is through the roof...it's really annoying...I mean we paid money for it and we can't play the thing...oh well...I guess ya just gotta get lucky...if anyone has any suggestions on where to go I'd like to know as well...thanks...
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6663|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Well...I think I may have come up with a solution...basically I think if you just search for as many ranked rooms as you can...on all sizes, 16, 32, 64...you can then group the maps together using the arrows at the top...from there all you have to do is scroll down and find a EF map and hopefully it will be populated and have a decent ping on it...I tried it earlier and had some sucess...I was able to get into Great Wall but unfotunatley someone in there joined and had like 400 ping which really made it lag...so there's a suggestion...hope it helps and happy hunting...
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
thanks Bob
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6736|Honolulu, HI
Or use the map filter on the server list and enter one of the server names:

%taraba for Taraba Quarry
%smoke for Operation Smoke Screen
%wall for Great Wall

I might add that pings are awful for me too...even more so because as I live in Hawaii, every server is "overseas" for me.  Sometimes over 2 or 3 seas.
khmer
+86|6685|Central California
Wow so there aren't many people playing this? Do you guys think if they made it available in-stores this will change? Man, glad I didn't buy it. Might buy it later with Armored Fury just to mess around in with the maps and new weapons but dunno if its worth it.
lowyaukee
+2|6843
EATW (EA Taiwan)

But the ping may be too high to you guys.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6727|Melbourne, Australia
euro forces wasent worth buying mate
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
hey got 6 rounds on i node 20 last night . really good games . not too hard to find your way around . finished with 21 people in the server
DSRTurtle
+56|6694
i like taraba quarry and operation smoke screen.  Not sure about the Great Wall map yet.  I just can't seem to find a low pop server to get some games started.  I've got one in my favorites list.  It's a 20 person server, but it's either empty or full never inbetween.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6843|Kubra, Damn it!

khmer wrote:

Wow so there aren't many people playing this? Do you guys think if they made it available in-stores this will change? Man, glad I didn't buy it. Might buy it later with Armored Fury just to mess around in with the maps and new weapons but dunno if its worth it.
I think if they made it less crappy then people would play it.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6846|A Small Isle in the Tropics

I.M.I Militant wrote:

euro forces wasent worth buying mate
you can say that again.. i can't even get EA Downloader to work..let alone now being billed for a non existent EF CD-Key and getting another EF CD key that wont work..

Needless to say when the survey from EA landed in my mailbox..i was quite happy to tell them how i felt.

And eventually with so few servers to play on once EA finally settles my problem.. garrgghh.. No Armored Fury for me..
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6660|Spokane, Washington

if your in the US, the 101st server seems always full...its a 64 player...actually here is an ip
72.36.222.197:16567
https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/72.36.222.197:16567.png
if you do a search, there are maybe 2 nice ones just like it, lost the ip for those because i reset my account on my comp
MaximumMayhem
+27|6658|Mashtuur Boulevard
Gaiki, it's frustrating as there are few servers in Oz besides Internode that have EF maps on regular rotation.  Keep trying Node though.  Or just do a Map search as Kefra said.  Either way, EA seems to have really screwed up here as far as their dream of integrating EF into vanilla goes.  Ranked servers are just scared shitless that people wont play on a EF + Vanilla maps server.. and they're right.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, EuroForces was a test that backfired. Not many people are intrigued by the maps. Smokescreen is alright, IF you are in a tank or jet. Tabarra is a waste. Great Wall one team can hold you out of the middle of the wall which is the main part of the map. I used to play it, I used to like the Great Wall, I used to like Smokescreen; I play once in awhile.
XISIX
+116|6623
Backfired test - gotta agree overall.
Barely find 4 or 5 servers at all.
Think more groundpounders than flyboys out there.

Rather have more interesting maps than Kubra Dam x 2.
Sigh.
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds
It's because the way the implemented it into bf2 sucks ass. It's only 3 maps and you can't mix in normal bf2 maps into the cycle.

You can't even use the cool new guns outside of eurosuck.

I hope AF will be better but tbh, i'm sure that will get old in a week or so. 3 maps, not much content...
oberst_enzian
+234|6751|melb.au
hey gaiki - i was scrolling through the servers and saw you in the node EF, and thought "hmm, there are people in there, maybe i should get it" but the consensus here seems to be that it's rare to find a game going, so i dunno....

i imagine that AF will get more people buying because of the tank-heavy nature of it (which admittedly sounds cool!), but overall it does sound like they fucked up. They should have either made it free, or bundled EF and AF together as another cheap expansion (because, to be honest, I <3 SF).

I have one question tho. If the servers are so underpopulated, wouldn't this lead to a lot of those long, low-ticket dropping, massive-point scoring, 20-people-in-a-64-player-map-type-of-situations?

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-05-11 18:16:06)

DSRTurtle
+56|6694

PRiMACORD wrote:

It's because the way the implemented it into bf2 sucks ass. It's only 3 maps and you can't mix in normal bf2 maps into the cycle.

I hope AF will be better but tbh, i'm sure that will get old in a week or so. 3 maps, not much content...
You are incorrect.  EF Maps can be included with BF2 Maps in a rotation.  If players do not have EF Maps, they will then be kicked from the server.
nelson496
+3|6793
yeah, thers not alot of servers running EF, but I still play on 3 of my favorite servers I regularly play on that runs EF.
Der_Gerch
+0|6655|Germany
Good to know that others have the same problem. I'd like to play EF more often, but its kind of difficult to find a decent server. If I find a decent server, I pray that there are no good pilots around, or I'll get bombed out every 2 steps. Actually, EF wasn't worth it's money. But I have the same problem wiht SF. Hard to get a server with a decent ping. Seems like SF isn't much played either. At least, SF was worth buying.

Last edited by Der_Gerch (2006-05-12 14:23:56)

PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds

DSRTurtle wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

You are incorrect.  EF Maps can be included with BF2 Maps in a rotation.  If players do not have EF Maps, they will then be kicked from the server.
orly

cool

Know any servers that do this?
DSRTurtle
+56|6694

PRiMACORD wrote:

Know any servers that do this?
A couple of them.  One is run by my clan.  The Server name is DSR.  It's a 16 player server.  It's just not full all the time.  Another is Texas Militia.  They have 2 or 3.  One of them has euro forces maps mixed in.  If I remember correctly, their's is a 32 player server.

Edited for grammar

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-05-13 04:22:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard