Clipse
+-1|6534

tahadar wrote:

hey, are you Clipse555 by any chance whatsoever? if you are, then ive seen you a lot on the [PTG] server
Yaps Hi der, u r a basterd sniper ! lol. [PTG] rox, been playing there  loads l8ley.
Souldja.NL
+8|6534|Netherlands
well..If I dont feel like flying I go play Karkand
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

i play Karkand a lot simply because almost every server has it

it's not anywhere near my favorite map (Daqing Oilfields bitches!!!) but it's just that a whole lot of servers play it... so i kind of have to

it's not that i DON'T like it... it just gets repetetive after awhile

i love servers that have 2 rounds per map, cycling through ALL of the maps, but they don't have enough of those...

Edit: i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map
Nope, I think that's my favorite map too. The only problem is i don't play it without my clan on, so i play mostly Karkand. Nothing like a good chopper whoring round or a good ol' armor convoy.
ah yes, gotta love those convoy's!

:]-[: El_Shiznit wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Edit: i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map
I love that map.  Almost my favorite.

Sharqi > Mass Destruction > Daqing > Everything else
oh yeah!

i love Mass Destruction too! although for me it's

Daquing > Mass Destruction > FuShe Pass > everything else(yes i love that map too maybe now i'm the only person to like that map ... probably not lol)

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

i play Karkand a lot simply because almost every server has it

it's not anywhere near my favorite map (Daqing Oilfields bitches!!!) but it's just that a whole lot of servers play it... so i kind of have to

it's not that i DON'T like it... it just gets repetetive after awhile

i love servers that have 2 rounds per map, cycling through ALL of the maps, but they don't have enough of those...

Nope, I think that's my favorite map too. The only problem is i don't play it without my clan on, so i play mostly Karkand. Nothing like a good chopper whoring round or a good ol' armor convoy.
I love Daqing...I play AT only usually on that map because I own said chopper whores and tank convoys....finding a server with that map is a bit more difficult.
i know what you mean... i wish they had a 24/7 server for Daquing & FuShe Pass

i love blowing up the helos on Daqing
Clipse
+-1|6534
Tahadar, yes,lol, you're the one who hides on that clapped out APC, out of sight, sniping like a bitch.

Do you like my hiding place ?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

yerded wrote:

Discounting the lack of aviation, why do you play so much Karkand?
Is it simply the best map, or is it simply the highest scoring map.
I wonder if karkand should be dropped in the next patch as a  official map. Look at the leaders stats and notice how much time they spend playing that one map.
     I confess I love karkand too, mostly because of no jets/helis.
It offers nice infantry battles , even though there are tanks, when there are bout 8 AT guys on your that enemy tank probably wont cuz much of a problem and when you are a Medic or Support guy on a 64 slot server it gives you huge amounts of points and nooo planes that bomb or rape the shit out of you
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6607|Westminster, California

PspRpg-7 wrote:

yerded wrote:

Discounting the lack of aviation, why do you play so much Karkand?
Is it simply the best map, or is it simply the highest scoring map.
I submit that karkand should be dropped in the next patch as a  official map. Look at the leaders stats and notice how much time they spend playing that one map.
     I confess I love karkand too, mostly because of no jets/helis.
You sir, are an idiot.
Are you for real?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6561|Reisterstown, MD

I love to C4 people.  Nothing makes me laugh out loud than seeing  a body fly 20 feet in the air when they spawn..priceless.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.
I play strike at karkand because my GFX card goes to hell on ay other level as you have probly heard me whinging about in many other threads.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6711|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
cuz im a big n00b, cant aim and shit so i can get kills by droping claymores and spawnkilling thats it.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6741|Canada, Ont
Will be a waste to post this here on the 4th page but Im going to do it anyway.

TRUTH ABOUT KARKAND:

People love this map because you can get the most kills even if you have no skill at all, and with kills comes points making it the highest scoreing map for all players even for the noobies. But with many kills means alot of deaths which is why I hate this map because you can't avoid death because its almost impossible to avoid running into anouther player or being caught from behind (Partly the reason alot of Special Forces sucks [Getting shot in the Dark aswell])
I can understand how alot of people don't like Jets/Helicopters Interfering with Ground vs. Ground Combat which is a good reason to play Karkand but not every day and a constant basis, that just makes you a Point Whore and in truth, no good at the game. If you play one map all the time you will get really good at it but you still are not 'Good' if you step into anouther map and don't know which road goes where.

People obsess about points in this game, but for me, its about being the best I can be at everything in the game, That means every map, every kit and every vehicle. So if someone says "We need Support over here" I can do that... "We need a Jet Pilot" I can do that too...
Where alot of players can't hit anything with a Carbine or a PKM because all they know how to do is use the Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher/Defibulators/Hand Grenades/Armor...

My first point is my strongest point and just incase you forgot it im going to restate it here.
Alot of people suck at this game, and Karkand is the only map they can get kills in by shooting people in the back, or shooting people while they are distracted.
You understand?
I dunno what tone this is comming off as but Im not complaining about this map, but I am simply stating fact.

I can tollerate 32 Player Karkand because it ends alot faster then 64 player Karkand, and doesn't become a Noob War over the 2 Bottlenecks between the Gatehouse and Train accident. Where both teams throw themselves at eachother for the whole rest of the round and almost never break through to capture anouther flag.

Karkand is hard to avoid...Almost any random server I go into thats not playing Karkand, goes to Karkand right after that map is over. So for most people, it becomes your favorit map without even playing 24/7 Karkand servers. It was my #1 map for a while before I made my best efforts to avoid it at every chance I got. I would change the next map on our Server to the one after Karkand to avoid playing it, because its Mindless Combat. Consistant and Actionpacked, but all the same Mindless and Repedative.

Factory is the most important Flag, If  the MEC Loses it, USMC will win if the players using the Armor know how to hang back and Spawn Kill while troops grab the flags (With a UAV Supported Army), they will be unchallanged (Most players drive armor right up into the flags surrounded by everything [Dumb]). So while 40% - 60% of the team is fighting at the hotel...without lookin at the map, starting to think "Where are all the USMC dudes, they stopped Comming". The whole Island is taken and its a bottleneck fight but the Hotel is still vulnerable to the Uncapables... USMC Wins again. But im sure you all know this, you play the map all the time but why do you still suck at it?

So im trying to think of more things to say about Karkand...ummm, People are Jelous when Jet Pilots and Helecopter Pilots get lots of points...they think its cheap. In truth they wish they were that good but don't see themselves ever being able to use thoes vehicles to the extent. "Your a hacker" "Come down here and fight like a man" "I could beat you if you were on foot". That sort of deal.

I like to think I know everything there is to know about this game. I don't want to get flamed for Claiming that I know everything. But im usally always right, and what I have put here does not apply to everyone, but does apply to the majority of the BattleField Community. So stop and think about what I have said.

***It won't kill you to play on a non-city map***

...Infact...you'll die alot less.

Thanks for your time,
                                See you on the Battlefield
                                                                          (Sorry for the random Caps, im Weird like that)

Last edited by JeSTeR_Player1 (2006-05-10 06:52:31)

rgraze
+6|6643
Because almost every server has this map on,  not by choice.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6670|NCFSU2
Whoever gave the negative karma with the reason, "I don't agree": WHAT don't you agree with? That I don't think it's the best map and that I'M sick of it?

I'll run my thoughts and opinions with you next time before I post anything... Sorry I'm not some useless automaton and like other maps other than Whore at Karkand and like to think on my own.

Don't agree eh? Too bad.
niomosy
+26|6660
It's the best map for whoring a lot of badges and some of the medals and ribbons.  Lately I've been playing more Sharqi and Warlord.  Well, now it's pretty much just Sharqi while racking up MEC hours for the Golden Scimitar.

I'll probably have to go back to Karkand for a run at Expert Pistol.  That or Warlord, possibly.  After that, I'll probably just hop back into a general rotation so I can play some of the other maps.  Particularly Dragon Valley and FuShe Pass.  Actually, I won't mind a server that just did a Chinese maps rotation (minus Wake, preferrably).
a fly
+105|6615|The netherlands
i dont like karkand above any map, i played it most cause of when i was noob it was easy to kill people, cause of more noobish people..... (yes, thats possable!)

personely i think mastuur and sharki are better for any type of combat. + the chopper in sharki is gold (i dont mean the medal, althought it is.....). there is nothing like letting your gunner get more then 50 kills keeping your troops safe while they cap flags.

mastuur is ... a snipers dream, there are so many wannabe snipers, that are easy to shoot. if there are good snipers is can be a pain thought.

karkand i like for: i got my expert spec ops just now there, to easy, a 20 slot 64 map, perfect. i had a round of over 170, more then the commander and i joined when the game was already going on for 10 min's...
its fun cause off all the noobs who think they are good, but get pwned to hard. if armor gets anoying theres plenty of transport cars to load up with c4.....
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6607|Westminster, California

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Will be a waste to post this here on the 4th page but Im going to do it anyway.

TRUTH ABOUT KARKAND:

People love this map because you can get the most kills even if you have no skill at all, and with kills comes points making it the highest scoreing map for all players even for the noobies. But with many kills means alot of deaths which is why I hate this map because you can't avoid death because its almost impossible to avoid running into anouther player or being caught from behind (Partly the reason alot of Special Forces sucks [Getting shot in the Dark aswell])
I can understand how alot of people don't like Jets/Helicopters Interfering with Ground vs. Ground Combat which is a good reason to play Karkand but not every day and a constant basis, that just makes you a Point Whore and in truth, no good at the game. If you play one map all the time you will get really good at it but you still are not 'Good' if you step into anouther map and don't know which road goes where.

People obsess about points in this game, but for me, its about being the best I can be at everything in the game, That means every map, every kit and every vehicle. So if someone says "We need Support over here" I can do that... "We need a Jet Pilot" I can do that too...
Where alot of players can't hit anything with a Carbine or a PKM because all they know how to do is use the Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher/Defibulators/Hand Grenades/Armor...

My first point is my strongest point and just incase you forgot it im going to restate it here.
Alot of people suck at this game, and Karkand is the only map they can get kills in by shooting people in the back, or shooting people while they are distracted.
You understand?
I dunno what tone this is comming off as but Im not complaining about this map, but I am simply stating fact.

I can tollerate 32 Player Karkand because it ends alot faster then 64 player Karkand, and doesn't become a Noob War over the 2 Bottlenecks between the Gatehouse and Train accident. Where both teams throw themselves at eachother for the whole rest of the round and almost never break through to capture anouther flag.

Karkand is hard to avoid...Almost any random server I go into thats not playing Karkand, goes to Karkand right after that map is over. So for most people, it becomes your favorit map without even playing 24/7 Karkand servers. It was my #1 map for a while before I made my best efforts to avoid it at every chance I got. I would change the next map on our Server to the one after Karkand to avoid playing it, because its Mindless Combat. Consistant and Actionpacked, but all the same Mindless and Repedative.

Factory is the most important Flag, If  the MEC Loses it, USMC will win if the players using the Armor know how to hang back and Spawn Kill while troops grab the flags (With a UAV Supported Army), they will be unchallanged (Most players drive armor right up into the flags surrounded by everything [Dumb]). So while 40% - 60% of the team is fighting at the hotel...without lookin at the map, starting to think "Where are all the USMC dudes, they stopped Comming". The whole Island is taken and its a bottleneck fight but the Hotel is still vulnerable to the Uncapables... USMC Wins again. But im sure you all know this, you play the map all the time but why do you still suck at it?

So im trying to think of more things to say about Karkand...ummm, People are Jelous when Jet Pilots and Helecopter Pilots get lots of points...they think its cheap. In truth they wish they were that good but don't see themselves ever being able to use thoes vehicles to the extent. "Your a hacker" "Come down here and fight like a man" "I could beat you if you were on foot". That sort of deal.

I like to think I know everything there is to know about this game. I don't want to get flamed for Claiming that I know everything. But im usally always right, and what I have put here does not apply to everyone, but does apply to the majority of the BattleField Community. So stop and think about what I have said.

***It won't kill you to play on a non-city map***

...Infact...you'll die alot less.

Thanks for your time,
                                See you on the Battlefield
                                                                          (Sorry for the random Caps, im Weird like that)
Thank God I figured out this is pasted from a previous topic! I thought you were writting a novel on Karkand and I was going to say...sheesh!
     Glad to see your epic rant get a new breath of life.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6794|St. Louis, MO
Rather than write you a novel about it,i'll just say that it's simple and the Karkand only servers always seem to have great pings with a low server load.
voltage
+46|6811|Sweden
I think the developers should take some hints from the popularity of Karkand though, in fact they could run all kinds of stat queries to find out what needs to be changed. As I said above, I'm fed up with Karkand but I'd say that it's the other maps that need to be changed.

First of all the jet power need to be balanced, the amount of TKing ppl do to get a plane should speak for itself (I've never ever been TKed for an armor, to make an comparison). Not neccessarily nerfing it. I think if they made one of the jets to be purely air oriented by removing bombs etc, they could actually add one jet per map and give more players access to air toys while making it a bit easer on land troops.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard